Tuning Umarex Notos has arrived.

Awesome thank you boomstrike for the info!! I did take off the barrel, you’ll need a 2 mm Allen key!
Wait so there is only bolt and it's the bolt that also holds the picatinny rail on?

Screenshot_20230123_185348_Gallery.jpg

This one? Maybe I did not pull hard enough?

Allen

Last edited:
There is the bolt that holds on the pic rail then a 2 mm grub screw under it that holds the barrel.
OMG! Here I was looking for another hole and grub screw! Same hole! And I even looked as hard as I could in there the first time! 🤪

20230123_214232.jpg

Boy this is a funky way of doing it. Those o-rings are so thin!

PLEASE NOTE: the barrel is not keyed in any way and the set scew is full of locktite. Mark for ease of reassembly and use heat as necessary for removal to prevent rounding of set screw.

Allen

Last edited:
Reactions: pnwairgunner
Oh wow, duh, so. This is the length of the .177 barrel...

20230123_222048.jpg

This is the shroud on.

20230123_222139.jpg

The moderator adaptor threads onto the shroud not the barrel.

There is a centering cone inside the .177 shroud. But the problem is the base of the Notos is a bushing not threaded.

20230123_223251.jpg

Which is funny because the Notos shroud is threaded AND will swap out with the pp750! 🤪

20230123_223643.jpg

Allen

Last edited:
Hi

This is mine converted PP750. It is shortened by 5CM and has the shroud of a PP700SA.
The open sights are from LPA and are fully ajustable.
Carm magazine and home made laminate grips.

Does make 26,5 Joules with H&N Baracuda .22, Total of 12 shots.View attachment 326130View attachment 326131
Nice.. that lpa has the stuff..

I was looking over a better option on that rear sight / kit as well .. what spa put on is kinda lame . Honestly the biggest turn off of the whole pistol..lol
Like why make a nice pistol and put some silly lame'o sight on it to start?

These are basically my guns to shoot in the yard and play with. I have my range guns that I shoot to 300 yards. It's the reason I would like to be able to change the moderator. It is a bit loud for me and loud compared to my other .22s

Allen
I have been saying for a while that the Notox moderator should be removable.
Apparently to remove the moderator you need to destroy it and also destroy the plastic tube/shroud around the barel.
This is the only reason I decided not to buy a Notos for now.

I have been saying for a while that the Notox moderator should be removable.
Apparently to remove the moderator you need to destroy it and also destroy the plastic tube/shroud around the barel.
This is the only reason I decided not to buy a Notos for now.

There's gonna be at least a few people here placing late night orders on that Evanix Viper for $1000 after we've had a few stout beverages.

And the next morning figuring out how to spin that purchase with the wife.

I hope I haven't outed myself. But yes the nonremovable moderator that adds several inches is a no-go for me.

Oh wow, duh, so. This is the length of the .177 barrel...

View attachment 326123

This is the shroud on.

View attachment 326124

The moderator adaptor threads onto the shroud not the barrel.

There is a centering cone inside the .177 shroud. But the problem is the base of the Notos is a bushing not threaded.

View attachment 326125

Which is funny because the Notos shroud is threaded AND will swap out with the pp750! 🤪

View attachment 326126

Allen
I hope someone is going to capitalize on these shortcomings and offer some nice upgrade parts for the Notos. I’d definitely be in to buy an aluminum top rail/ quad rail similar to what they make for the ataman pistols… and a threaded barrel with front and rear bushings.
3717FE63-7386-4837-81FF-B0FBF02A6261.jpeg

These are basically my guns to shoot in the yard and play with. I have my range guns that I shoot to 300 yards. It's the reason I would like to be able to change the moderator. It is a bit loud for me and loud compared to my other .22s

Allen
I have a PP750 on the backyard duty, and one thing I hate about is the wire stock. A PP750 with a Notos stock would be perfect, lol.

I can tell you guys the fit and finish is real good for $260 bucks, I’m gonna do some porting and hopefully Wes from air gun archery I think it is will have the plenums soon back in stock great budget gun. I have the jet 2 it is nice but my accuracy is horrible I’ve tried everything it seems hit and miss on that one. Some love it and some get shot gun groups like me.