Tuning Umarex Notos has arrived.

65cc is for the pp750 and the outside dimensions are the same for the air cylinders and they swap. So I think it is pretty safe to say it's 65cc
20230222_203526.jpg

Allen

Reactions: LMNOP
What has everyone settled on for optics? I was going to use the iron sights to play with for a while, but they are... garbage (rear slides right out).

I threw on a Primary Arms 4-14x44 FFP that I had in the closet, but that feels insanely overkill on this little carbine. I'd like to put something lighter and more compact on it.

I went ahead and ordered a March H3x28 that @K9Air recommended in another thread, but I'm curious what everyone else is using! (I can turn this into another thread if needed).
just put on the iron sights and the rear sight has two setscrews just like the front one.. but they are through tiny holes that only line up if you adjust the rear sight all the way down.. very hard to get the Allen in the head.. they work well but for me the spacing between the fiber dots is a bit wide.. I never put the stock on.. just open sights and pistol grips.. I don't really have any option for a scope because as far as I know and seen, I have to wear reading glasses to see the cross hairs and then I can't safety walk around.. unless someone knows a scope that adjust to take the place of at least 2.5 reading glasses 🤓
Mark

Hi guys. I’m new to air rifles and am hoping to get some guidance. I just received the Notos today as I thought it would be a good beginner gun. It’s a ton of fun but I notice it’s wildly inaccurate, even as close as 10-15yards. I’m using a Sightmark Wraith Mini and attempting to zero from a table and using a sandbag. I’m curious, if my issue is pellet related? I bought some .22 pellets from Academy (local sports store), they are 14.3 grain “Benjamin Hunters”. I don’t think any of the shots have been closer than 1” apart with some not even hitting the 8x11 paper I’m using as a makeshift target. Would appreciate any advice!
you might have a defective barrel or something.. I have only shot one magazine so far and I was running out of daylight, so much that the final shot I couldn't see the rear green fiber dots on the rear sight.. I just grabbed two tins of pellets to see if they were different.. jsb 18 & the jsb redesigned heavys.. it the heaviest jsb.. anyway open sights very low light and shot with the air tube resting on the deck railing.. 5 out of 7 on a 3" spinner at 30+? yards.. not bad considering fresh out of the box, no adjustments and I didn't even run a patch through the bore yet
Mark

I tried the iron sights with it set up as a carbine (I don't have the pistol grips) and they were worthless! They sit way too low for me, and even with my cheek smashed against the stock, there was no way I could align the front and rear sight. They probably work well with it configured as a pistol, but won't if it's configured as a carbine. I really think the iron sights and pistol grips should have been included in the package, or if sold separately, be sold together as a kit to convert it to a pistol. Selling the sights alone with no warning that they really don't work on the carbine is kinda misleading.

I tried the iron sights with it set up as a carbine (I don't have the pistol grips) and they were worthless! They sit way too low for me, and even with my cheek smashed against the stock, there was no way I could align the front and rear sight. They probably work well with it configured as a pistol, but won't if it's configured as a carbine. I really think the iron sights and pistol grips should have been included in the package, or if sold separately, be sold together as a kit to convert it to a pistol. Selling the sights alone with no warning that they really don't work on the carbine is kinda misleading.
I would think the orons best sutied in pistol form. And ya, ive said it maybe here that it all should be sold ad a full kit with sights snd grips included.. then i guess thats there eay of nickel and dime you out of a few bucks (+shipping)🤤. Oh well it seems a fun gun at a decent pricing for today.. not much negativity on it really if any at all .

Plastic Pickatinne rail! I question the durability. How are they holding up?
The price point looks good, has anybody got them in stock? Too soon to look for used in the classified?
Looks like excellent accuracy at close range, what happen at 50 yds and beyond?
My Bugbuster has been mounted for a month and I have had zero movement of the mounts. As long as you don't over tighten anything I don't see any problem with the plastic rails.

I've been clapping starlings and sparrows out 35+ yards out. The only issue I have is the relatively low muzzle velocity. 700-750ish with 16-18gr pellets gives a slight amount of travel time that I don't see on my faster guns. I've had some birds Matrix dodge my pellets at longer ranges. You also have a but more drop at say 50 yards as well. Once you know your distances it can land shots at long range. Would not be my first choice for more than 35 yards though.

Reactions: pnwairgunner
My Bugbuster has been mounted for a month and I have had zero movement of the mounts. As long as you don't over tighten anything I don't see any problem with the plastic rails.

I've been clapping starlings and sparrows out 35+ yards out. The only issue I have is the relatively low muzzle velocity. 700-750ish with 16-18gr pellets gives a slight amount of travel time that I don't see on my faster guns. I've had some birds Matrix dodge my pellets at longer ranges. You also have a but more drop at say 50 yards as well. Once you know your distances it can land shots at long range. Would not be my first choice for more than 35 yards though.
I like the “matrix dodge” excuse, stellar, will use that one at some point. Does it apply to inanimate objects, if so, I get ”dodged” alot.🙀

The price point looks good, has anybody got them in stock? Too soon to look for used in the classified?
Anymore a good made synthetic is as tough as aluminum . Then its not like your hammering on it like say if a springer .

40 yrds. Is as far as I go, groups deteriorate very quickly past 40, my backyard range is 31-38yrds, so its suits me fine. I'm getting 1/2" groups with some fliers shooting crosman HP. I can live with that.

Buy this gun with intentions of less than 40yrds and be happy. Past that and your just lobbing pellets that have slowed to under 700fps greatly affected by wind and your skills. This is not a 50 yrd shooter, sure you can hit a beer can at 50, I will jump where ever you hit it. A live critter will run or fly away with less than lethal hits.

I removed the barrel on my Notos and one of the two o-rings was cut in half. Does anyone know what size it is? Thanks!
My barrel o-rings also got mangled when I removed the barrel. Best I can tell from measuring the fragments of the originals is
1mm thick and 10mm inside diameter.
I did not have any that size to replace them and I’ve temporarily used a softer oring that fits when stretched over the barrel. De-bur all sharp edges with sandpaper before reassembly and use a good grease to help it slide without cutting the new o rings.

Buy this gun with intentions of less than 40yrds and be happy. Past that and your just lobbing pellets that have slowed to under 700fps greatly affected by wind and your skills. This is not a 50 yrd shooter, sure you can hit a beer can at 50, I will jump where ever you hit it. A live critter will run or fly away with less than lethal hits.
I also agree that 40 yards and under would be optimal for the Notos, but I wouldn’t discount it’s lethality at longer ranges. In countries where 12 fpe is the maximum power level allowed hunters are still taking game with their pellet guns.

Reactions: LONESTAR .25
I also agree that 40 yards and under would be optimal for the Notos, but I wouldn’t discount it’s lethality at longer ranges. In countries where 12 fpe is the maximum power level allowed hunters are still taking game with their pellet guns.
A Notos owner recounted in a post to me that he took a dove at 70 yards with his… I dare venture to say that it will depend on the shooters skills. To determine “how far” they can shoot their Notos, one guy might not be able to hit a “barn” at 30 yards🙀. The next guy is hitting golf ball sized objects out to 50-60 yards! Talking about plinking and targets. Live quarry? That’s up to the shooter pertaining to their max distance with any gun to engage any particular critter. Looking forward to hearing more from Notos shooters.

Finally, I'm one of the kool kids now, my Notos has arrived!! It came 10 minutes before dark so only had time to air it up ( took all of less than one minute from 0 to 3600 with my compressor) fill the mag, and shoot three or four shots into the dirt to make sure it was working. More to come... Thanks again to all who have gone before me for the education on making this a great airgun :)

I know this is true of other air guns, but since this is my first foray into PCPs (and modern AGs in general), I wanted to emphasize how quiet and indoor friendly it is. Shooting 10m indoors at a mulch pellet trap, I would equate the noise level to less than a novel dropping onto a table. With the ease of shooting, my form has improved WAY faster than any of my time sitting behind a powder burner.

I'm really enjoying the Notos.