• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Unidentified gun.... Red Panda

Well, imo, air guns are machines...score XYZ once, its up to the shooter and elements to repeat, not the machine. IMO that gun proved itself, sure there could be some fault that makes it unstable over long periods but that would be odd as heck. Can't speak to if production model will have equal quality either.

Not a gun that I would ever buy but I absolutely love that a Chinese gun with a no name Chinese barrel on the very first outing smoked guns that self proclaim themselves as the best ever that will change airgunnning from now forward :ROFLMAO: ...... and also exceptional well established airguns that have been at the top for sometimes.

I find the all thing compelling and wants to make me watch even if I have no interest in target shooting,.........talk less and do, I love that, talk is cheap actions is what matters.

You are looking at the Karma Airguns RP, or Red Panda.
It’s a .30 caliber, purpose built benchrest airgun. It has a bull barrel, and unscoped it weighs about 17 pounds.
A small number of us on the Saber Tactical team shot prototypes at RMAC. Based on that experience some changes are being made before a final release version is ready.
The rifle is made in China. That may be a topic of discussion for some people. DonnyFL and Saber Tactical have always worked closely with a manufacturers who can deliver according to specifications.
In this case the design of the rifle has been a mix of design elements specified by Thayne Simmons aka the”Red Panda” and some internal designs, processes and hardware developed by the factory.
There will be some modularity in the final release, mostly around swapping air cylinders. One configuration lends itself to bench while another has a shorter front profile suited to PRS.
I’ve been very impressed with the rifle’s performance. I only had one day to mount a scope, tune the rifle and sight in before competition, and one hour on the practice bench before the competition started-and in that hour I had to proof dope on 3 rifles. My scores were 219 and 217, putting me 5th in my heat. I’ll be shooting her again at PAC.
The RMAC podium finishes speak for themselves.
I’ll do my best to answer any questions I can.
I know it's a lot to ask...but will you guys be making an air rifle..with similar qualities..but lighter for us hunters? That would sell like water in the desert..Ijs

I know it's a lot to ask...but will you guys be making an air rifle..with similar qualities..but lighter for us hunters? That would sell like water in the desert..Ijs
Ita key characteristics that make it perform how it does make it heavy, remove weight, remove performance.

Red Panda= Red pilled...
redpanda.JPG

I have mixed feelings about it. I think it’s pretty awesome that Donny and Saber Tactical are building something new. And to give credit where it is due, it has been honestly mentioned that it’s built in China. I wish they were that straight forward on the rest of their products. You look at Donny and Saber and it’s easy to assume they are manufactured in the US. Too bad that isn’t the case. I’m not apposed to buying Chinese products, I’m just annoyed that it isn’t stated as such. Having said that, I’m interested in seeing the production rifle. I strongly doubt I’ll be making that purchase, but it will be interesting to see. Guess I’ve changed my mind on other products. Might find myself changing my opinion on Donny/Saber.

Reactions: MysticalDragon
I have mixed feelings about it. I think it’s pretty awesome that Donny and Saber Tactical are building something new. And to give credit where it is due, it has been honestly mentioned that it’s built in China. I wish they were that straight forward on the rest of their products. You look at Donny and Saber and it’s easy to assume they are manufactured in the US. Too bad that isn’t the case. I’m not apposed to buying Chinese products, I’m just annoyed that it isn’t stated as such. Having said that, I’m interested in seeing the production rifle. I strongly doubt I’ll be making that purchase, but it will be interesting to see. Guess I’ve changed my mind on other products. Might find myself changing my opinion on Donny/Saber.
This is my issue with it, the blatant deception. State where the stuff is made and sourced from. Don't say that its your design and assembled in the US but its made elsewhere and dont reveal that. I feel that way about everything, not just airgun stuff. Don't don the made in the usa hat if its not truly fully made there.

So many state that a donnyfl suppressor is the way to go. But hearing how they mislead where they are actually made or sourced from is making me shy away from them.

Reactions: Exodus and markT
This is my issue with it, the blatant deception. State where the stuff is made and sourced from. Don't say that its your design and assembled in the US but its made elsewhere and dont reveal that. I feel that way about everything, not just airgun stuff. Don't don the made in the usa hat if its not truly fully made there.

So many state that a donnyfl suppressor is the way to go. But hearing how they mislead where they are actually made or sourced from is making me shy away from them.
This is my issue with them too, for over a year I would not buy a donny product, I felt like I had been had so to speak so I boycotted them. After meeting and shooting with some of his employees at NAC, I got over it as they were some great guys. I have two donny mods now, one on my texan and one waiting to go on a custom prod build. Reason for the donnys in my collection? They seemed to do the best.

This is my issue with them too, for over a year I would not buy a donny product, I felt like I had been had so to speak so I boycotted them. After meeting and shooting with some of his employees at NAC, I got over it as they were some great guys. I have two donny mods now, one on my texan and one waiting to go on a custom prod build. Reason for the donnys in my collection? They seemed to do the best.
I'm actually waiting on my bullycyclone moderator to try.

Good to know they were good people. I just dislike the lack of transparency.

I still have a couple Donny suppressors and a Saber chassis on my Dreamline. But I’ve spent the money and made the swap to K&L everything on my Impacts. I felt kinda bamboozled with Saber, so I gotta go with my morals where I can. I’m very proud to help a guy that actually builds the stuff he sells. Can’t say that about a lot of companies. Most wouldn’t know which end to stick the aluminum stock in an CNC mill and where to keep from getting their fingers cut off. But the flip side is very few machinists are great at P.R. and merchandizing. And even fewer are masters at both.

Ita key characteristics that make it perform how it does make it heavy, remove weight, remove performance.
That's fine.. in any event. If the FPE is there....I guess ..I like many others will be dragging this around the woods🤣🤣🤣. Since when has weight or awkwardness stoppednus airgunners from dragging things through the woods? The Zeus is an excellent example of that....RED PANDA meet Rocky the Squirel, Alvin and his bros...and Wiley Coyote...

That's fine.. in any event. If the FPE is there....I guess ..I like many others will be dragging this around the woods🤣🤣🤣. Since when has weight or awkwardness stoppednus airgunners from dragging things through the woods? The Zeus is an excellent example of that....RED PANDA meet Rocky the Squirel, Alvin and his bros...and Wiley Coyote...
There are other rifles that would fair far better than this in the woods. There are lighter rifles out there that can make the same FPE , fatigue will make you miss a shot long before any of the other factors will. Just a thought, I understand what youre saying but I do believe airgunners are just some how drawn to the newest thing just because, with little reason behind it.

Reactions: Jibreal007
There are other rifles that would fair far better than this in the woods. There are lighter rifles out there that can make the same FPE , fatigue will make you miss a shot long before any of the other factors will. Just a thought, I understand what youre saying but I do believe airgunners are just some how drawn to the newest thing just because, with little reason behind it.
Thats true...there is alot of "FOMO" logic running around the airgun world....especially in America. We have almost everything made....and we are on a quest to get bigger, better...more exclusive ,and niche. Imagine showing up to a shoot with a trusty Marauder and everyone else has "airgun" snobbery on display. Now we have talking airguns🤣🤣🤣...most people dont need it...but damn it...FOMO...just to shoot Squirrels🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Thats true...there is alot of "FOMO" logic running around the airgun world....especially in America. We have almost everything made....and we are on a quest to get bigger, better...more exclusive ,and niche. Imagine showing up to a shoot with a trusty Marauder and everyone else has "airgun" snobbery on display. Now we have talking airguns🤣🤣🤣...most people dont need it...but damn it...FOMO...just to shoot Squirrels🤣🤣🤣
nailed it!

I don't know I had talking airguns for a long time, at least I thought I did :D

I don't know I had talking airguns for a long time, at least I thought I did :D
Nah...that just the Demons in the airguns that addict us. They latch on to our souls..and then implore us to purchase their bretheren...til they are LEGION....and then we buy some more...because....Um I have to go...Avenge X is calling me...all kinds of names for not buying him...so master calls....

• Haha
Reactions: FuegoMarty