Umarex Unexpected Happy Ending with Notos

Nooo.... not that kind of a happy ending.
So I had originally threw a cheapie scope on my Firewalker bottle conversion Notos and was happy with it. I then ordered a Carm magazine and went to pop it in and... mounts too low. With all the airgun related crap laying around here, I did not have a set of high 30mm pic rings. Go figure.

So I thought I'd throw on a red dot. This dot is from AT3, inexpensive, but I like them. Not a Holosun, but not bad! A recent Leishy shooting session with a buddy was probably my fist experience with a red dot on a carbine airgun. For whatever reason, I'd always discounted them. I liked it... so gave this a go and sighted in. Originally, my plan for this gun was 30 yards and under chipmunk removal, but I was successfully banging targets out to the 60 yard mark from a rest. Practical accuracy at 30 yards was just as good as with a scope. Might leave it, or may invest in a better red dot. Really like the chevrons so may look for one of those.

Hope all has a Merry Christmas
Notos Red Dot.jpg

Very quick target acquisition at 30yards and under with both eyes open for a better field of view and situational awareness lol. I like it (y)
I agree and now that I have glasses it might work even better for me, lol.
I have both eyes open whenever I shoot but it's definitely easier when both eyes are seeing the same magnification like with my red dot.

Well..... it didnt stay in that configuration long. Seems I cant use a red dot without wondering how much better an LPVO will be. Had originally put a Blackhound LPVO on it and just wasnt happy with the clarity at shorter ranges. Swapped out to a cheapie Monstrum LPVO and it is plenty clear at shorter ranges so will probably keep that on it for a while!

• Haha
Reactions: swNCsw
Well..... it didnt stay in that configuration long. Seems I cant use a red dot without wondering how much better an LPVO will be. Had originally put a Blackhound LPVO on it and just wasnt happy with the clarity at shorter ranges. Swapped out to a cheapie Monstrum LPVO and it is plenty clear at shorter ranges so will probably keep that on it for a while!
I completely understand getting the red dot off. Lol