Umm... RWS 34 OR RWS 350 MAGNUM !?!?!?

What caliber are you looking for? I have the 350 in 177, it's not an easy gun but i love it for the power and it is very accurate, but it takes time to learn how to handle it, i shoot all my guns from a triggerstick, but the Diana didn't like it, or should i say i didn't know how to do it right, so i shot it from a bench and a sandbag, and she is super sensitive about how you pull the trigger, you have to squeeeeeze it very gently, now after i have shot it some more i can shoot it from a triggerstick and keep the group under a inch at 50 meters, i have not shot with a 34, but i think it's easier to handle from what i have read and seen, and the 350 might be easier in 22 cal also...
1541521121_13989997755be1bee1143a93.09777365_DSC_1080.jpeg

No first hand experience with either, but I do own several full size HW and AA spring guns.

The RWS34 is very widely owned and reports from owners are almost universally positive. Is it also one of the better bargains available in the world of German springers. With springers, extra power often comes at the price of lost accuracy and a harsher shot cycle and that trade off is occasionally mentioned with the 350.

IMHO power is over-rated with springers and I’d favor the RWS34.

Good luck

R

I've owned a .177 350 Mag. for 12 years now. Two yrs ago,I added a Vortek kit. It's very accurate...and long. I also have a friend who owns the same rifle in .22 If I had to do it over,I'd get the .22 I Love shooting his and it seems easier to shoot. Both use the T05 trigger...which is a Very nice unit.

I also own a Diana 34 in .177 and while it's kinda plain,it now cocks smooth as glass and shoots excellent. Bone stock,btw.

Sooo...there Ya have it. Not much help ,LMAO!

Mike.

I bought one of the 34's in .22 on sale from Cabelas two months ago. Still available at $229.00...a VG deal. The cheap 4X it comes with is junk, broke under 200 shots. Not warranted. You would want a better scope anyway. I went through way too many scope failures on this gun and another 34 in .22 I own. Now have a Vortex 4-12X Crossfire II on the new one that so far at 700 shots is doing good. It's warranted for life so no worries. The supplied one piece mount is excellent. Gun with scope weighs 9 pounds. I am very happy with the accuracy. 

I have plenty of experience with both. Absolutely do no get the 350. Get the 34. I spent plenty of time and money swapping out springs, spring kits, etc. and it will never shoot as good as a 34. The stroke is just too long on the 350. I actually like the size and stock of the 350 better but they are hard to shoot accurately do to the recoil caused by the long stroke. If there was an easy way to shorten the stroke on the 350 it would be great. You would have a slightly bigger/heavier rifle with the shooting characteristics of the 34. So buy the 34.

I am suggesting you reseach the XISICO XS-25 sold by Flying Dragons Air Rifles and tuned by Mike Melick. I have a Xisico with a full tune by Mike and oh my what a sweet gun. So accurate right form the start and the Rex 3-9x40 break barrel rated scope is the best I've tried on a springer. Do your self a favor and take a look at the Flying Dragons web site. Read the reviews. Mike ships fast and is there to answer questions and give advise and assistance. If you buy one you will not be dissapointed

No first hand experience with either, but I do own several full size HW and AA spring guns.

The RWS34 is very widely owned and reports from owners are almost universally positive. Is it also one of the better bargains available in the world of German springers. With springers, extra power often comes at the price of lost accuracy and a harsher shot cycle and that trade off is occasionally mentioned with the 350.

IMHO power is over-rated with springers and I’d favor the RWS34.

Good luck

R

My thoughts exactly. ^

I would say that the 350 has the potential to be as accurate as a 34 but you really have to try hard to do it.

Magnum springers require a lot more concentration, practice and discipline to shoot them accurately.

Get the lower power gun, you'll be much happier actually hitting your target with it without having to try really hard.

If you are just punching paper, I would suggest an R7 or HW30s in 177. Superior Rekord trigger and effortless to cock and shoot all day long and is extremely quiet.

If you have magnumitis and cost is not an issue and need a powerful springer that you can shoot accurately without having to try really hard and don't mind a loud heavy gun with excellent 50-60 yard accuracy then I would suggest getting an RWS Diana 54 in any caliber.

CA

The 350 I experimented with was with the intention of turning it into a rifle the shot more like the 34. It was an utter failure. The 350 & 34 are nearly identicle. The only difference is the longer compression tube, thus longer spring, on the 350. The piston is the same, trigger, etc. my thought was the 350 weighs more and had a nicer stock. If I could down tune it to 34 levels then in theory it should have as good or better shooting characteristics then the 34. That when I really learned about stroke. No matter how light a spring or how many coils I cut the stroke was too long for the 350 to be a rifle with a forgiving shot cycle. Even with light springs it still shot very high velocities and with high recoil. The 34 was just an easier rifle to shoot well. That's not to say the 350 was not accurate. It was very accurate if you did everything right. The 350 ended up being a waste of time and money for what I was trying to accomplish.

I am suggesting you reseach the XISICO XS-25 sold by Flying Dragons Air Rifles and tuned by Mike Melick. I have a Xisico with a full tune by Mike and oh my what a sweet gun. So accurate right form the start and the Rex 3-9x40 break barrel rated scope is the best I've tried on a springer. Do your self a favor and take a look at the Flying Dragons web site. Read the reviews. Mike ships fast and is there to answer questions and give advise and assistance. If you buy one you will not be dissapointed

+1

Mine was perfect out of the box. 15-16 fp in .22 Smooth and accurate. One of the better air gun bargains out there.

Full tune is worth every penny 

.22 model 52 t06 - on sale for $300 at airguns of ariz. model 34 pro-compact - nevermind - it was on sale at cabelas for about $150.... if you just want those break barrels -- if it were me , i'd have the diana 350 in .22 and the 34 in .177.... i've had all versions of the 350 and i believe the regular monte carlo stock is the best version. and if you can find a .177 model 36 - my favorite 34 powerplant variation.. :: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZYqzc6wXy4

own both, have a 36 in .22, and a 350 Mag professional also in .22

Both are very accurate, the 36 is tuned to 15 FPE, and loves Super H points, easy to shoot well, being both light weight and easy cocking.

The 350 is a beast at 27 FPE, shoots crow magnums very accurately, fun to shoot, but is heavy and the cocking effort is significant.

But I love them both

Hey, it's been a couple of years since this topic was posted, and I'm pondering the same question -- RWS 34 vs RWS 350. Other guns under consideration, but for one reason or another are secondary: ASP20, HW80, HW90, HW95

I have a Hatsan 95 (.25, QE, Vortex Gas Piston) break barrel. My first and only air gun. After a year and 1,000 pellets, and much focus on using the artillery hold, etc.. my groups at 25 yards are not improving. For the most part, I get 2 inch groups; although, every fourth target will come in at 1 inch. I see other folks getting 1 inch groups (even less) at 25 yards (some claim tight groups at longer distances) using RWS or HW guns. I think it's time for me to switch equipment. In hindsight, .25 cal in a spinner was probably too much. So, I've decided to go with .22 cal, and something made in Germany. Bottom line, I want to CONSISTENTLY get 1 inch groups at 25 yards. Tighter would be nice!

I like the challenge of target shooting. My secondary justification for owning the gun is on the off chance that I have to put down a sick raccoon. Before I owned any gun, I had a situation with a sick raccoon, and I thought, you know. Maybe I should have an appropriate tool for the job. So, that's how I got here...!

I was wondering if the original author of this post went with the 350. If so, how has it been?

Cheers!

+1. I have the 22cal baboo thumbhole stock version. It's freaking awsome at 25 yds and still deadly accurate at 40yds. My only critique is having to pull my hand away from the grip in order to release the safety. 

I just bought a second M34. The new one is in .22cal. It averaged 723 fps with 14.7 gr (scale weighed) RWS Superdome pellets. That is 17 FPE ! Also shot my .177cal M34 over my chrony today with 8.4 gr JSB domes. Five shots averaged 940 fps. 16.5 FPE. Granted, living at 85 feet above sea level helps with power but the 34 is just an awesome airgun ! And very accurate! Look on Ebay and you can find some deals on new ones.