• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Tuning Umarex Notos has arrived.

Howdy. Do you remember about how many coils you removed from your hammer spring? Better yet: it's post mod length?
Thanks, Brian
You need a chrony.
Every spring is slightly different.

Start with the stock spring length.
Shoot and measure velocity then cut half a coil or less until you get the velocity you want.

just saw something on ebay. i dont know if anyone here might be interested.

I just ordered one! They're made by @cfs916
just saw something on ebay. i dont know if anyone here might be interested.

Reactions: daddypaddy
Also I emailed the ebay seller for the Avenger double magazine holder since I liked mine so much and requested he make some for the Notos.

He did! Here is the listing:

I also told him that lots of us use that 12 shot CARM magazine and he says he will order a CARM and make a holder for that too! Since CARM is on vacation til tomorrow and I don't know how long it will take to make the 3D file etc it may be a bit for the CARM holder but the OEM holder is out now.

Will it fit standard CARM magazine? I belive the size is the same as the OEM. Can't check now as the gun is at the shop for some tuning
I don't know for sure, sorry. He has a Notos with the OEM mag and then he told me he is ordering a 12 shot CARM mag and then will offer both the OEM size and the 12 shot CARM size on his ebay.

On the carm website the "medium cap" says holds 10 and is 8mm bigger than OEM and the 12 shot "high cap" is 13mm bigger than OEM

However the "normal" size CARM says it only holds 6 shots but OEM holds 7... not sure what that means for physical size cause it doesn't list anything.

I don't know for sure, sorry. He has a Notos with the OEM mag and then he told me he is ordering a 12 shot CARM mag and then will offer both the OEM size and the 12 shot CARM size on his ebay.

On the carm website the "medium cap" says holds 10 and is 8mm bigger than OEM and the 12 shot "high cap" is 13mm bigger than OEM

However the "normal" size CARM says it only holds 6 shots but OEM holds 7... not sure what that means for physical size cause it doesn't list anything.
I just ordered a set of magazines for mine, I didn’t see that there was a “normal” sized one on there…. Dang. I thought his medium was the smallest capacity.
Hopefully I don’t have to get a riser for my scope to use the mediums.
Looking forward to getting them. Also ordered 4 mags for my Evol.

Reactions: EmptyTin_Tim
What side are you ordering and why ? Left or right ? With left side lever on NOTOS I would like mag to stick out on right side and on PP750 would like mag to stick out on left side. Which is good for the NOTOS ? Anyone have an image of the differences?
I ordered LH for Notos cause that's the way the OEM one goes in.

the small 6 round mag,,, I had to grind a little off the clamp bar for the mount
20230817_210643-1.jpeg

Hey guys, I just wanted to mention I had an issue with a loose/wiggling picatinny rail and shroud on my new Notos. I found the issue to be that the screw that secures it was actually too long and was bottoming out before seating on the rail. I removed the screw and ground off 1-2mm and reinstalled it. plenty of threads to grab, and no more wiggle. I hope that helps someone else.

Sorry if its been covered in this thread but I don't want to go through all of it.

Has anybody tested to see how low in velocity a 14-ish grain pellet can go in one of these?

Thanks
You need to get a softer spring for it to get anywhere lower than I think 18-19fpe? I cut my spring and lowered my reg and I'm at 700fps with 14.3 CPHPs.

Reactions: steve123
I just bought a second Notos which I detuned.
I am getting about 100-110 shots in the 460-490 FPS range with CPHP.

I used the same hammer spring I mentioned above.
I cut the spring to about 48-50 millimeters long.
I can get a range from 460 FPS to 680 FPS.

After it got off the regulator for the next 20 shots the velocity started to climb up to about 560-580 FPS then I stopped.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dairyboy
Sorry if its been covered in this thread but I don't want to go through all of it.

Has anybody tested to see how low in velocity a 14-ish grain pellet can go in one of these?

Thanks
i’m getting 774-779 with 14.3 before that plenum
796-804 after plenum with the same 14.3
no hammer spring or regulator adjustments