• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umerex gauntlet

1585367708_11417079255e7eca9cc6ca32.92848894.jpg
I purchased a .25 gauntlet off of here in the classified for sale section. Came in and all looked good but now finally tried to air it up and it won't air up. Seems like its coming out of the little pop off disk or whatever tgey call it that says 3k on it. Is it possible that it blew in shipping or something. Plus can it be replaced, reset, or fixed. Thanks here's a pic of where air comes out.

I have several aluminum co2 and PCP bottles around. The co2 bottles all have a 3K disk on them and are good for co2 pressures. The PCP bottles all have a 5K disk on them. That reg plainly states it is a 3K rig so blindly putting a 5K disk on it would in my opinion not be a good Idea. It's hard to tell what the specs for working pressure for the bottle are unless it is stamped on the bottle. Most aluminum PCP bottles are stamped 3000psi near the neck of the bottle. Where high pressure is concerned safety needs to come first.

So what I am basically trying to say here is that anytime one buys a used bottle extra care should be taken to be sure that the reg and the bottle belong together else disaster could be close at hand.