Update to my research on undersized slugs

Its 4 years since you posted this, however, I just bought, machined and installed a Lother walther barrel on my Umarex G2. After test firing i decided to slug the bore. To my surprise its not the advertised .219 bore diameter, Its .221!! Now i have a nice unchoked barrel with nothing to shoot out of it.
I have some .219 slugs coming from NSA, but id like to find some quality .220 to .221 to shoot. Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you for any advice you have to share,
Mike

Its 4 years since you posted this, however, I just bought, machined and installed a Lother walther barrel on my Umarex G2. After test firing i decided to slug the bore. To my surprise its not the advertised .219 bore diameter, Its .221!! Now i have a nice unchoked barrel with nothing to shoot out of it.
I have some .219 slugs coming from NSA, but id like to find some quality .220 to .221 to shoot. Do you have any suggestions?
Mike
Maybe check on ebay for slugs larger than .221 or it will not get enough spin for accuracy or PM jessfranco here who makes slugs, maybe he can make you .222. I shoot 18gr (5.52) pellets and my non choked poly barrel is .217.....I shoot .2175 slugs accurately, .217 or 5.52mm slugs will not shoot accurately, not enough land/groove contact for spin stabilization FYI. Hope you find the correct size slugs. When loading a correct size slug into a non choked barrel, you will feel good resistance but not overly so, too large of a diameter and you will probably bend or break the probe.

Mike
If you slugged the barrel....you found out the groove diameter. The groove diameter is not the bore. The bore is the top of the lands. The bore is probably around .215.

Mike

Reactions: JungleShooter