• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umarex Origin Problem

My Origin developed a problem and I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen. In shooting once it gets down to 2000 psi I only get two shots max till it's to the refill line or below. Two shots with the hammer spring backed all the way out. I turn it in two turns from all the way out and when I shot from 2000 it dropped to 1050 on one shot.

Since under warranty I have shipped it in for repair.

My hammer is 4 turns in. From 3600 down to 2800 I get 30 shots. Once under 2800 mine drops severely. I might get 3 more shots. I never run it that low as you do. (Under 2k) Takes way more to hand pump it back up. I shoot my 30 shots down to 2800 and pump it back up roughly 60-70 pumps to 3600 again. Rinse and repeat. 

Reactions: Animalcub7907
I was doing some testing with the hammer spring settings. In testing with two turns out from all the way in shooting 16 gr I got 12 shots from aprox 2050 to 1000. With four turns out from 2050 aprox I got 14 shots. 

I think there is a problem since all of the sudden it dropped to two shots. Doesn't sound right with your gun either to me. After Umarex works on it I will post the results on this same post. I guess will know what's going on.

I also noticed it only took me 8 pumps of my hand pump to go from 1000 to 2000 psi. As I remember before it took a lot more to go from those points. How many would it take you to go from 1000 to 2000?

Thanks for your reply

Sounds like the pressure gauge isn't showing correct. Almost all of those small gauges are inaccurate.

The gauge on the gun matched that on my hand pump so unless both were wrong I don't know. Also in the past I was getting a dozen or so shots from 2000 down to 1000. The number of shots from full fill to 2000 never changed just from 2000 to 1000. 

I will post what Umarex finds so it might help someone else if they experience something similar. 

FINAL UPDATE:

Well my gun is coming today! Received a email from Umarex stating that they were sending a replacement new gun to me. Also said the gunsmiths didn't disclose the exact problem. I guess I will never know but feel fortunate that the warranty covered it. I have a three year warranty so will see how this next gun holds up. It has been a full month to get this done due to holidays. 

I bought a supposedly factory refurbished umarex origin, but it wasnt. It has the same problem as yours, but I have no warranty. I need to figure this out and fix it myself if possible. From 2000 to 1000 psi i get 2 shots to empty.
There is a guy on youtube who tells how to take out the ever pressure system and it looks simple. I wonder if this will fix the problem?

I bought a supposedly factory refurbished umarex origin, but it wasnt. It has the same problem as yours, but I have no warranty. I need to figure this out and fix it myself if possible. From 2000 to 1000 psi i get 2 shots to empty.
It really shouldn’t do that but try filling it to 3000. The valve might be sticking open due to the low pressure you are trying to use it at. Especially with a new un broken in gun

I remember hearing something you might try. Stand the gun up mussel down for a day with the air almost empty to see if the oil in the EPS might get into the lower section of air tube and fix your problem.

I was maybe thinking of selling mine and would make you a good deal if interested. That way you could mess with your other and know you have a good one.

Last edited:
I’m having this same problem out of mine. I just don’t got below 2000. But it would me nice to get the problem resolved

My Origin developed a problem and I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen. In shooting once it gets down to 2000 psi I only get two shots max till it's to the refill line or below. Two shots with the hammer spring backed all the way out. I turn it in two turns from all the way out and when I shot from 2000 it dropped to 1050 on one shot.

Since under warranty I have shipped it in for repair.
Kept happening to me. It was a defective unit so I swapped it out.

The ever pressure piston can stick, especially if you ever got any moisture in the air tube. \If it develops a spot where the piston seizes, it will get to that point and your working pressure will start to drop off quickly.

Not a lot a person can do about that other than tearing it down to clean out and polish the air tube, but be very careful with that. If you take it down and there can be air remaining on the back side of that piston regardless of what is on the side with the pressure gauge. At that point, that piston will come out at you like a 12 gauge shotgun slug.