Tuning Umarex Notos has arrived.

I will comment that it seems the Notos trigger does have a break-in period for wear. It is getting better with time after about 200 rounds either I have gotten more used to it or it has broken in to become less strenuous to overcome the second stage.
4RGL.gif

Allen

It's been a while since I've been on here and posted anything. I stepped away from airguns for a few months yo concentrate on other hobbies.
But I just got on a Notos and out of box first impression is" I like it". Seems to be a well made , sturdy, compact lightweight carbine.
No time to shoot it yet but will as soon as weather breaks. Very similar in size and weight to my grandsons Prod.
20230131_211317.jpg

So I wonder how the Notos compares to the Kral NP-03 in build quality and accuracy?
I chose the Notos simple because it's regulated! And it's accuracy is outstanding so far. Took one mag to zero the scope and then shot two more mags in the same hole at 25 yards with Hades! Supposed to climb out of this deep freeze we're in here in Michigan next week so I'll be able to do more testing then but seems to be well worth the $260 price tag!
James from Michigan

Last edited:
Finally shot mine tonight. This is fresh out of the box. No adjustments. 18 gr jsb 725 fps, 15.89 gr JSB 765 fps and Crosman 14.3 UM 795 fps. It was most accurate with 16 gr jsb at 35 yards and was stacking them pretty good. Considering it was cold as heck and I was standing against garage door. I filled it to 3600 and got 21 shots 761 to 771 fps with the 16 gr jsb. Looks like it will be a good bird pesting gun. Just need to lighten trigger yet and it's ready to go.

I ordered two additional magazines from AGD and I noticed the magazine bodies are metal not plastic. That is really impressive to only be $20. I am used to the $90+ Daystate magazine cost for my Pulsar and Renegade. I am very pleased with my Notos.
I ordered the large carm mag. To me the factory mags kinda suck. I also ordered a single loader too. Hopefully that will be easier to load than constantly putting the pellet in backwards. 🙄

Allen

Last edited:
I chose the Notos simple because it's regulated! And it's accuracy is outstanding so far. Took one mag to zero the scope and then shot two more mags in the same hole at 25 yards with Hades! Supposed to climb out of this deep freeze we're in here in Michigan next week so I'll be able to do more testing then but seems to be well worth the $260 price tag!
James from Michigan

So I wonder how the Notos compares to the Kral NP-03 in build quality and accuracy?
I asked the same question about comparing the Notos and Kral NP03.
Nobody answered.

I don't think you can compare the 2.
The Kral NP03 would win if you want shot count (180 cc tank) or power or accuracy at longer ranges.

Even the length of the NP03 is about the same as the Notos.
The Notos has a glued in moderator and a stock attached with 4 screws.
The Notos is about 2 pounds lighter, and that is probably the only advantage over the NP03.

I have a PP750 in 177 and would consider it a nice plinker at short ranges (up to 30 yards or so).

I have an NP03 in .22 which is accurate (with 1.5" spinners) at 60 yards.

Reactions: PGinsandiego
I tell you what, that notos barrel is something else. You can put it any gun with same od and that gun will shoot I love my notos I bought a second one I also love my jet 2 but the barrel quality is sub par and to be completely honest I paid 350 for the jet2 and 250 for 2nd notos by putting the notos barrel in her it’s lights out!

image.jpg

Very happy, had a chance to head out to the lake house and give it a chance at 40 yards at 45 degrees F ambient. 14.3gr CPDs. Great shot placement. Below is from FX chrony, 3 magazines, 21 rounds.

Shot count: 21
Low: 761
Hi: 768
Avg: 765
Spread: 7
STD Dev: 2.4

I ordered the large carm mag. To me the factory mags kinda suck. I also ordered a single loader too. Hopefully that will be easier to load than constantly putting the pellet in backwards. 🙄

Allen
Did you not get the single shot tray with your Notos? What do you mean by constantly having to put the pellets in backwards?

Very happy, had a chance to head out to the lake house and give it a chance at 40 yards at 45 degrees F ambient. 14.3gr CPDs. Great shot placement. Below is from FX chrony, 3 magazines, 21 rounds.

Shot count: 21
Low: 761
Hi: 768
Avg: 765
Spread: 7
STD Dev: 2.4
The shot string looks good if you hunt.

But I plink therefore I am :)
The Notos seems to be a great plinker.

I need accuracy not power !
I need shot count not power !

How accurate was the Notos at 40 yards ?

Reactions: LMNOP and CharlieF
How accurate was the Notos at 40 yards ?
Good enough the lake kitty enjoyed a meal ;) One squirrel at 20 yards, an evil birdie at 30 yards, and another evil birdy at 40 yards. Shot freehand with a lean. Wind was wild here but I was hitting where I was aiming.

21 shots and around 2000 PSI you drop off the reg.

Reactions: pnwairgunner