BSA Union Jack BSA Goldstar SE

Sometimes you get lucky - with a lead from AGN mbr Exodus, I bought a BSA Goldstar SE Union Jack on EBay. Turns out this Union Jack is new or other than upgrades like a huma shroud and huma reg it’s spotless-I don’t even see handling marks? Came in original packaging and 2300 psi on board. damn! It’s the HP model so perfect for HFT. Sometimes you get lucky 🍀

I had one of them, you will be extremely pleased if it was as accurate as the one I previously owned.
19C174DD-0786-43CF-BDD6-BE342579EEAF.jpeg

Last edited:
Yup, Blast tamer, Much lighter hammer & more spring, Cobra assist valve etc ...
SSG stopping the hammer bounce 100% is the most effective w/o extensive internal mods.

There is the Marauder SAM which uses hammer bounce to re-cock the hammer.

There is the addition of free flight with a stiff spring that suffices in many cases.

The most effective is my favorite, and a nice secret I'll keep to myself for now, don't want to steal someone else's thunder, requires no additional 'device'.

-Matt

Really underrated guns.

Spent a couple months with one a few years ago, as accurate as anything else I've shot in the sub 20fpe class, and that includes guns up to a couple thousand $$$.
@Franklink I think (I Know) it was your Write up on the BSA that sent me down the HFT rabbit hole. https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/bsa-gold-star-union-jack-in-177-ongoing-review.646252/
and then
@Motorhead wrote this up: https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/just-finished-a-sweet-bsa-conversion-with-many-mods.1071584/

🤣

Last edited:
Well done cavedweller
What a beautiful rifle
Make me proud to be British lol
The stock is something else 😁👍
The BSA, like the AA S500 series really are sweet lil shooters.... but hey, what's with the Brits putting the loading port on the left side...?
I am reminded that a large comma wheel on the scope of choice, is really important for these British guns in HFT to avoid loading gate fumblies; that and having a very specific routine for ranging, loading, aiming, and shooting.

Sometimes you get lucky - with a lead from AGN mbr Exodus, I bought a BSA Goldstar SE Union Jack on EBay. Turns out this Union Jack is new or other than upgrades like a huma shroud and huma reg it’s spotless-I don’t even see handling marks? Came in original packaging and 2300 psi on board. damn! It’s the HP model so perfect for HFT. Sometimes you get lucky 🍀
I saw that one and I was extremely tempted by it. Good score!

I added it. It makes cycling the bolt easier especially if you have large hands.
i would say based on the unique bolt bulb add on - that this IS your gun... who did you originally sell it to?
Funny how things go round and round. @Cannonball do you know how old this gun is? wondering about doing an oring reseal. also did you ship it in the original ship box?

Last edited: