• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Unclean kill shots…😞

I went out last Wed, strong wind from the North, I'd just did a 50 yard sight in, JSAR Raptor .25 with AEA Center Punch 33.9, , saw a Ground Squirrel on a fence rail, went over and got braced on a garbage bin, it was turning around so it 's back was to me, I was shooting 90º to the wind so a small compensation to the right, let it go and a SOLID THUNK, went over to grab it and.....it was gone, Darn things are wearing body armor, I swear they are.

Reactions: L.Leon
Yeah bad shots are the worst. Had to chase a starling down that I clipped at 25-30y barefoot in my backyard to dispatch him. I was batting 1000 all week with my .20 Sheridan Blue Streak, getting most them at 40-50y and sniping their scouts from the top of my walnut trees. Fortunately caught up to him and dispatched him.

Clipped another one with my power tuned Leshiy .25 with a JSB Heavy, and I ran after him and missed from 10y. That disappeared in the brush afterwards.

The only PCP I have that puts them and the squirrels down 100% of the time on the first shot is my .30 Maverick.

While the higher percentage of shots I take on small critters are DRT kills. There are days like today. After a seriously contentious day at work. I bagged three starlings, the first? A DRT lightning strike. The next? A solid thwack, but it glided until it crashed into the side of my barn. The third took two! Shots! And while they where still coming in to the suet cakes I backed off because I clearly was off my game.
Starlings are tough little birds,