Tuning Umarex Notos has arrived.

I got mine back from Firewalker and got to take it out for some fun with the nephews and they had a blast with it. We were shooting at some 1" & 2" spinners at 46 yards away and was too easy sitting so we were having fun trying to shoot the spinners standing with no support. The little gun does great and with all the add-ons it is not heavy, you feel the difference but it is perfectly fine. When it was stock it was almost too light like a toy.

Firewalker installed the drop block and bottle, Milled the moderator off and crown end of barrel and a little trigger work on it. He did a great job and could not be happier with his work and his quick turn around time in completing the work. Do not hesitate sending your air gun to him to work on, he does a great job with a quick turn around.

I added the buck rail conversion kit with the UTG side folder and a universal Saber Tactical picatinny to arca rail so I can place on a tripod if I want. Oh and a 0db 110 moderator on it.

For the UTG side folder, it was a little wobbly/play to it when it was closed and extended so I threaded the hole that was in the middle of the adapter piece and placed a screw in there with some Loctite to make it solid, pic below.

For the Saber Tactical rail, I just used 3/4 spiral flute drill bit to drill out one of the bottom slits in the rail to allow the air connecter to fit for airing up.

Notos 01.jpg

Notos 02.jpg

Chad

Those 17.6g Normas are pretty decent. For whatever reason my particular Notos doesn’t like the 15.9g…at all lol.

I opted for the pre-cut lengths because I prefer coil ends to be squared or squared-ground for consistency and reduced chance of buckling (messed with a lot of springs in my rc car racing days).

I just put the softer 1.0 x 9mm x 50 spring with 10mm of spacers back in a will do a string with that and post the raw data.
mine doesn’t like anything between 14.3 and 18.1 either.. weird. it loves 18.1 up to 25 gr. i’ve even shot 34 grain at 520 f/sec but its too slow for my taste.

He has the wrong grip for the Buck Rail Conversion kit
I have my own grip on it. That one had the tang removed to once fit on a Maverick. It’s the same grip I use on my patrol rifle. It’s something know well. When it comes to form of function, I choose function. It doesn’t cause any grip issues.

Reactions: Shaky2
Getting closer to the pistol I want from the Notos. Note the bright white marks, this is where I want to cut her down to.

View attachment 420799
I think is looks good as is now too.

What did you do to it:
-removed shroud
-threaded barrel for a moderator
-???

I think I could shoot mine an as a pistol by just adding the pistol grips.

Reactions: Firewalker
The polymer piece that is the buck rail grip isn’t the best fit where the stock threads in. The castle nut just doesn’t do a great job since the threads don’t lock in very well. This is what I am trying. So far, seems good. It doesn’t get in my way

BOTTEN 2pcs 1" Stainless Steel T-Bolt Hose Clamps - Clamp Range 32-37mm for 1 Hose ID (Black) - Durable and Reliable Hose Clamps for Secure Connections" https://a.co/d/caIWEIN

IMG_2089.jpeg

IMG_2091.jpeg

IMG_2090.jpeg

My Notos journey has had so many twists and turns that are all my fault haha

I lost a part when I installed the plenum, I’m having to step back from the plenum to use the barrel I bought from firewalker.

A member was able to help me out with the piece I’m missing. AGN members are great!

All my PP700SA stuff is well organized in one place. That was before my son was born. I bought the Notos after my son arrived, now it’s chaos. I need to slow the F down and keep my system going.

Last edited:
For those who want to install double tank on the Notos, this is how I did mine. Just remember that this is on the high pressure side, so make sure to use ASTM rated material. The tank thread is M28x1.0 mm. I like to single point thread for this application, same as the barrel thread to make sure it is concentric to the center line. This way both tanks are match and seamless. You can just copy the dimensions from your end cap and make it back to back so it seals on both tank. Original bore hole was 16 mm, I made mine 18 mm bore to gain some CC. I still have over 2.5 mm wall thickness under the O-ring grove, plenty strong for this pressure.

View attachment 379446

View attachment 379447

View attachment 379448

View attachment 379449

View attachment 379450
What is the outer diameter? I heard 32mm