Update on RAW HM1000X shooting with and without moderator

As I said in another post, I removed the factory "moderator" section, kept the 2” tube and added a DonnyFL adapter. I also purchased a Donny Ronin to use with this setup. I shot today with a dB meter at 1 meter from muzzle and with the Ronin got 84 dB average and without the Ronin got 88 dB average. The Ronin changed the POI downward 1/4”. I also tried a Tanto a friend had for his Avenger. It was waaaay quieter but by then I had put the meter away. 88 dB is not super loud for me and I use hearing protection at the bench anyway.

As for accuracy, I didn't notice a whole lot of difference in group size between setups. Of course this gun is super accurate/consistent anyway. I was able to shoot the smallest 22 cal group I have ever shot by leaving the moderator off. I tend to agree that without the factory moderator end and without an additional moderator (eg. the Ronin) the RAW is slightly more precise in shot placement. I still have the empty can on the end and that seems to be coming into the equation somehow as well. All shots were single loaded (no magazine). I find using the magazine makes pellet insertion in the chamber to be problematic (no real control over angle it enters.) Single loading at bench tends to slow one down and let regulator catch up and shooter to slow down and concentrate on hold and shot placement.

Here are some targets to illustrate:

BAEF2BBF-90E5-4DDA-871F-2D002FD9DADD.1651344220.jpeg
0CAB720B-34D8-46C2-AE74-F6AEDC93266F.1651344220.jpeg

This was the setup at club indoors (pretty close to 25 yards from muzzle).

45BBF53C-43F4-4726-AFAD-18478F4B09E8.1651344282.jpeg