Unbiased review of the new Vector Optics Continental 5-30x56FFP scope!

https://youtu.be/s_7TRKwcHiE

I have been waiting for an unbiased review of the new Vector Optics 34mm Continental 5-30x56FFP scope that recently came out a couple of months ago. This is a brand new scope so do not confuse it with their SFP Continental and other scopes as this is a brand new design. This scope comes with rings/mounts/lens cover, is 34mm, 1/10th mil, zero stop, constant 4" eye relief, edge to edge image, nitrogen filled, IPX6 waterproof, German Schott glass, 6 levels of illumination, 10 yard parallax, 30x, FFP, objective lens 56mm, and not too heavy at 28.6 oz!

As an air gun shooter I wanted the following:

* a scope that can parallax down to 10 yards

* Fixed Focal Plane

* 34mm

* high magnification of 30x

* illuminated

* good reticle

* good quality glass

* non mushy turrets that click

I searched all over and what I found was mainly some very low priced lower quality scopes and very expensive scopes that were $1500 and higher, with really not many in the middle. I wanted a quality scope and wanted to spend up to $1000. Also having spending months searching and reading forums, another thing I find is that many of the Youtube videos on scopes are not truly unbiased reviews but product promotions done by people being paid thousands of dollars which then creates very biased reviews. The other thing I have seen is that there are people in the forums whom are similar as they are really promoting a scope that they have some financial incentive to promote. That is why I have been watching all of the reviews from Joe Rhea, aka "Cyclops" as he is NOT paid by sponsors and gives no BS honest feedback and reviews. He will tell you if the scope is not good and all the real details in simple terms with great videos showing what he experienced in the field using it on the range. 

This scope sells for $801 at Optics Planet. I am purchasing this scope as I finally found a scope that has everything I am looking for at a very reasonable price. For this price I believe this is a great scope that competes with scopes selling for $1000 and higher. Sure there are other long range scopes with similar specifications but almost all of those cannot parallax to 10 yards. Great review and I think this is a scope that many will find perfect for air gun target and hunting as well as for general fire arms as well.

There's a really huge difference in price compared to their 30mm version. Its more than double the price FYI...

If it were me I would just buy both and return the one I don't think has enough value and satisfaction for the money plain and simple. I would first start comparing both at 30x side by side and if none are bright and crystal clear at 30x I would return both.

Reactions: MP44
There's a really huge difference in price compared to their 30mm version. Its more than double the price FYI...

If it were me I would just buy both and return the one I don't think has enough value and satisfaction for the money plain and simple. I would first start comparing both at 30x side by side and if none are bright and crystal clear at 30x I would return both.

Not everyone wants to buy a low price scope, Odoyle, or should I say "Yo"? I know you promote a couple of scopes big time but they are lower dollars scopes in the sub $300 and I want a more mid priced and willing to pay for that extra features. 

I trust Joe Rhea, if it was just at the same level as their lower level models he would have said so especially when he has reviewed a number of their lower end models. He had great things to say about a couple of them and slammed one for having some quality issues. As he said this is one heck of a scope and it provides the features and performance of other scopes that are over $1000 and for $801 it is a quality scope at a good value. I have searched for months and nothing really compares unless you spend a huge amount more or go down the the low price category which is fine for some.

Vector Optics is a quality Chinese manufacturer making their own scopes and they clearly can make more just than budget scopes as this mid-range scope has had a good test from Joe no BS Rhea. I already spoke to one person I know here on the forums and he likes this scope. I just wanted a true unbiased person to do a true review so I am now getting this scope and have no concerns after seeing Joe's review. 👍

Joe Rhea provides the best no BS reviews. 

Many of the other people on Youtube get paid and they are really doing a promo video. It is worst actually on forums as people are incognito. When one does not reveal their identity it is easy for them to hide if they are getting sponsorship money , a kickback, or worse are affiliated with the scope company in some way. To me there are a few honest people like Joe whom do reviews and those provide the best help in making a decision. 

I would trust Joes word.

But on MY budget I would consider the Taurus (30mm) version.

both these views are valid.

if you buy, please give a update on your feelings for it after a time,

thanks.

The Vector Taurus is like one of the better than average Discovery series optics but not as bright and I already have the Taurus it's SO-SO not a WOW factor and expect 1000% better if I pay $800 for the Continental. The freak of nature Discovery FFP HD 4-20x50 whoops the Taurus silly BTW but the Taurus whoops the 34mm Discovery HD 5-30x56 go figure...

I am going to definitely expect it to be brighter and clearer than the $200 5-25x50 Barra HERO FT.

Matter of fact I expect all scopes costing more than $200 to be brighter and clearer than the Barra. It should be the starting point based on price.

So how much better is this than it's 30mm sibling, aprt from 4mm more adjustment?

I happen to own the 30 mm sibling and in all honestly: I would not buy it again. This things is also supposedly made with ''Schott glass'', it is however not even close to my European scopes. Wobbly turrets and magnification ring with play. Clarity is worse than my sub $300 Bushnell / Burris scopes. Battery life is short. I fell for the hype and regret it, I did not get the bargain I was hoping for.

For 200 USD more than 34mm and you right at some higher end Japanese scopes (Sighttron for example). For a little more than that and you can buy a real European scope.

Is this thing really that good?

Buy it since its got Joe Wayne Rhea Cyclops reputation and approval on it then post a review on your own here since you own other scopes to compare it too and you are actually buying it with your own hard earned money.

If you have nothing else to compare it to then it would probably be the nicest scope you have ever owned.

I personally can't do a review on any scope because I'm probably not a believable enough person.

So how much better is this than it's 30mm sibling, aprt from 4mm more adjustment?

I happen to own the 30 mm sibling and in all honestly: I would not buy it again. This things is also supposedly made with ''Schott glass'', it is however not even close to my European scopes. Wobbly turrets and magnification ring with play. Clarity is worse than my sub $300 Bushnell / Burris scopes. Battery life is short. I fell for the hype and regret it, I did not get the bargain I was hoping for.

For 200 USD more than 34mm and you right at some higher end Japanese scopes (Sighttron for example). For a little more than that and you can buy a real European scope.

Buy the Japan Barra Hero FT that retails for $999.99 (but pay under $400 for it) and better than the SWFA SS if you want comparable glass as the Sightron SIIIs for a lot cheaper. Price for the Barra went up so it's running at around 1/3 the price of the Sightron SIII. Or if you want better than that Continental 30mm you have the Alpha6 probably smoke it. You be surprised.

That is totally incorrect. The older Continental scopes are totally different and are a lower quality than the 34mm. First of all all of the other Continental lines are SFP NOT FFP and NONE of them claim German Schott glass, the only one that does is the newly released Continental 34mm line. Vector Optics should have used a different name as this new line is a major difference compared to their older Continental.

Again, the new 34mm Continental is a quality scope, with good no BS review from Cyclops. I would not buy your Alpha 6 or Barra as those are both SFP. More people want FFP and as a result scope companies are lowering the price on their SFP and more obscure less know brands like Alpha 6, & Barra are even lower. Yo or Odoyle, etc. must have skin in the game as you keep pushing those two scopes and then say everything else is junk unless you buy something more like $1500 or higher. I trust people like Joe Rhea whom does not hide behind an anonymous user name whom is not paid by sponsors and just is a no BS gun lover whom knows a lot about scopes. 

Again, my desires are FFP and that alone makes those two scopes not even a consideration.

Thanks for the NEGATIVE GREEN BALL REGARDING THIS THREAD!!! SEE MY ACCURACY THANKS FOR THAT!!!

Ask JOE PUBLICLY IF HE BUYS THE SCOPES HE REVIEWS WITH HIS OWN MONEY.

You go read the reviews from the owners of those Barra and Alpha6 scopes I recommend and count how many NO BS feedback posted. See how many views and likes. IS EVERYONE BS? These are actual users of the scopes. They are so happy they are buying their second and third already. What does that say?

BTW- Vector has claimed to have been using so called German Schott glass in some of their scopes for years now FYI...

Please do your homework before making such claims...

Reactions: Batman2
Does Joe offer to buy the scopes from everyone unhappy with them based on his raving bad ass reviews?

Now why on earth would I offer to buy the scopes is they are unhappy with my recommendations? If you really think I have a stake in them... Why do you think I want everyone to buy them as cheap as possible if I really had a stake wouldn't that negatively affect my bottom line? I would rather hook everyone up with all FREE DEALS if I Could find them. The less everyone pays the more content I am...

That goes for everything and not only the scopes I recommend. OH BTW I recommended Leupold on sale recently so do I own Leupold too LoL!