Umarex Umarex Zelos, how are we feeling?

No I should just stop trying to type after about 7 pm. Both guns are in .25 caliber.

Rick H.
I just got to shoot 25&30 caliber guns thanks to a friend in my town.. It was very nice shooting guns out of my price range.. actually never thought I'd touch a FX M3.. but I shot several.. those 30 caliber pellets are huge compared to 22 caliber.
today was a great day 😊
mark

well if anyone wants to figure out how to do it, and possibly get their attention.. it's worth a try.. not something I know how to do, especially if there's a way to make sure they at least see it..
if you get it started, please send me a link and I'll join in..
Mark
it'll take some time to figure out for sure but if/when I do ill make a thread about it, ill also DM you.

• Love
Reactions: markhooper
it'll take some time to figure out for sure but if/when I do ill make a thread about it, ill also DM you.
I like having conversations with PM or email.. today was wondering, got to shoot for the first time with a friend in Rogue River.. he's amazing and a awesome collection of airguns that I have seen in catalog but never in person..
for the first time I shot a 25&30 caliber rifles.. previous I had a collection of 177 and 22.. currently only have 22 caliber.. man those 30 caliber pellets are big and hit hard..
looking forward to hearing from you..
and I don't mind conversation about airguns or whatever is going on with life..
I've posted it in a few different places about my notos to pistol conversion and today my friend shot it and really liked it.. I can't wait until next week to see what his new HW 44 is like.. always liked seeing them in catalog but they were out of my price range and well if I would have picked between it and the attaman ap16 compact, it would have been the compact..
send me a PM and we can talk that way or if it is easier, I'll also reply with email..
mark

Reactions: TYLERHASKINS2
Well I have no experience with the notos but in my opinion 600 for a tube umarex 🤷‍♂️…..I’m out until I know more.
must be a typo.. I think you must be referring to the umarex zelos tube gun.. personally I would get a m60 from airgun archery fun in Canada.. I'm quite sure it's the same gun from the same manufacturer.. I'd assume snowpeak makes them both.. but the advantage of the m60 is that you can order it with a aluminum tank or carbon fiber tank.. plus Wes is good and sells parts..
it's basically the only thing I have against umarex, along with a few other brands.. they basically don't sell parts..
Mark

Reactions: Firewalker
I don’t doubt it. I just don’t have a use for the low power. Seems a good bang for the buck. The new one is twice the cost and I’m not sure about that.
ok so I might be mixed up.. last time I saw the umarex zelos tube gun is $600.. the umarex notos, well I think I have around $260 in it with pistol grips and open sights and 4 factory magazine.. so unless prices went out of sight the notos is under $250..
I bought it for a pistol, but with the moderator it was 22" long and too hard to shoot freehand... I was assuming that the moderator was screwed on with locktite.. but it's permanently attached.. so with the help of a friend who got a moderator 3d printed that fits inside the shroud, I shortened it to just under 16 inches it's much better now and even more accurate and quiet.. it's the only thing I have done to a gun, I normally just shoot out of the box.. and I have never tuned a gun..
now to be honest I personally wouldn't want it for a rifle.. rifle I want long barrel and a fair amount of shots per fill.. notos gets around 25-28.. never put the stock on since I wanted a pistol and then it just set because at 22" I had to rest it on the tube and it just was too much for me as a pistol..I was tempted and close to selling it but was offered $125 and I knew I couldn't afford to replace it with something better, since I didn't have money to spare..it's got a lot more use now that it's shortened.
Mark

IMG_20240122_165321112.jpg

IMG_20240122_165309036.jpg

IMG_20240122_165247164.jpg

IMG_20240122_161502973.jpg

I like having conversations with PM or email.. today was wondering, got to shoot for the first time with a friend in Rogue River.. he's amazing and a awesome collection of airguns that I have seen in catalog but never in person..
for the first time I shot a 25&30 caliber rifles.. previous I had a collection of 177 and 22.. currently only have 22 caliber.. man those 30 caliber pellets are big and hit hard..
looking forward to hearing from you..
and I don't mind conversation about airguns or whatever is going on with life..
I've posted it in a few different places about my notos to pistol conversion and today my friend shot it and really liked it.. I can't wait until next week to see what his new HW 44 is like.. always liked seeing them in catalog but they were out of my price range and well if I would have picked between it and the attaman ap16 compact, it would have been the compact..
send me a PM and we can talk that way or if it is easier, I'll also reply with email..
mark
moderator is inside the shroud now and it's under 16" instead of 22".. it was quiet factory and accurate but more so since it has been shortened.. I figured that with the moderator inside the shroud it's smaller and the barrel is shorter.. that it would be louder and possibly less accurate and I didn't do any tuning but it is more accurate, I think because I got a really good crown on the barrel and it is quieter too with the new moderator
Mark

Reactions: Trucker3573
hello everyone. so the airgun geeks YouTube channel just posted a new video on the new umarex Zelos (
). a lot of us know that is is simply just the snowpeak m60 with the umarex name on it, but at $599 are we thinking that's reasonable? to my knowledge its a bit tricky to get an m60 in the US and when you can Im thinking its around that same price anyway. I think I like how the gun looks, and overall I think the gun could be really really cool, but is it worth the $600? personally I think it is...but I want to hear what you guys think, let me know!
Has anyone heard further news regarding the Umarex Zelos?

its absolutely absurd to not offer parts for products, no excuse to not sell parts. I mean look at crosman/bengamin, I wanted a new hammer spring, they didn't have one so they sent me a fully assembled block for the gun. its amazing to me that we have complete polar opposite's like this. I only have one umarex gun and I hate that thing. I think it's about time they change their ways, especially if they're selling a gun like the "m60". im not expecting crosman levels of customer service or FX airguns level of parts availability but something would be nice.

Reactions: Firewalker
to be clear, I think the only difference between the umarex zelos and the m60 is the name on the side and the availability of getting it with a couple different air tank options.. I will venture to say that they are even made in the same country..
I believe the main difference between the notos and the pp750 is the side of the cocking lever and on top of that Wes told me that he was going to order some pp750 with the cocking lever on the same side as the notos..
Mark
Isn't the barrel on the zelos 26" vs 24" on the m60? Also the tube is 250cc vs 205cc on the m60 tube version. Something that I see basically everyone miss

I'm gonna say, first, that I needed an extra sear as a backup for when I dove into modifying the Notos trigger and AGAF in CA got one for me, but I'm thinking it was the only one available. Other parts look like a no go. Sooooo, having said that, I'm ok with buying a <$300 gun with no parts available, BUT, get above that magic number, and you are not talking to me. If a manufacturer can't provide parts for an expensive airgun, then I don't need it, there are simply too many out there that do. This is a competitive market, so play or get out, as far as I'm concerned.
I love the Notos and if I really wanted parts, I'm not averse to buying a whole gun to have the parts I need, but beyond that, no thanks. I have FX, Airmaks, Weihrauch, Brocock, BSA, and Crosman, which I can readily get parts for. It still irks me the manufacturers who won't publish oring data. That's obscene, we all know every pcp will need an oring sooner or later.

• Love
Isn't the barrel on the zelos 26" vs 24" on the m60? Also the tube is 250cc vs 205cc on the m60 tube version. Something that I see basically everyone miss
I am not sure on the barrel length, thought they were the same but the advantage of the m60 is that you can get it with the bottle, instead of the tube.. personally I don't like the look of the space between the tube and the barrel.. seems like it was designed for a tank.. the m60 is not a lot of difference in price going with the bottle than the zelos..I was surprised that it can be filled and have a spare bottle and it is changeable under pressure.
now if only it was available in 30 caliber too, it might get me from looking to ordering.. plus since it's so compact might as well have a 36" barrel available..
Mark

I'm gonna say, first, that I needed an extra sear as a backup for when I dove into modifying the Notos trigger and AGAF in CA got one for me, but I'm thinking it was the only one available. Other parts look like a no go. Sooooo, having said that, I'm ok with buying a <$300 gun with no parts available, BUT, get above that magic number, and you are not talking to me. If a manufacturer can't provide parts for an expensive airgun, then I don't need it, there are simply too many out there that do. This is a competitive market, so play or get out, as far as I'm concerned.
I love the Notos and if I really wanted parts, I'm not averse to buying a whole gun to have the parts I need, but beyond that, no thanks. I have FX, Airmaks, Weihrauch, Brocock, BSA, and Crosman, which I can readily get parts for. It still irks me the manufacturers who won't publish oring data. That's obscene, we all know every pcp will need an oring sooner or later.
well said!! so I had barrel o rings that were dried out and cracked from the factory.. first time pulling the barrel one just fell out in crumbs.. I don't know about the other o rings but the barrel ones are a odd size and I was fortunate to get some with longgundallis help from firewalker.. guess he ordered a lot special made overseas.. thankful for that but I wonder if the other o rings are odd size.. like the ones in the air tube? hopefully they are just common metric ones..
Mark

I doubt it. It looks much closer to the M60. Also the barrel on the max 1 is even longer at 700mm or ~27.5".
where did you see the max1.. 700 mm barrel 🤔 I'd like to see it.. the m60 I saw was from Wes at airgun archery fun in Canada.. but 700 mm barrel sounds good, except for it might make me go from looking to ordering 😊 .. do you know what calibers are available..
Mark