Undecided newbie looking for thoughts, opinions or advice

Hello from AZ and thanks for checking out my post here! 

I've never owned a PCP but have been researching and thinking about them for long enough and I'm ready to buy but having a hard time deciding which one!

I'm new to PCP's but I've been shooting springers, pumps and powder burners my whole life so I'm not new to the basics. I'm primarily wanting a PCP for hunting but also for backyard target and pests. I have a Rock squirrel and coyote problem and my current .22 cal springer isn't accurate enough for either critter. I have a neighbor that feeds the squirrels and loves the damn things but then they come on my property chewing wires on our trucks so they gotta go! I've killed some with the springer when I get a head shot but it's so inconsistent I've had just as many wounded and running back to the neighbors! So that's 1 reason why I need something more accurate and quiet so the neighbor doesn't find dead squirrels or hear me mucking them out on my side of the fence. I also have coyotes constantly taunting my dogs along the property fence and spooking our horses. There's so many that it's almost a daily occurrence and I shoot at them 2-3 times a week with the springer but when I connect they just spin around a few times and run off. 

So, with that said you now have some idea of my situation and what I'm wanting to accomplish. I've narrowed it down to 3 guns and I think by now I've watched every Youtube review made on these guns and have spent a ton of time recently on this site but still can't decide which one to get, I want them all! My main points were accuracy, higher shot count and quiet. I'll list my choices below, please let me know if you have any thoughts, ideas or advice that would be helpful in my situation and thank you in advance! 

- FX Maverick Sniper/ .25

- RTI Prophet Performance kit/ .25

- Edgun Leshey 2, 350mm w/ bigger tank/ .25 

Thanks theLBC, the noise levels of the 3 guns I've listed is really something I don't have any knowledge of. Even after watching some of the comparison videos it seems like there can be so many variations between calibers and between the different types of moderators available for each gun I still don't really know which would be quieter.

Thanks elh0102, Yep, definitely different and I've thought a lot about just getting the bigger caliber to actually kill the coyotes but curious how much louder is the .30 cal? I was thinking .25 cal would be a happy medium, better FPE than the .22 and higher shot count along with maybe quieter than the .30cal... but I could certainly be wrong in that thinking.? 

Of your three that you list - 

I'd say that it pretty much a toss-up between the Maverick and the RTI. I own a copy of both.

The RTI has less locations for an air leak (fewer o-rings). The Maverick "may be" a little tougher for walking the hunting grounds if dropped. Plus the air cylinder has a "little" protection under it.

I don't own or have never shot the Leshey. Seems a bit expensive for the end product. Seems like it's a little more prone to problems if dropped in the dirt than the other two. And NO one is immune to accidents!

That's my nickel's worth.

Mike

I would get m3 30 cal you'll like it after you learn the knobs. Has good power for coyotes I think. Latest string with 55 gr slug and first reg delete. 
20211231_160912.1640998600.jpg

You seem to have some some irreconcilable issues. If you want something so quiet that your neighbors are guaranteed not to hear it, that might not be realistic. And if you need something sufficiently powerful for humane kills on coyotes, that just exacerbates the problem. My suggestion, talk to your neighbors about what you're doing, don't rely on being totally invisible. 

Of your three that you list - 

I'd say that it pretty much a toss-up between the Maverick and the RTI. I own a copy of both.

The RTI has less locations for an air leak (fewer o-rings). The Maverick "may be" a little tougher for walking the hunting grounds if dropped. Plus the air cylinder has a "little" protection under it.

I don't own or have never shot the Leshey. Seems a bit expensive for the end product. Seems like it's a little more prone to problems if dropped in the dirt than the other two. And NO one is immune to accidents!

That's my nickel's worth.

Mike

Thanks Mike, For a long time I was dead set on getting the Leshey and if they were in stock back then I would already have one but since then I've learned more about the RTI and the FX and like those just as much and the models I picked would be cheaper for sure! I had not thought about the durability of them, thanks for the insight on that!

You will need a reliable source of air to fill a PcP.

Going to use a lot of air.

Bigger the caliber the better. May have a chance that the squirrel runs off to the neighbor's yard with a less than perfect shot from a 22. A 30 caliber is likely to make them deader in one shot. 

Coyote need some power to humanely dispatch again 30 caliber.

Bigger the hole more traumatic the shock.

Probably going to run a bit after the hit.

If you need it quiet get a rather big can at the end of a high power 30 caliber.

You could trap the squirrels and do the deed a way from the neighbor. Spring gun at close range shot in to the trap no problem.

Coyote trap may be worth considering too.

Fish and game or animal control may be of use via phone call. Your tax dollars paying for them.

You seem to have some some irreconcilable issues. If you want something so quiet that your neighbors are guaranteed not to hear it, that might not be realistic. And if you need something sufficiently powerful for humane kills on coyotes, that just exacerbates the problem. My suggestion, talk to your neighbors about what you're doing, don't rely on being totally invisible. 

Yep, it's a tuff situation between the different objectives. I've thought about talking to them about the squirrels but thru prior conversations I've had with them I know it wouldn't go well, they love em'! They would have no problem with me shooting the coyotes because it helps out their beloved fluffy friends! I could just tell them I'll be shooting targets daily to practice for the coyotes.... and just leave out the part about the targets having a heartbeat and a taste for automotive wiring!

You will need a reliable source of air to fill a PcP.

Going to use a lot of air.

Bigger the caliber the better. May have a chance that the squirrel runs off to the neighbor's yard with a less than perfect shot from a 22. A 30 caliber is likely to make them deader in one shot. 

Coyote need some power to humanely dispatch again 30 caliber.

Bigger the hole more traumatic the shock.

Probably going to run a bit after the hit.

If you need it quiet get a rather big can at the end of a high power 30 caliber.

You could trap the squirrels and do the deed a way from the neighbor. Spring gun at close range shot in to the trap no problem.

Coyote trap may be worth considering too.

Fish and game or animal control may be of use via phone call. Your tax dollars paying for them.

Thanks! Yep a tank and a compressor on the list to get as well. Was going to check and see if I have any places close by to fill a tank and forego the compressor for now tho but haven't really looked into those items yet.

I've bought several cage traps for the squirrels but all were a waste of money, those suckers are smart and I never caught a single one!

All good points you make about the larger caliber! Thanks!

Yep, it's a tuff situation between the different objectives. I've thought about talking to them about the squirrels but thru prior conversations I've had with them I know it wouldn't go well, they love em'! They would have no problem with me shooting the coyotes because it helps out their beloved fluffy friends! I could just tell them I'll be shooting targets daily to practice for the coyotes.... and just leave out the part about the targets having a heartbeat and a taste for automotive wiring!

Sounds like a reasonable plan.

I've had 3 .25s. I'd use one on a coyote. They kill squirrels just fine. Make sure you have a good backstop. My Cricket will kick gravel with authority after penetrating a 2X4. BTW the Cricket is super quiet. The impact of the pellet is much louder than the report. Not one of your 3 but I like mine. I do like the idea of getting a Prophet. I do wish my Cricket hat the lever up by the trigger. The cricket is a quiet, accurate tank of an airgun.

Since you live in Arizona, I would make it a point to go visit Airguns of Arizona. I would go in looking for something at least .25 caliber and able to generate no less than 50 FPE since you have a coyote issue. I would keep an open mind while there and look at several different rifles. I would also check out the Uragan, Taipan Veteran, Vulcan 3, and a Cricket Tactical. See which one of them fits you the best and go from there. You definitely aren’t going to go wrong with any of the ones you were looking at and the rifles I mentioned. Good luck with your search and be sure to ask if you have any more questions. There are many knowledgeable and helpful people here on Airgun Nation glad to assist.

I would also talk to your neighbor....and it could save you money......because you could use a pellet rifle on the squirrels and a powder burner on the Coyotes.

Ok then I would pick the RTI.....in .25 or .30

Thanks for the reply, Ya one of my options was to apply for another suppressor and set up a .22LR and keep it by the door just for the coyotes. Problem with that is I'd be limited on the direction I would feel comfortable shooting a powder burner on my property due to other houses in the distance and that is why I really haven't done that yet. 

Since you live in Arizona, I would make it a point to go visit Airguns of Arizona. I would go in looking for something at least .25 caliber and able to generate no less than 50 FPE since you have a coyote issue. I would keep an open mind while there and look at several different rifles. I would also check out the Uragan, Taipan Veteran, Vulcan 3, and a Cricket Tactical. See which one of them fits you the best and go from there. You definitely aren’t going to go wrong with any of the ones you were looking at and the rifles I mentioned. Good luck with your search and be sure to ask if you have any more questions. There are many knowledgeable and helpful people here on Airgun Nation glad to assist.

Thanks Cannonball, just in my short time here it's already evident there are a bunch of good folks here willing to help! I have not been inside AOA yet but I will likely buy my gun from them, I don't live too far from their store. My gun picks are solely off research and reviews, I have never held one which is kinda scary. I will go in there before I buy and try to get my hands on some other guns first. I liked the Uragan and the Cricket, I don't remember the others but will look them up! Thanks!