• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umerex Guantlet .22

I was shooting the Guanlet today, this little rifle is full of features. I put jsb 18.13 over the chronograph at 737 fps , H&N 14.43 ftt at 780 fps,Falcons 13.43 at 840 fps , jsb 14.3 at 814 fps, jsb 15.89 at 786 fps, jsb 25.39 at 611 fps . I started to shoot for groups at 30 yards and to my surprise, the crosman premier points 14.3 gr. was making a whole in one. Crosman hollow points is not as tight of a group but not bad. I will have more at a later time. 

Haven't had time yet, Thanksgiving day got in the way, but the Crosman 14.3 grain HP pellets at 25 yds are accurate enough for about a nickel size group. Wasn't trying real hard to shoot a good group, just getting used to gun and trigger. Trigger will get adjusted. Did take out three pest birds at about 30 yards. I think I'm going to like this gun. Need to get it on paper with quality pellets in the next few days.

16d4d33d5e910979ae8641105c4d09e2.jpg

Fired some groups today. JSB 15.89 .353 inch 832 fps 24.4 fpe. JSB 18.13 .363 with called high shot number 5 .363 inch 791 fps 25.2 fpe.
JSB RS and H&N FTT weren't as good. I think this Gauntlet will almost match my .25 Marauder in accuracy, at least at 25 yards. I expect these groups will be slightly smaller once I tune the trigger. It may be a toss up between the two best JSBs. the 18.13 may be slightly better without the called high shot. Still need to quit playing with it and see what it may do at 50 yards. It won't beat the >25 Marauder, but it will give the Marauder a run for its money. Hey, I'm happy with the Gauntlet. It will out shoot my Discovery.

Same problem as your first one, Got my gauntlet wednesday. filled the tank ,tried to fire it...no air pressure. Come to find out the probe that is suppose to open the ball valve is either not long enough to open it or it is too large to fit through the hole in the regulator valve to press the ball valve open. I see where a couple conments advised that the tank may not be screwed in all the way. I thought of that and screwed it in as hard as I dared. That isn't the problem. I rigged up a reg. without the valve and charged the tank to 1000 psi and it fired just fine.. I had read somewhere where others had problems occasionally with a probe being to large or regulators holes being to small. Not on the gauntlet but something else. And it was a while ago that I read it. I called Pyramyd air. They sent out a bunch of gauntlets last week after a long wait.( mine was one of them ). they talked like they hadn't heard of the problem. I can't believe I am the only one to be having this problem.

"blackdiesel"You will not be able to screw in the tank while it's pressurized. You have to degas it then screw it in all the way. A buddy of mine had the same problem and others have also had this problem.
It is MUST easier to screw in while degassed, but at 1100-1200 regulated is not impossible. It's just takes a bit more pressure. Whatever you do, DO NOT follow the video put out by Joe B for his "fix". It is NOT recommended by Umarex and it will change your regulated pressure. Also if you were to leave the grub screw a bit loose and then try to unscrew the bottle it would remove the bonnet instead leading to the bottle departing the gun with the pressure of the bottle in it.

"wendell" and to my surprise, the crosman premier points 14.3 gr. was making a whole in one.
I too, have found the Crosman pointed 14.3 pellets to be very accurate through my Diana 34. The last bunch of tins I got from PA however have had many undersized pellets in them. Never had this problem before. Very disappointed with Crosman for this. Bad QA on their part.

Here's an update on my Gauntlet not getting air to the gun: First off... thank you BLACKDIESEL and BRIANSMITH for the advise. You were right, But thats not the end of the story. 
I did get air into the gun by degassing the bottle down to 100 psi so I would know while screwing it in when it allowed air into the gun. Problem is I had to tighten the bottle WAY WAY more then I am comfortable with.The instruction manual says in BOLD type " DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN this could damage both the air cylinder and the airgun". Umarex needs to work on this problem. I am calling Umarex and Pyramydair Monday and asking who pays for the damage when I break something trying to get air to the gun.

PS: Now that I have got this thing working I am very pleased with its performance, 10 shot nickel size group at 25 yrds and 10 shot quarter group at 48 yrds. I have only had break barrel guns in the past so you know I am loving this....

;