Umarex Primal 20 gauge air shotgun

Who's buying the new Umarex Primal 20 gauge shotgun? Being able to get a whole ounce and more of shot in there and with that huge air cylinder, it looks like it will be good for turkeys and geese, plus get 4 good shots per fill minimum. I'm going to buy it and give it a go as another tinkering platform. It's actually a quite affordable pcp, offset by the price of shot and wads that is.

For the cost of the shotgun, plus outrageous price per shot. Don't think I'll be buying one.

Have a Crosman 1100 and my custom Hatsan 130QE 8mm smoothbore shotgun. Enough shotgun fun for me. I would like a Farco.

Shooting either of mine is probably 6 or 7 cents per shot. Not counting the co2 for the 1100

1588643572_20420469545eb0c6f470c0c7.87170507.jpg

20230113_160827.jpg

For the cost of the shotgun, plus outrageous price per shot. Don't think I'll be buying one.
We know you won’t be buying one.. you’re an anti-pcp guy😂

The quackenbush shotgun pistol is cool but in a different league as the primal in terms of power. 400+ fpe vs 100 fpe(if that). Also the amount of shot it can send down the barrel. .410 gauge vs 20 gauge.

The primal is an affordable option compared to similar powered air shotguns. Considering one of the guys who helped develop it used to sell air shotguns that were 3 times the price, it’s a bargain. Now we’ll just have to see if it performs.

The quackenbush shotgun pistol is cool but in a different league as the primal in terms of power. 400+ fpe vs 100 fpe(if that). Also the amount of shot it can send down the barrel. .410 gauge vs 20 gauge.

The primal is an affordable option compared to similar powered air shotguns. Considering one of the guys who helped develop it used to sell air shotguns that were 3 times the price, it’s a bargain. Now we’ll just have to see if it performs.
No I'm not anti PCP's. They are just not my preferred platform. They are great if that's your thing, and I understand. And your right, I won't be buying one.

However I would buy this if the opportunity presented itself.

Definitely one of the coolest and better built rifles made by the Filipinos. I owned a .22 farco co2 rifle that was crudely made to put it nicely. I read the shotguns had better build quality. And on a hot summer day can crank out over a 100 fpe. Impressive for a co2 rifle!
They say the Farco will shoot. 120-grain .433 lead ball to about 500 f.p.s when the temperature is around 80 degrees.

My Crosman 1100 will shoot a .375 79 grain at about 500fps on a 80 degree day.

Reactions: Pale_Rider
They say the Farco will shoot. 120-grain .433 lead ball to about 500 f.p.s when the temperature is around 80 degrees.

My Crosman 1100 will shoot a .375 79 grain at about 500fps on a 80 degree day.
80 degrees is a warm day. Imagine what they’ll do on a 100+ degree day. Typical summer day here in the central valley of California.

Reactions: Septicdeath
Who's buying the new Umarex Primal 20 gauge shotgun? Being able to get a whole ounce and more of shot in there and with that huge air cylinder, it looks like it will be good for turkeys and geese, plus get 4 good shots per fill minimum. I'm going to buy it and give it a go as another tinkering platform. It's actually a quite affordable pcp, offset by the price of shot and wads that is.
I am if they ever put the dang thing on the market.

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist