Tuning Umarex Notos has arrived.

I’ve got the Monstrum Marksman 5X coming. I think Empty-tin was looking at the older version of the Marksman 5X. This one is supposed to have 5.5-6” eye relief and “close” parallax. We’ll see.
Can you please share a link to the "new" one? Would consider it if it is really improved over the one from Amazon but this one says improved etc "Built atop our all-new Ultracompakt prism optic assembly - 27% shorter and 23% lighter than our previous generation prism scopes"

But then has bad reviews as I said. Good thing is it has a $30 off coupon currently.

Looks like it’s the “new” offering. It’ll go back if not pretty nice. Just wanted to try one. I’ve got a couple nice scopes for the gun already. Just wanted to experience a prism scope. Time will tell.
Yeah I would love the light weight of a red dot but wanted magnification. Prism at 5x sounds perfect especially for $100. Let us know if those bad reviews don't know what they're talking about!

Also I emailed the ebay seller for the Avenger double magazine holder since I liked mine so much and requested he make some for the Notos.

He did! Here is the listing:

I also told him that lots of us use that 12 shot CARM magazine and he says he will order a CARM and make a holder for that too! Since CARM is on vacation til tomorrow and I don't know how long it will take to make the 3D file etc it may be a bit for the CARM holder but the OEM holder is out now.
Hey guys the guy who makes the other mag holder just posted his listing for the 12 shot Carm mags! He said since the mags aren't metal or a strong sided design like the Avenger he had to re do the design of the holder. But it looks like it'll work to me!

Hey guys the guy who makes the other mag holder just posted his listing for the 12 shot Carm mags! He said since the mags aren't metal or a strong sided design like the Avenger he had to re do the design of the holder. But it looks like it'll work to me!

That’s really cool.

Reactions: EmptyTin_Tim
I followed what Kevin did:

View attachment 362282
@Firewalker So What's going on in this photo? Is that an additional 3D printed moderator affixed to the factory moderator? I've been loosely following this gun this year and I like some of what I've been reading about it. I'm still not too familiar with it though. I've found some decent info on how to install the moderator from post #s 490, 512, 530, but where'd you get the moderator?

Last edited:
Reactions: Firewalker
@pnwairgunner I haven't read through the entire lengthy thread, but how has your Notos held up long-term? Is there a specific page and/or post number I should start reading in the event that you've already covered the answer to my question earlier in this thread?
It’s held up great, actually just bought another one last week from pyramyd with the Umarex 20% off sale.
Notos’ are:
Quiet.
Accurate.
Lightweight.
And there is a blossoming aftermarket community for further customization.
If you buy one just go ahead and order a couple CARM magazines for it. The factory magazines stink.
The Notos is developing quite the following for good reason. You need to check one out. You’ll probably be hooked.

@pnwairgunner I'm not a fan of the brand, but I've been in and out of some of the Notos threads for months. I like some of the reports on the utility of this rifle. I also like some of the modifications. I'm wondering how the build quality will hold up long term. I may have to give it a go eventually. Thanks for the tip about the mags.

@Firewalker So What's going on in this photo? Is that an additional 3D printed moderator affixed to the factory moderator? I've been loosely following this gun this year and I like some of what I've been reading about it. I'm still not too familiar with it though. I've found some decent info on how to install the moderator from post #s 490, 512, 530, but where'd you get the moderator?

Go back and look for the drawings, the moderator insert design and the printing were both done by members here.

The "extension" is a full length moderator insert with 8 baffles, it has a 62dB report at 10' with CPHP's.

It may be long but the sparrows in the pole barn don't all fly around when I zero on of thier kin.

Well for S and Gs I put the notos barrel on the jet 2. Whoa!!!! I tested 2 mags with jsb 18.13 with a cheap red dot i hate red dots since I need magnification but I think I’m gonna get another notos just to be a notos and leave the barrel on the jet 2. It appears the barrel I got was bad!! Form hatsan. I need to re test with a better scope.

View attachment 327924

View attachment 327925

View attachment 327926
Does the barrel tranfer easily? Or is it more than just taking it off and attaching it to the jet?

I’m a little late to the party and want to thank you all for sharing information about the Notos. This thing is a nice little package.

I never got the included magazine to load smoothly, even after cleaning, smoothing edges, dremel work, and even swapping the clear part from a Diana magazine. Looks like a carm/maple magazine order will be placed soon.

Trigger work included rounding and polishing grub screws along with polishing the sear and hammer, pin shimming, as well as replacing the spring with a lighter one. Definitely not Prod good but after a bunch of twidling, is good enough.

Going for a few more shots per fill and not wanting to cut the original hammer spring, I replaced it with a 50mm x 9mm x 1mm spring along with 10mm worth of 5x9mm bushings from the rc car stash. That substantially increased the shot count before dropping of the reg and still produced what seems like a healthy amount of power. No chrony data since it went belly up

As for accuracy, this thing semi-stacks CPHP pellets at 10m with the usual flier because CPHP do CPHP things Moved out to 20m and the CPHP started to open up a bit. Swapped to 5.52mm H&N FTT 14.66 and was much better. Attached is a picture of groups with FTTs off a rest and bag at 20m.

Here’s a link to the shorte/lighter springs I used for the hammer:

70C6DECB-9324-4759-B174-4A276B76231B.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Firewalker