• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umarex Origin Owners?

I bought one a few months ago as my first pcp. The price was the key factor considering it came with a hand pump. The pump is total junk and broke after a month. Umarex still hasn’t sent me a replacement under their warranty. Hand pumping is pretty awful to be honest. The Gamo Urban is a much better rifle and costs around $315. Then you still need an air source. Your son may be happier overall with a quality springer rifle. Then an air source isn’t needed. PCPs are pretty expensive. No way to get around it. 

I own one. It was my first PCP. I bought it in Sept and been shooting it taking some rats and target practice. It developed a problem with diminished shot count from 2000 down to 1000. Shipped it back for warranty service. I haven't got it back yet. Other than that I really like it. I bought a cheap hand pump & gun only. Overall all I was getting 50 shots from a 3000 fill till the problem showed up. I don't think it's that much work to fill with hand pump but down the line I will probably go with another source. I put a 50 buck modulator from ebay that helped make it more backyard friendly. It's really accurate for me shooting 16 gr or heavier pellets. I also bought a scope of course so things start adding up. I myself enjoy shooting this compared to springers or gas piston rifles for the money spent.

Your thread is a little old now, but I disagree with others here. I've been shooting my .25 origin for almost a year now and it's been absolutely great. If it breaks, that's okay, it has a 3 year warrantee. If it breaks after warrantee period, that's okay, because how long do you expect such a cheap pcp rifle to last? I got mine for only 260 bucks. I've talked to another guy who shoots his every day too, and had it for a little over 2 years now. He's had no problems. I see many more good reviews on them than bad ones for sure.