Upcoming Reincarnation of the Beeman P17

I actually purposely paid a little more to buy from one of the airgun dealers I like to buy from rather from amazon.

Too bad there are some places where America's Freedoms are being quashed by the state and local governments.

Got word that it was shipped today (actually only a shipping label created today) and it should be here Monday!

In the meantime the 747 keeps on sending pellets downrange!

I probably should take it down, clean it up and replace all of the O=rings, but as long it is performing (even after a gazillion pellets) it is probably better to leave it alone.

Anyone know of a source of a manual (preferably electronic) for the 747? 

A LONGSHOT I know after all these years.

Was down where the driveway meets the county road working on the mailbox and shooting the breeze with the neighbor when a blue sedan pulls up and asks if either of us is 5112, it was then I noticed he was wearing a FedEx uniform.

FedEx in a sedan . . . Oh well who cares what he's driving, he has my P17 and a selection of pellets in that box.

Oh well mailbox replacement project gets in the way of shootin for a while.

Unbox, clean the barrel and get ready to try the first pellet . . .

Dang that takes some effort to close the gun.

The first three are low and centered (close range but the same distance I shoot the 747) and try the other pellets. Finally I try some of the OLD stock daisy match pellets and they shoot best in this gun also. Luckily I have a couple of thousand left.

First impressions:

Takes some effort to charge the air chamber.

Shoots much harder than the 747 according to the sound of the pellet hitting in my trap.

I like the sights.

I like the feel in the hand, comfortable.

I wish it had a bit more weight about it.

Gonna go shoot a few shots now I reckon.

Was down where the driveway meets the county road working on the mailbox and shooting the breeze with the neighbor when a blue sedan pulls up and asks if either of us is 5112, it was hen I noticed he was wearing a FedEx uniform.

FedEx in a sedan . . . Oh well who cares what he's driving, he has my P17 and a selection of pellets in that box.

Oh well mailbox replacement project gets in the way of shootin for a while.

Unbox, clean the barrel and get ready to try the first pellet . . .

Dang that takes some effort to close the gun.

The first three are low and centered (close range but the same distance I shoot the 747) and try the other pellets. Finally I try some of the OLD stock daisy match pellets and they shoot best in this gun also. Luckily I have a couple of thousand left.

First impressions:

Takes some effort to charge the air chamber.

Shoots much harder than the 747 according to the sound of the pellet hitting in my trap.

I like the sights.

I like the feel in the hand, comfortable.

I wish it had a bit more weight about it.

Gonna go shoot a few shots now I reckon.

Congrats RidnLou!! If you take apart the piston, which is very easy to do and clean out the stock grease and use silicone oil instead it will be easier to charge and mine had its groups tighten up, which were pretty tight to begin with. Mine loves to shoot wadcutters. Have fun!!

I had some old Crosman pellets that never shot well in Springer rifles.

4 out of 5 did not shoot well out of the P17 either and it seems to shoot most pellets well, at least to my two handed shooting POsition.

Going to have to dig out a pistol scope, a set of rings and set up for shooting from a rest to see what it will really do and which pellet is really best.

5,10, 15 and maybe 25 just to see haw it hangs in there.