Umarex Umarex Zelos, how are we feeling?

hello everyone. so the airgun geeks YouTube channel just posted a new video on the new umarex Zelos (
). a lot of us know that is is simply just the snowpeak m60 with the umarex name on it, but at $599 are we thinking that's reasonable? to my knowledge its a bit tricky to get an m60 in the US and when you can Im thinking its around that same price anyway. I think I like how the gun looks, and overall I think the gun could be really really cool, but is it worth the $600? personally I think it is...but I want to hear what you guys think, let me know!

Reactions: markhooper
so yes it's a nice gun, however what is the parts availability from umarex?
from what I have seen on the notos, it's just aftermarket parts.. well that's not so good for a $600 gun.. however airgun archery fun in Canada sells the M60 and he ships to the USA with no problem and he offers USA only options like full power and moderator..
also it is good to know that he sells parts as well..
myself either gun would be more attractive if it has a tank for more air per fill.. plus it looks odd with the air tube so far apart.
as I remember the m60 from Canada is available with a aluminum tank, tube or a carbon fiber tank..this is a good thing if you want the tank because you can order it with the configuration and not have to convert it..
I do prefer to buy from a place in USA since you also have to deal with money conversion to Canada, but it's doable..
so I have a big question, is the umarex currently available? also does anyone know if things are changing so we can easily get parts from umarex?
Mark

so yes it's a nice gun, however what is the parts availability from umarex?
from what I have seen on the notos, it's just aftermarket parts.. well that's not so good for a $600 gun.. however airgun archery fun in Canada sells the M60 and he ships to the USA with no problem and he offers USA only options like full power and moderator..
also it is good to know that he sells parts as well..
myself either gun would be more attractive if it has a tank for more air per fill.. plus it looks odd with the air tube so far apart.
as I remember the m60 from Canada is available with a aluminum tank, tube or a carbon fiber tank..this is a good thing if you want the tank because you can order it with the configuration and not have to convert it..
I do prefer to buy from a place in USA since you also have to deal with money conversion to Canada, but it's doable..
so I have a big question, is the umarex currently available? also does anyone know if things are changing so we can easily get parts from umarex?
Mark
parts availability is a concern for me as well, and no idea what kind of warranty umarex has either.

I think it will be good, although I think air gun archery fun going with the m60 might be as good if not a better deal.. especially if you want a tank, you can order it with it instead of paying for the tube version and then a additional tank..
to be fair I like my notos but I'm also getting ready to other some parts for it that fit the pp750.. they are pretty much identical, I think I would have gotten the pp750 if I wanted a carbine but I made mine into a pistol with a moderator inside the shroud like the pp750 is sort of.. but the main reason I chose the notos is I shoot pistol right handed and so I wanted the cocking lever on the left side.. pp750 is right side..
I have already had to get after market o ring for the notos and it's only a year old.. the barrel o rings were crumbling.. literally like a rotten piece of rubber, so not very good quality.. unless they used oil based lube when they put it together.. the rubber is only compatible with silicone.
I can't complain about it other than the fact it's a odd size o ring that you cant buy locally and I would say my biggest complaint is that umarex basically doesnt sell parts
mark

parts availability is a concern for me as well, and no idea what kind of warranty umarex has either.
fortunately you can get most of the parts from air gun archery fun in Canada.. I'm getting a few now.. but Wes said that he was having to wait a long time for parts and guns.. I don't know but I'm going to assume that it is because of shipping not going through the souix canal and having to go all the way around Africa..
I'd also assume that it might get worse for a little while as I read that there's a backlog of ships coming in and the guys at the port can only do so much each day..
if you do business with Wes, you will find he's very helpful and I think reasonable..

Mark

Good to know of a parts source for Umarex. i get the point about lower priced guns not always being best quality. My Gauntlet 2 had an ongoing leak from the day I got it. Problem was two nicked o-rings and those were apparently caused by some rough ie. unfinished edges inside the gun. When that was taken care of and the barrel properly installed it’s been very good. I don’t think it was made as a budget rifle as much as I think someone got in a hurry. My other Gauntlet has been good since I got it. Both are in 24.

Rick H.

I think it will be good, although I think air gun archery fun going with the m60 might be as good if not a better deal.. especially if you want a tank, you can order it with it instead of paying for the tube version and then a additional tank..
to be fair I like my notos but I'm also getting ready to other some parts for it that fit the pp750.. they are pretty much identical, I think I would have gotten the pp750 if I wanted a carbine but I made mine into a pistol with a moderator inside the shroud like the pp750 is sort of.. but the main reason I chose the notos is I shoot pistol right handed and so I wanted the cocking lever on the left side.. pp750 is right side..
I have already had to get after market o ring for the notos and it's only a year old.. the barrel o rings were crumbling.. literally like a rotten piece of rubber, so not very good quality.. unless they used oil based lube when they put it together.. the rubber is only compatible with silicone.
I can't complain about it other than the fact it's a odd size o ring that you cant buy locally and I would say my biggest complaint is that umarex basically doesnt sell parts
mark
its absolutely absurd to not offer parts for products, no excuse to not sell parts. I mean look at crosman/bengamin, I wanted a new hammer spring, they didn't have one so they sent me a fully assembled block for the gun. its amazing to me that we have complete polar opposite's like this. I only have one umarex gun and I hate that thing. I think it's about time they change their ways, especially if they're selling a gun like the "m60". im not expecting crosman levels of customer service or FX airguns level of parts availability but something would be nice.

• Love
Good to know of a parts source for Umarex. i get the point about lower priced guns not always being best quality. My Gauntlet 2 had an ongoing leak from the day I got it. Problem was two nicked o-rings and those were apparently caused by some rough ie. unfinished edges inside the gun. When that was taken care of and the barrel properly installed it’s been very good. I don’t think it was made as a budget rifle as much as I think someone got in a hurry. My other Gauntlet has been good since I got it. Both are in 24.

Rick H.
well I don't think that quality should affect parts availability.. but I do have a issue with a company that sends out guns that don't at least have a final test approval.. it would be like sending a car out of the factory without even knowing if it starts.. just my opinion.. fortunately for me it was two apparently rotten o rings from the factory.. fortunately I was able to get them through firewalker.. thanks to firewalker for that, I was exasperated to find out it a common size o ring but not a common size cross section.. if it was not for firewalker I'd have already machined the groove a little bit wider and deeper to accommodate either a standard size metric or SAE o ring..
Mark

Reactions: TYLERHASKINS2
its absolutely absurd to not offer parts for products, no excuse to not sell parts. I mean look at crosman/bengamin, I wanted a new hammer spring, they didn't have one so they sent me a fully assembled block for the gun. its amazing to me that we have complete polar opposite's like this. I only have one umarex gun and I hate that thing. I think it's about time they change their ways, especially if they're selling a gun like the "m60". im not expecting crosman levels of customer service or FX airguns level of parts availability but something would be nice.
I totally agree.. not to pick on any certain manufacturer but umarex and hatsan are not parts friendly.. and currently Barra doesn't have a PCP that fits my needs.. but I saw on their website that they are totally opposite.. they not only have parts for their PCP guns but I was amazed to see a rebuilt kit for the CO2 Schofield revolver.. ias far as price it was more reasonable than just a seal kit.. honestly I thought that since CO2 guns were relatively cheap that they were currently a disposable gun.. use it until it breaks and buy another one..
the reason why I said relative is because I was thinking about 30 years ago $30 or so would have been what CO2 guns sold for.. now 100+ for a CO2 BB gun?
but seriously it's a total waste of everything if you can't easily get common rebuild parts..
I don't mean to go on but there's just way too much disposable stuff.. that could be a simple rebuild.. there's absolutely no excuse to not offer o rings.. especially if they decide to make it a unusual size.
now to be honest I don't see any currently foresale PCP guns in the current Barra line that suits my use but they are already listing a lot of parts for new , even PCP guns that came out at shot show 2024..
so is that too much to ask for other companies to do the same?? I really wish we could get it across to at least umarex and hatsan.. any ideas?? or just fight our way around it??
Mark

to be clear, I think the only difference between the umarex zelos and the m60 is the name on the side and the availability of getting it with a couple different air tank options.. I will venture to say that they are even made in the same country..
I believe the main difference between the notos and the pp750 is the side of the cocking lever and on top of that Wes told me that he was going to order some pp750 with the cocking lever on the same side as the notos..
Mark

Rick H.
you mentioned that both your gauntlet are in 24, would I be correct to assume that 24 is the year of purchase? or was it a misprint? for caliber??
Mark
I was looking forward to the avenger X bottle gun but when I saw how much it was, it's cheaper to get a bottle m60.. kind of disappointing.. not really a budget gun and for me it's only advantage is the high low transfer port.. that and the tank options are the only thing I see it has over the avenger
Mark

I totally agree.. not to pick on any certain manufacturer but umarex and hatsan are not parts friendly.. and currently Barra doesn't have a PCP that fits my needs.. but I saw on their website that they are totally opposite.. they not only have parts for their PCP guns but I was amazed to see a rebuilt kit for the CO2 Schofield revolver.. ias far as price it was more reasonable than just a seal kit.. honestly I thought that since CO2 guns were relatively cheap that they were currently a disposable gun.. use it until it breaks and buy another one..
the reason why I said relative is because I was thinking about 30 years ago $30 or so would have been what CO2 guns sold for.. now 100+ for a CO2 BB gun?
but seriously it's a total waste of everything if you can't easily get common rebuild parts..
I don't mean to go on but there's just way too much disposable stuff.. that could be a simple rebuild.. there's absolutely no excuse to not offer o rings.. especially if they decide to make it a unusual size.
now to be honest I don't see any currently foresale PCP guns in the current Barra line that suits my use but they are already listing a lot of parts for new , even PCP guns that came out at shot show 2024..
so is that too much to ask for other companies to do the same?? I really wish we could get it across to at least umarex and hatsan.. any ideas?? or just fight our way around it??
Mark
we could make a post on here titled "We NEED Parts!" or something like that, and basically just call to all manufacturers begging that they make this simple change. its a needed step, I mean I don't know about anyone else but I shoot tens of thousands of pellets every year, that's a lot of wear and tear for a gun, offering a simple o-ring that they most likely already have in stock would be a nice gesture and a much needed first step.

we could make a post on here titled "We NEED Parts!" or something like that, and basically just call to all manufacturers begging that they make this simple change. its a needed step, I mean I don't know about anyone else but I shoot tens of thousands of pellets every year, that's a lot of wear and tear for a gun, offering a simple o-ring that they most likely already have in stock would be a nice gesture and a much needed first step.
well if anyone wants to figure out how to do it, and possibly get their attention.. it's worth a try.. not something I know how to do, especially if there's a way to make sure they at least see it..
if you get it started, please send me a link and I'll join in..
Mark

I think it is a cool looking rifle with some great features, light on power for my needs and unfortunately will come with all the issues that China products ship with. I was thinking I wanted one but the more I read on it's siblings, the less enthralled I am.
I agree with you, but if I was going to buy it, unfortunately I would probably buy it from airgun archery fun in Canada, just because it can be ordered with the bottle and Wes sells parts.. that's my major complaint with umarex.. not even a simple but odd special o ring ..
if Barra can offer pretty cheap parts kits and individual parts, I don't see any reason why umarex can't..
nothing against buying from Wes in Canada but I just prefer doing business as locally as possible.. honestly if I could do it, I'd rather buy things in person.. but that's not typically available to me.
mark

you mentioned that both your gauntlet are in 24, would I be correct to assume that 24 is the year of purchase? or was it a misprint? for caliber??
Mark
I was looking forward to the avenger X bottle gun but when I saw how much it was, it's cheaper to get a bottle m60.. kind of disappointing.. not really a budget gun and for me it's only advantage is the high low transfer port.. that and the tank options are the only thing I see it has over the avenger
Mark
No I should just stop trying to type after about 7 pm. Both guns are in .25 caliber.

Rick H.