Unfortunately I need tips on selling

Found out this week the landowner behind my home sold his property out to a builder. They came door to door and showed us the plans for the new home development that is going in. So I have now lost my backyard range which is why I bought my air rifle to begin with. I wanted to get back into shooting and I didn't want the hassle of packing everything up and traveling every time I wanted to pull the trigger. Like most people my job takes up a lot of my time, so convenience is everything. I have no intentions on moving at this time and If I ever do it will be because either my wife or I need to for career opportunities. I still have a place to shoot but when I go there I can use my powder burners so for me. It's a case of what's the point? So with all that said what should I look out for while selling the FX Impact M3 it is an expensive air rifle and a lot of money to lose if I screw it up. I probably will post it in the classifieds on this website and while I am off work, I would prefer to just hand deliver it then ship it through the mail as long as the buyer is within 500 miles of me.
So really the questions are.

1. What problems have you all had when selling
2. How do you spot the scammers
3. How hard was it to ship the rifle
4. What was the cost of shipping per different distances
5. How did you come up with the sale price of the rifle

Thanks in advance and no need to comment on what I could do to keep it I already decided it's not worth it for me.
always require a signature confirmation!

1. What problems have you all had when selling
Not too many issues depending on make, model, and popularity

2. How do you spot the scammers
Ususally it's Not selling that you have to worry about scammer, but Always do your part by looking the buyer up, verifying by a phone conversation, this will get you a feel for what the potnetial buyer is wanting and is like as a buyer

3. How hard was it to ship the rifle
Ship through UPS only, FedEx and USPS are a pita. Use some sort of shipping label provider online(pirate ship, shipstation, stamps.com, etc. Or even UPS site itself. Pay the extra $8.00 for UPS to Pick it up and it's hassle free. If the sales price is over a certain dollar amount UPS will have you print a form for the driver to sign and date at time of pickup

4. What was the cost of shipping per different distances
Cost through UPS will vary depending on box size and distance, it usually averages between 35.00- 60.00 within the lower 48 with insurance

5. How did you come up with the sale price of the rifle
This is a tough one. On this forum, depending on the gun, the best you can hope for is 75% of what you paid for it.
Do Not be afraid of eBay, you get a Lot of exposure of your listing, you will normally make more money on the sale eevn after their 10% of sales price fee because you can list the gun at a higher price than on a forum.

Start with you lowest amount you have in mind and add 13.5% for a starting point of the listing, that 13.5% will cover the eBay fee's and financial fee's associated with the final sale.
Always give the option of a Best Offer, this makes the buyer fell like they are getting a deal.

I have sold Many more guns on Ebay over Any of the forums and to date I have had absolutley Zero issues...

Just make damn sure you are VERY clear in your description of what you are listing on any, and all places you decide to list it, there are scumbags out there just waiting for a slip up , looking for mistakes in listings.. They make a living out doing so......douchebags......
Very Well Thought out response Thank you for the feedback

Every airgun I have ever sold was here on AGN, 10 I think. When I post an airgun it’s because I have found something I cannot live without. I check prices on AGN and the web and usely go a bit lower so I move the gun. The loss… I chalk it up to education and the joy I had when it came into my possession. My mission was to find the rifle that checked every box and after all that “education and joy” I think I got there. YMMV
I look at ownership of everything as rent. I buy it new have it for a while then sell it. Whatever the difference is I consider that as my rent for the experience.

What caliber, and how much? Not sure what kind of distance you have in your back yard, but I'd just keep shooting. Build you a little back stop, doesn't take much to stop an airgun pellet. You may can even trade it in to Utah airguns and get you a scope, or FX chronograph for your pb.
It's the FX Impact M3 .25cal 600mm barrel. I put the Saber Tactical Arca 3 Swiss Rail on it which is the only change I made to the Rifle. I got all the other stuff I need so trading in isn't a real option for me. Thanks for the feedback though.

Thank you so much. Your one of very few that actually read the post and understood what I said. Hats off to you
(y) Best of luck to you. I figured you didn't need guys busting your chops trying to convince you to not sell after specifically ASKING people to NOT do it!
Hope you can unload your stuff quickly & safely. I can tell this is a bit stressful & worrisome for you but I think you'll do fine. When in doubt, ask the forum.

It's the FX Impact M3 .25cal 600mm barrel. I put the Saber Tactical Arca 3 Swiss Rail on it which is the only change I made to the Rifle. I got all the other stuff I need so trading in isn't a real option for me. Thanks for the feedback though.
Bummer I was hoping for .177

Compressor, air tank or leftover pellets if you can't shoot airguns are you selling everything?

I would build a good backstop. And plant a privacy fast growing hedge of some kind to block the view of the new construction. Do you have neighbors on either side of you? Have they ever complained? Then keep on shooting.
Technically I am inside city limits that argument could be made back and forth all day. Which wasn't a problem till now once they start cutting the ground in the next two weeks they plan on moving the city limits boundary then that argument is over. In most states the same law applies to airguns as do powder burners. I do have neighbors on both sides of me and no they never complained nor have they ever seen me, but now I will have 30 new ones right off my back yard which is only 35 yards to begin with. Was 35 yards then way off into the woods but even with a backstop, Hedges etc. that will not make up for the difference in the height of the terrain.
Bummer I was hoping for .177

Compressor, air tank or leftover pellets if you can't shoot airguns are you selling everything?
I'm going to sell everything after I sell the rifle unless I decide to do a package deal. I have the air venturi rovair air compressor, and also a hand pump which I think is the air venturi Mark 5 I have to look, Odb Tactical Moderator and about 750 H@N Barracuda pellets. I had some of those when I got the rifle. The first one I had was the air venturi avenger which was fine but I really wanted the nicer rifle. I sold that locally to a friend and then bought the impact. I never adjusted anything on the rifle because I never had to was going to shoot up the Barracuda rounds then switch to the JSB's but the rifle loved them so much I never bothered trying to tune. Chronograph was showing a 8 fps spread and for only shooting a max of 50 yards its groups were close enough. The only thing that outshoots it in my house as is would be my 17hmr. The only thing that's on the rifle that's not being sold is the scope and scope mount. Which isn't nothing special I just don't want to sell it because I know what I am going to use it for already. Luckily for me I still have the original box it was shipped to me in and of course the hard case it comes with. Also I bought one extra magazine so it has two it only shipped to me new with one. So yeah I am a little reserved to sell it for the lose but it's for the best. I have back issues so being a bench shooter isn't going to work for me. I will be having surgery soon but after that I know it's not a good idea to be doing that again. I'm better off with my other hobbies if all that makes sense

Read a post having no luck selling here. Thats because they asked too much as most people do. Seems m3 hit here for 1800 and don’t sell. I’m going to say 16-1700. People will bid stupidly on ebay but their fees take the luxury of the high selling price away.

Example of eBay dummies

Last edited:
Reactions: nastorino and Ruzz
Read a post having no luck selling here. Thats because they asked too much as most people do. Seems m3 hit here for 1800 and don’t sell. I’m going to say 16-1700. People will bid stupidly on ebay but their fees take the luxury of the high selling price away.

Example of eBay dummies

Yep, ebay will take around 14% for their fees. I sell on there as a last resort. Lately I've had so many low ballers here on stuff I put it on ebay to open up a broader customer base. I already list things cheap enough and to get low balled on that and include the shipping is just flat out rude.

Reactions: Trucker3573

Example of eBay dummies

I stopped using ebay once they started sending me a 1099 for taxes which isn't a huge problem because I am selling at a lose but thats another form I have to fill out and pay for so I no longer use them.

Only way to go!

I went in one day to ship an air rifle and the pink haired "girl" behind the counter grilled me like an interrogation about what was in the box.

I told her sporting goods. She asked what kind of sporting goods. I told her, the kind for sports. Lol. She looked me dead in the eye and asked all snide "WHAT kind of sporting goods?"

I held my tongue, and said "golf clubs " since the box was so long. Her excuse for the inquisition was "I need to know for insurance purposes".

Friggin libtard gestapo.
I would plant a wall of something like Italian cypress trees and continue to shoot.

Example of eBay dummies

I want to put it at that price but didn't because of the accessories I did take the advice of 75% of what I paid new on everything. I tried to hint as hard as I could that one of those things is a 0DB Tactical Moderator that costs $239 I know people seem to love Donny FL but all the research I seen they are all about the same and 0DB beat Donny in most test I seen. (by like a whole decibel I know big deal right lol) now that doesn't mean this year's model from all the different moderators out there if that's still the case, but I have no use for it if I don't have the rifle and this site will not let you sell them anymore. I think I have spent more on this air rifle by itself then any other gun I own and I have some pretty nice guns. Now you have had a really thought-out response and sound like you have watched the classifieds here for a while. So I will ask you this, Should I keep the price as I have it posted, or should I take the accessories off and sell them individually? I would rather not part it out I am sure there is someone who wants this setup because not everyone is a bench shooter. I do really believe most people buy the Impact because of the look and ability to tinker.

I want to put it at that price but didn't because of the accessories I did take the advice of 75% of what I paid new on everything. I tried to hint as hard as I could that one of those things is a 0DB Tactical Moderator that costs $239 I know people seem to love Donny FL but all the research I seen they are all about the same and 0DB beat Donny in most test I seen. (by like a whole decibel I know big deal right lol) now that doesn't mean this year's model from all the different moderators out there if that's still the case, but I have no use for it if I don't have the rifle and this site will not let you sell them anymore. I think I have spent more on this air rifle by itself then any other gun I own and I have some pretty nice guns. Now you have had a really thought-out response and sound like you have watched the classifieds here for a while. So I will ask you this, Should I keep the price as I have it posted, or should I take the accessories off and sell them individually? I would rather not part it out I am sure there is someone who wants this setup because not everyone is a bench shooter. I do really believe most people buy the Impact because of the look and ability to tinker.
I’d sell the gun with the moderator and part the rest out if you are selling it here

I would part it out. Also I have found this to be true nearly always….when the seller starts listing the new price of everything included I already know they will be asking way too much. Accessories up the value of a used gun much less than most think.

Reactions: Ruzz