Unexpected visitor

An interesting day today. A honeybee in the front room ) carefully caught and released outside. A hornet in the dining room (dispatched without fear of recrimination) and this beautiful idiot in the utility room sitting on a shelf and staring at the fridge. I am clueless as to how it got in. Oh well, dove pie for dinner (not).

IMG_2394.jpeg

Ah, being Floridian you are probably not familiar with the ambrosia that us Brits refer to as ‘Marmite’. It is an extremely salty yeast extract for spreading on hot buttered toast and making you feel like you are five years old and in your mother’s kitchen. The Australians have Vegemite which is an antipodean attempt on the proper thing.

Bees make honey.
Wasps make Marmite
Hornets can just feel my wrath.

Ah, being Floridian you are probably not familiar with the ambrosia that us Brits refer to as ‘Marmite’. It is an extremely salty yeast extract for spreading on hot buttered toast and making you feel like you are five years old and in your mother’s kitchen. The Australians have Vegemite which is an antipodean attempt on the proper thing.

Bees make honey.
Wasps make Marmite
Hornets can just feel my wrath.
haha,nice.

Fact about North America is the european hornet is the only hornet here, introduced as far back as 1840. Everything else here is an angry wasp. I have a lot of knowledge from watching the crazy Wasp King on Youtube.

They found a nest of Asian Giant Hornets here in Washington State. The Giant hornets multiply at an alarming rate. A usual bee's nest will have one queen, The Giant Hornets nest can have hundreds. These Giant Hornets are going to be a problem. We are already overrun in the fall by Asian Stink Bugs, They do a lot of crop damage. Bill

Reactions: EncoreUneFois
An interesting day today. A honeybee in the front room ) carefully caught and released outside. A hornet in the dining room (dispatched without fear of recrimination) and this beautiful idiot in the utility room sitting on a shelf and staring at the fridge. I am clueless as to how it got in. Oh well, dove pie for dinner (not).

View attachment 386652

Do you have native white doves in your area. Looks like a pet or an aviary bred bird.
Gary