• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

crowski

Dec 14, 2020
On, Canada
It’s been two months today since I nailed this 
49E96099-EE0F-49A9-ADE1-252D5D21A5CD.1643823578.jpeg
 guy with my springer. I went to check on him. I saw a grey and got him. Head shot. They run down this hole out of sight. It’s deep. 
9B1106F1-472F-4BCD-ABB0-81744CE580F9.1643824187.jpeg
0373329B-8D57-423B-B92F-164FFBC4617C.1643824188.jpeg
 I bet I lost a dozen down there. 
‘Have any of you ever see this for this length of time? 
Crow

Mg616 your right. I bought here 6 yrs. ago, from my neighbour. He was a great guy, still talk occasionally. If you look closely Jack put a rubber coated 1/2” cable with a few Crosby clamps around the two main trunks 20 yrs. ago. Brilliant!
A265D0A1-7E32-418D-AEE9-5EBF3B0A69C2.1643831550.jpeg
Tree approx. 200 yrs. old. I’ve planted, giving it hopefully 2 more yrs.

TN_Yankee for sure. I’’ll bet he’s froze soild and thawed 20 times. 
cmatera great idea +1. Will be done today. Thanks Crow 

Thanks for the update! LOL!

I would say the tree rat is desiccated by now... like a freeze dried mummy... sort of...

Hope the "hole" where you placed the burlap isn't TOO deep or you may have a tree that is in danger of splitting and falling in the future from rot or parasites even with the cable wrap.

Of course, as long as it is NOT too close to your house or anything else that can be damaged, no problem. Otherwise, I would get out there and cut it down before it does do some damage to property. I can't tell from the photos if anything is in danger if it falls naturally.

P.S.

I speak from experience. Having a tree fall on your house or other valuable property is no fun. I had no warning as the tree that fell on my house was growing on my neighbor's property and had a hollow at the bottom (hidden by the privacy fence) that his son (who burglarized my home earlier) had been burning and thus caused it to fall on my house. My insurance company would not pursue a claim against my neighbor, so I was stuck with the cost of the deductible and higher home owners insurance rates for making a claim. State Farm sucks.

Backstop if a tree falls on your property from your neighbours, your insurance will cover it, not his. But if before it falls, you give him a written warning that it may fall on your property, then he’s liable. I had it happen on my commercial property. 
When I did insurance claims with my business, State Farm was never allowed anything until they paid first, they were the worst in my opinion to deal with. Crow 

I have had squirrels to fall in places like that or go up a hollow tree. Some are retrievable. I would cut a small pencil thin sapling & trim it leaving a small pointed fork on the end. You can poke it in the hole and twist it when you feel the squirrel. It will twist into the hide & hair. You can then drag it out It will work as long as you can make contact with the squirrel.

Backstop if a tree falls on your property from your neighbours, your insurance will cover it, not his. But if before it falls, you give him a written warning that it may fall on your property, then he’s liable. I had it happen on my commercial property. 
When I did insurance claims with my business, State Farm was never allowed anything until they paid first, they were the worst in my opinion to deal with. Crow

The problem here was that there was obvious human action that caused the tree to fall, which takes it out of the "act of god" category, but SF would not pursue it.

Again, I was unaware of the intentional human caused fire damage that caused the tree to ultimately fall because the privacy fence hid the evidence from me until the tree fell and knocked down the fence.

I fully understand what you are talking about, but in this case there was a human cause and the insurance company simply chose (as they most often do) to just raise my rates and not sue the person(s) who caused the tree to fall. This was not an "act of god" case.

All insurance companies suck when it comes to such liability. They are NOT on your side.

The problem here was that there was obvious human action that caused the tree to fall, which takes it out of the "act of god" category, but SF would not pursue it.

Again, I was unaware of the intentional human caused fire damage that caused the tree to ultimately fall because the privacy fence hid the evidence from me until the tree fell and knocked down the fence.

I fully understand what you are talking about, but in this case there was a human cause and the insurance company simply chose (as they most often do) to just raise my rates and not sue the person(s) who caused the tree to fall. This was not an "act of god" case.

All insurance companies suck when it comes to such liability. They are NOT on your side.

I have that merit badge on a few properties I own. If you buck up about it they usually get scared and pursue collection. Generally it is not worth it unless there is substantial money involved . To top it off some of the claims are in my opinion in a grey area. For example a tree dies on the adjacent property owner's land and they fail to cut the tree down (negligence). Later a storm (act of god) blows the dead tree down onto your property causing damage. I have that merit badge also. There should be laws for this and insurance companies held accountable 🙁. Insurance is a necessary evil! 😂

I have that merit badge on a few properties I own. If you buck up about it they usually get scared and pursue collection. Generally it is not worth it unless there is substantial money involved . To top it off some of the claims are in my opinion in a grey area. For example a tree dies on the adjacent property owner's land and they fail to cut the tree down (negligence). Later a storm (act of god) blows the dead tree down onto your property causing damage. I have that merit badge also. There should be laws for this and insurance companies held accountable
1f641.svg
. Insurance is a necessary evil!
1f602.svg

Unless you are here illegally in the first place. Then, you get a pass. The truth.