Umarex "Umarex Notos Update HUGE power Upgrade!" Or is it?

I'm up too 800 fps with no porting thanks to C88 and his FX barrel!

0.159" center to center 20 shot group.

20240417_172158.jpg
20240417_172914.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: AKairgunner907
The drilling of the "restricter plate" is a small part of it, doing this will give a gain of around 75 to 100 fps max.....I'm more familiar with the PP750 as I own one. The real power comes from drilling out the brass valve seat hole larger.

This is a better video showing the restricter plate......You will notice he doesn't make any mention of the brass valve seat.

The drilling of the "restricter plate" is a small part of it, doing this will give a gain of around 75 to 100 fps max.....I'm more familiar with the PP750 as I own one. The real power comes from drilling out the brass valve seat hole larger.

This is a better video showing the restricter plate......You will notice he doesn't make any mention of the brass valve seat.

"I took the restrictor plate off the red dragon. Keep that on the down low, it's not exactly legal."

-Frank the Tank

All I see is some moron filming himself violating EPA regulations by venting freon to atmosphere. $15K fine if I recall. Not that I'm a Dudley Dooright, but I wouldn't film myself commiting that violation.

Belive it or not, it's now $30k per violation now.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
I could see a notos pumping out 40 fpe, but that would take a lot of work, and I don't know enough about the gun to state as to what that would entail given the stock barrel length of 11.75".

Is full bore porting possible? If not what is possible? 75% 85%?

What is the plenum volume in a stock notos, 5cc, 10cc, 15cc? Makes a huge difference.

But 980 FPS with 22cal 25.4 gr as stated in the video is absolutely not happening even with full bore porting on a 11.75" barrel unless you remove the regulator, then...it becomes very possible and quite easy to achieve even with 75-80% bore porting provided the full 66cc cylinder acts as a plenum and you fill to the max 3650 psi/250 bar.

Then...the stock hammer/spring arrangement probably couldn't smack the valve hard enough at 3650 psi, so you'd be hell bent modifying the valve and hammer to work in concert to achieve the velocity values stated in the video (980 fps with 25.4 gr).

So to that I say, it very well may be possible, but the gun would be heavily modded far more than the one shown in the video.

-Matt

.221" is as large as you can bore out the block to feed the TP.

I did not record the barrel porting but it's easy to measure with the barrel removed.

I have envisioned copying the AEA barrel porting where a channel has been grooved in a ring around the ports and 2 other ports are drilled into the barrel.

I still don't see nearly 1000fps with a 25gr pellet.

Last edited:
.221" is as large as you can bore out the block to feed the TP.

I did not record the barrel porting but it's easy to measure with the barrel removed.

I have envisioned copying the AEA barrel porting where a channel has been grooved in a ring around the ports and 2 other ports are drilled into the barrel.

I still don't see nearly 1000fps with a 25gr pellet.

With the regulator yanked out its feasible if you smack the valve hard enough or run a special custom valve, when regulated very much a no.

-Matt