• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Update on USPS not accepting airguns or scopes ......

Sometimes there is a rainbow in all situations. The two airguns were shipped today by UPS and the cost was almost half of what priority mail was charging. They did me a favor and USP will be my new favorite way of shipping my Airguns. Thanks for all the responses I read all of them. We have a lot of knowledge here! As for USPS they will bring themselves down and maybe it is time for a private entity to take over.

Sorry but USPS has never delivered something that looked like this ,TO ME... UPS HAS and USPS insurance is much easier to collect upon.

IMG_20220422_143256377_HDR.1651094941.jpg
IMG_20220422_143112961.1651094943.jpg

ALWAYS ask the seller if they are willing to remove the stock from the action and they be wrapped separately. Particularly wood stocks on long guns. It will save both of you money (long boxes are more expensive to ship than short ones) and headaches and heartaches.

And I ship FedEx ground. Typically cheaper than USPS and UPS. Use their cost estimator found on their respective websites. 

@dayjd, I've never had problems with USPS. I've never TOLD them I'm shipping a gun, ONLY that I'm not shipping any of the items on their restricted list. Maybe giving more information than was necessary caused the problem in the 1st place. I tell them I'm shipping a pneumatic tool(s). As I mentioned before, I remove stock & barrel when possible to reduce package length & possibility of of package getting "stressed" (it also reduces shipping costs). As to what's in the package, that's my business as long as it's not the chemicals & stuff they DON'T allow. If others have had better luck with UPS more power to ya! Variety is the spice of life. 

Reactions: Moderator3
2000 delivers by USPS and only one problem....and that is over 30 one-piece fishing rods and about 20 air gun rifles.

Wonder why I have no problems....1999 is not luck...Rods come in heavy cardboard tubes or PVC..Air rifles are double boxed or better.

For sure it is a good idea to separate the action from the stock.

I am sorry for all that have had bad experiences with whatever and whoever carriers,I do not think one is better than the other.

FedEx leaves the boxes on my porch,not always a good thing,UPS I have to sign for,and I am not always there to do so=hassle.

I have had a few bad experiences with Fedex, UPS, and USPS over the last 16 years but only one claim and that was UPS. Haven't used them in years other than to receive and return Amazon products. I usually double box when I can and always use plenty of dunnage. I have always favored USPS because of the speed I can get the product to the customer and the fact I can insure it. I like PayPal because I have been scammed a couple times and they took care of it. Not to mention payment for a purchase gets there quick which ensures I get the item quicker. I'm not saying I wouldn't ship Priority Mail again but I won't be using that PO. I purchased a HW97 about 12 years ago from the west coast and when I paid for it I included extra money for the seller to insure it for purchase price which I asked him to do. I believe I sent about $20 extra because the asking price included shipping. The guy went out and purchased a $120 camo hard case to ship it in. When I open the outer box and case the stock was broken near the back of the grip. He didn't ensure it and ended up buying me a new stock and obviously he was pretty upset about it. I felt bad for him but I didn't ask him to go out and buy a new case. I just wanted it insured. That is a lesson I didn't have to learn the hard way but it still took time to resolve. I feel as a buyer and seller we need to do the best we can for each other if there is a issue. 

I will say that in the time frame after Thanksginving 2020 to the spring of 2021 I received packages by priority mail and even sent a few that took 3 to 4 weeks to get to its destination. USPS really sucked in that period.

Ups has very clear criteria if u want to claim insurance. 
min 2” of hard packaging all around the item. 
Box has to be a square or rectangular box.

they will want to inspect the item and the packaging. If this criteria is met…they hav never failed to pay up when they damage stuff. 

they tend to be half the cost of usps on heavier item. 
usps it really only competitive with their flat fee boxes. 

I asked the Post Master in town if airguns could be shipped. He told me that not only could I ship air guns but also pb long guns and shot guns. Only pb that couldn't be shipped was a hand gun and pb ammo. It might be something to do with the state you live in like commieformia where everything seems to need to go through a ffl. I live in Arizona where people wear handguns on their hip all of the time.

Forgot to include local city laws.