Tuning Umarex Notos has arrived.

If you put a 50mm objective lens on it you’ll definitely want to get high mounts. I put a 6.5x20x42 scope on mine initially to shoot some groups with but it seemed to really take away from the handiness of the little gun. Don’t overlook the Bugbuster as an option for pesting. It’s compact and it matches up well with the Notos.
Great advice and thank you. Currently torn between hawke 3-12x50 IR and the bug buster, I can get the hawke for a great price with edu discount so figured another $40 would get me an even better scope!

I actually got a used “like new” bugbuster from Amazon for $80 (total steal) but it was literally just the scope in the box lol. No rings, manual or the cardboard piece that holds it. Glass looks okay but I’m prob just gonna return anyway. I guess I could get the high rings and play with the bugbuster for a few weeks and enjoy my rental period? ☺️

Great advice and thank you. Currently torn between hawke 3-12x50 IR and the bug buster, I can get the hawke for a great price with edu discount so figured another $40 would get me an even better scope!

I actually got a used “like new” bugbuster from Amazon for $80 (total steal) but it was literally just the scope in the box lol. No rings, manual or the cardboard piece that holds it. Glass looks okay but I’m prob just gonna return anyway. I guess I could get the high rings and play with the bugbuster for a few weeks and enjoy my rental period? ☺️
Here’s a link for the model I have. I bought a couple and glad I did. Side focus is great. It comes with a metal sunshade and the quick detach rings that I used on the Notos.

Kinda bummed I don’t think you can remove the barrel because of the moderator because it appears to be staked in. Also the shroud covers the bolts that air cylinder block. Does any one have any ideas how to remove the block at least with out damaging the plastic shroud.

34C6F709-C02C-4666-8049-7DD5D135FCD0.jpeg

18E42D58-D8E7-4545-91DE-3E2BFAFCD4CA.jpeg

I believe that you’d remove the screw on top that holds the top rail on the barrel and then you can unscrew the barrel…? Maybe. I’ve watched a video showing the disassembly of a pp750 and that’s how it looks to me.
I’ll share a link to it. Maybe I’ll go try to take my barrel off.
*** EDIT I just tried removing the screw and unthreading the barrel but it just free spins with no noticeable effect.

Last edited:
Right! I don’t see how you can remove it with out destroying it. I was gonna do some porting today but that looks like it’s not gonna happen.
I’m going to wait for you to give in to your temptations and then after you tear it all apart I can learn from your adventure. Hahahaha!

Definitely have to have a closer look at the moderator because that’s the problem with barrel removal. Have to some how figure out how to remove that pin! Lol pnwairgunner I put her back together after I couldn’t remove the mod she’s way to much fun to shoot. I did have a confirmed kill last night at 21 yards with the hades on a rabbit in my yard one shot one kill.

Reactions: pnwairgunner
Took the hammer spring and striker out today to see what it looked like inside. It was pretty clean but I wiped everything down with a silicone rag anyway. Played with hammer spring tension and found that it’s best set at about 3/4 of a turn back from full tension. No more fps is gained and it’s wasting air and making more noise.
View attachment 321175View attachment 321176I used my ears and my FX chronograph to get back to the perfect spot it started out at, but I think a person could pretty much set it without a chronograph just by listening to the shot noise. Set it to full and take a shot, decrease tension some more and take another shot, when you hit the sweet spot there’s practically no noise. Just a muted CHUFF sound.
Hmm. Just looking at this makes me think a very good portion of this gun is PP750. But you guys mention it was a 2 stage trigger. On mine it is only one stage after you cock it. Did you happen to take the side cover off the handle and taken a picture? I notice nobody complained about the heavy trigger did they machine these better, have some type of better coating or are they still a little vague and a bit sticky?

Allen

Is it normal for the gun to show up completely empty or do I have a leak to find? I recently purchased 2 Fortitudes and they both arrived filled.
Anytime I’ve ordered a Benjamin product and it has arrived empty it has had a leak to deal with, (usually the gauge needed tightened) so I was expecting a leak when my Notos arrived empty but it did not have a leak.

Reactions: DanOSTL
Hmm. Just looking at this makes me think a very good portion of this gun is PP750. But you guys mention it was a 2 stage trigger. On mine it is only one stage after you cock it. Did you happen to take the side cover off the handle and taken a picture? I notice nobody complained about the heavy trigger did they machine these better, have some type of better coating or are they still a little vague and a bit sticky?

Allen
I’ve made a couple adjustments on the trigger screw but it’s by no means a fine trigger. I dont have experience with the 750 but I’d wager it’s the same vague trigger you are familiar with already. It is usable and that’s about it.

I am not buying an airgun with a non removable moderator, especially from Umarex which has a pretty bad customer service reputation,

A few years ago I bought a Gamo Urban (which has a permanently attached moderator) and I will never buy an air gun like that ever again.

Some people state that the moderator is very quiet and does not have to be removable.

My neighbors are 20 feet away.
What's quiet for your may be too loud for me.

Last edited:
I am not buying an airgun with a non removable moderator, especially from Umarex which has a pretty bad customer service reputation,

A few years ago I bought a Gamo Urban (which has a permanently attached moderator) and I will never buy an air gun like that ever again.

Some people state that the moderator is very quiet and does not have to be removable.

My neighbors are 20 feet away.
What's quiet for your may be too loud for me.
Indeed it isnt for everyone, but you haven’t heard it yet yourself and already suspect it’s too loud? I like things quiet too and I was pleasantly surprised by it. Would I prefer the moderator to be removable? Heck yes. But at this price it seems like a heck of a value all the way around.
I can’t speak to their customer service as I’ve never used it. I’ll take your word for it, but I typically void any warranty an airgun has anyway within a couple days of owning it by disassembling it and eventually modifying it in some way, so I’m ultimately my own service dept.
I’m looking forward to plenty of people getting themselves one of these so someone will start making cool aftermarket stuff for it.