Doing a little sniffing again - I had bought a Umarex AR looking thing at Bass Pro Shops - $120 or something, not a lot of money. It would shoot semi or 6 round auto bursts, as I recall. It was a lot of fun, but the stupid thing worked for about, less than a year and didn't get overused at that. I contacted the company; and, well, that was a waste of time. I took it apart and ended up tossing it in the trash. Now I do some reading and it seems that they are a pretty good quality gun - is that true, am I reading too much into advertisement - what is the scoop on these people?

• Wow
Reactions: Septicdeath
Umarex tends to be variable. A lot of stuff is like what you see with certain firearm companies. Designed to be used by the occasional user. Most buyers probably aren't going to shoot it out; but someone who uses it a lot will eventually have problems. That said, they sell a lot of stuff at a low enough price you can get a fair value for what you pay.

I am the owner of a Gauntlet .30 . It has shot pretty well, once I found a good slug for it, consistently hits a inch spinner at 60 yards. I did have an issue where the pressure gauge failed, seemed to be stuck. They replaced kit with a new bottle and gauge, no questions asked.

Is it the most powerful .30 ? No.
Is it the most accurate .30 ? No.
Is it the most reliable .30 ? Who knows at this point.

But it is powerful enough, and accurate enough, and reliable enough for your particular purpose? It looks to be for mine. I have shot around 2000 rounds of various weight and styles, in temperatures from 36 degrees to 95 degrees, and It's always worked fine.

I own a few of Umarex guns; let me see Legends Lugar, MP-40, M1A1 Thompson, M3A1 grease gun. Love the automatic fire. I also have a Gamow .177
a springer rifle what a kick back, and a Crossman Nitro .177 Cal pellet rifle bought a new scope for that one very nice.
I have had only one problem with the M1A1 Thompson out of warrantee, I can fix it myself. The automatic fire Legends guns have about 3K rounds thru then except the MP-40 and that has about 6K rounds thru it. It is the first one I bought. No problems at all.
We use the guns for fun and fore a game we designed patterned after the Milton Bradly game Panzer Blitz. As targets we use molded tanks German, American, British and Russian Plaster-of-Paris 1/35th scale tanks (painted w/decals of course). The last game we played took 2 Days. I won.

Last edited:
I suppose I should post some pictures of the tanks I make for the game. Ok I will

DSCF3004.JPG

DSCF3011.JPG

DSCF3018.JPG

Here are some of mine also 1/35 scale but no way would I use them for targets.

View attachment 337700
I like the models you have and I would NEVER shoot them either I do not shoot mine.
My molded Tanks are molded in silicone rubber MOLDS using plaster -of- Paris as the positive, the tanks are made of plaster. I molded my model kits 1/35th scale (after putting the kit together and then molding it. Some parts are cast plastic like the running gear, cannon barrels the tracks are made from a mold also using a silicone rubber like Silicone Seal type stuff in a tube. All of those parts can be re-used again. See
and

Reactions: Moog
I've never had to deal with Umarex customer support, but I have a Guantlet 2 in .25 and another one in .30 and they've been workhorses.

I think these small caliber replica guns with features like 6 shot burst, which I assume runs on CO2, are pretty cheap gear. Umarex isn't known as the greatest (or worst) quality brand but they definitely have higher end stuff that presumably is engineered better.

The only Umarex I would consider now is the Notos they just brought out . Had a Gauntlet 2 in .22 caliber , worst "gun" I've had since an old CVA muzzleloader . I traded the Gauntlet for a loss just to get rid of it ! When I got into airguns the dealer ( not to be named ) recommended any OTHER gun they sold because of my firearm experience & what I expected of a certain amount of $$$ for quality . Thought the G2 might be better. Maybe but not enough . Different strokes for different folks .

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
umarex. my limited experience to date.
Terrible customer service and sales service. Factory is only 3 hours south of me and I ended up cancelling my order because after 6 days they had not even processed it yet.
Ordered 3 of the P2P pepper ball handguns for my family from another vendor. They do a great job, powerful with the hard rubber projectiles and pepper balls. Trying to correct my Karma a little and not shoot anymore human beings with bullets.
I would recommend them to anyone for non-lethal defense.
BTW. Do not bother with the compact model. Much larger than expected, poor design for comfort, poor sights, only 4 shots, and used smaller harder to find 8 gram co2.

Doc

The OP claims he bought “a Umarex AR looking thing,” never states the actual airgun he purchased, and responds to none of the assumptions in this thread. In fact it appears that he was active on the forums for about 6 days. You guys lost me on this one. All I get is that he got no customer support from Umarex. That’s it.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore