• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Upgrading a Bobcat

I have a 25 cal FX Bobcat I consider weak because it shoots H&N Hunter Extreme 28.4 gr pellets at 859 fps. It is very accurate but I think JSB heavies would fly much better at this speed and I could get there if I had it tuned for that I’m sure. My second consideration is changing the Smooth Twist barrel and tuning the regulator to shoot 40 gr slugs in the 950 fps range. So more power and the use of the hi low power wheel might let me shoot both slugs and pellets. This Bobcat is my first new pcp purchase and I want to upgrade it and keep it. My other 2 pcp’s were used purchases from AGN Classifieds. Both of those purchases were excellent and useful. The thing I’m contemplating is sending my Bobcat off to be tuned and have the barrel changed ( what barrel and what twist rate, choked or unchoked ). Ideas for where to send for this tune and barrel swap would be appreciated, also what kind of money do you think this is going to run. I like to put things out on this forum as it has always been helpful and this will take some time to acquire the funds.