UPGRADED TO A NEW TX200 WALNUT

A few years ago I purchased a used tx200 beech stock in .22cal.
I put a BSA OUTLOOK 3 X 9 X 40 scope on it.
I feel in love with it. I was so accurate and fun to shoot.
The quality of these air rifles is spectacular . I do not know how old this one is.
This one had some bluing imperfections on barrel, most likely from a sling of some sort and a small ding in stock but still beautiful.
I figure one day when I am older I will not shoot my firearms anymore but I can always shoot pellet rifles at home in the basement.
Last week I ordered a new TX200 with walnut stock in .22cal. I was nervous when the UPS driver handed the box to me.
I was praying for a nice grain pattern in the walnut stock with character. I was not disappointed.
I have relocated the BSA scope to the new one and it is shooting fantastic.
The trigger is very light but I am getting use to it.
It will be hard to sell the old one , the beech stock really shows the engraving pattern.
This one will end up as a family heirloom if I ever get grand children.
These air rifles are worth the money spent and I will enjoy this one the rest of my life.
Thanks to the talented craftsmen at Air Arms you built another beauty.

3-30-2023tx200.JPG

I wish they put a better coat of something on the walnut from The factory.....I put a oil on mine and looks good but I rather it come all done .
That's just the way a lot of British guns with walnut came. Air Arms, Webley, BSA, and some Theobens.
Original Webley as it came:
s-l1600 (3).jpg
Reshaped comb, stripped, and refinished:
P1010039.JPG

Most can be improved just by adding finish without stripping but look at the difference.

55,000 pellets and counting.
I do not know what your definition of old is and I do not really care but…
I will be 78 in August.
In September I will be driving (all by myself, too) all the way to Rawlins, Wyoming from California for my antelope hunt.
1200 miles, two stops for gas…14 hours.
A bit longer if the Smokeys stop me in Utah for speeding.
IMG_1280.jpeg

55,000 pellets and counting.
I do not know what your definition of old is and I do not really care but…
I will be 78 in August.
In September I will be driving (all by myself, too) all the way to Rawlins, Wyoming from California for my antelope hunt.
1200 miles, two stops for gas…14 hours.
A bit longer if the Smokeys stop me in Utah for speeding.
View attachment 345075
Be sure and take pictures and have a great time hunting!