• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Unconventional Vids Reviewing My New Ataman AP16 (Biohazard Ed.) PCP Air Pistol

So on my newer Ataman AP16 Compact pistol, maybe not so much of a review but instead more like a 1st, and 2nd. look vids, and then my last vid making a display case for it. Also, not really any such thing as a 'Biohazard Ed.' but I like to call it that after adding some old 1911 custom grips I had from an old 10mm 1911 firearm build I no longer own. Plus I have some fun in the vids justifying the purchase as needed to hunt down toxic stuff left over from cooviid 2020, like "toxic biohazard eggs' and the like. So try to forgive my over use of the words "biohazard and toxic" as I got a bit obsessive, but was only having fun with the simple mods I chose to personalize it.

Suffice it to say this little power house (relative size to power anyway) of an air pistol actually surprised me from the standpoint of how much I would actually enjoy it. I mean I actually enjoy all my airguns but usually they each have different features I like more on this one than that, and vice versa. This Ataman however, I can't say there is anything I don't like about it. Okay, yeah maybe the price is stupid high, and it comes with only one magazine, no fill port plug yada yada, but that's not anything to do with the actual pistol itself. It's very high quality built, looks great, feels great, points great, shoots unbelievably accurately, has a perfect trigger, and (standard cut) 1911 grips fit and look great on it. I was sure I would like it a lot, but I'm actually loving it more each time I handle and shoot it. I like it so much, I made a pretty nice display case for it using an old (35 years or so) stainless steel sheet metal hinged and latched/lockable case I made myself back in my precision metal working days. I stuck with the whole Biohazard theme with a inner nameplate and outer symbol sticker as it's working out well for my particular pistol, and it's more than worthy of being a true toxic blaster. Whatever that would actually be..lol

I plan to make another vid in the near future with chronograph testing, accuracy with different pellets and longer distance shooting than 10 yards, but I'm really confident it'll not disappoint in anyway. I also have to try/test out a new DonnyFL Tanto moderator I have for it as well.

But until then check out the vids below for some fun footage of my experience with this AP16 pcp air pistol.

* My 1st. look and test shooting: 

https://youtu.be/NujTqQRcUdU

** My 2nd. look and hunting toxic eggs: 

https://youtu.be/quAiKfE1J_I

*** My latest picture gallery vid of making a display case for it: 

https://youtu.be/Q5M68LIYUmA

Some fun pics...

Ataman_AP16_448.1618898327.jpg

AP16_2nd_mods03.1618898606.jpg

AP16_BioHaz_Display_764.1618898407.jpg

I finally took some time today and ran some different pellets over the chronograph. I got close to 14 fpe with the 18 grain, but also pulled a whoppin 733 fps with 9.57 lead free pellets.

RWS Hobby 11.9 gr. Avg. *FPS @ 671 - **FPE @ 11.9

Predator Polymag Shorts 15.89 gr.  Avg. *FPS @ 600 - **FPE @ 12.71

Air Arms Field Heavy 18 gr. Avg. *FPS @ 586 - **FPE @ 13.73

H&N Sport Trophy Green LF 9.57 gr. Avg. *FPS @ 7.33 - **FPE @ 11.42