• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umarex Umarex SL30 Breech/Probe Seal

I wore out the breech seal o-rings on my Gauntlet SL30. Luckily it came with a set of replacements, but I wore those out too, a lot sooner than I expected. They really should have lasted longer.

After the first set wore out I saw a posting, somewhere, about using polyurethane tubing instead. So when the second set blew out, I got 6 feet of polyurethane tubing, 5 mm ID by 8 mm OD, for about $1 a foot.

I cut a piece to experiment with, but after cutting realized it was about 1/2 mm too long. I put it on the probe anyway, it was an experiment after all. After seating the probe in the chamber, I saw that the tubing had ridden up the back side of the seat a little, and could definitely feel some resistance when pushing the probe forward. Other than that, all seemed OK.

So I took it out, and it shot very well. I put a couple hundred rounds through it. With the original o-rings, I was getting a variation in muzzle velocity of about +-20 fps, which I put down to the regulator and/or ammo variations. However, with the polyurethane tubing, the variation was only about +-2 fps, a GR8 improvement, I'll take it!

Hopefully, this tubing will last a while before needing replacement. But replacing it will be cheap! I'll cut the next one a millimeter too long on purpose, and see what happens.

Reactions: Trucker3573