• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Umarex Notos has arrived.

Thought I would share some chrony data of my unmolested Notos. My plan is to try and adjust the hammer spring to see if I can get anything better

First 18 shots
VelocityFPEPSI
753​
3625​
750​
17.9RifleUmarex Notos
751​
17.9Projectile Grain14.3
749​
3000​
Pellet NameCrosman 14.3 Dome
748​
17.8Average748.7058824
745​
17.6SD Dev2.338928865
754​
18.1ES9
748​
745​
748​
2500​
748​
749​
748​
748​
749​
747​
748​
2000​

Shot it down to 1500

VelocityFPEPSI
753​
3625​
750​
17.9RifleUmarex Notos
751​
17.9Projectile Grain14.3
749​
3000​
Pellet NameCrosman 14.3 Dome
748​
17.8Average733.8076923
745​
17.6SD Dev25.06315101
754​
18.1ES84
748​
745​
748​
2500​
748​
749​
748​
748​
749​
747​
748​
2000​
740​
731​
727​
16.8Started impacting left
714​
705​
697​
688​
679​
14.6Dropped below
670​
1500​

I like the handguard! Personally don't see a need for the AR kit but the handguard I will likely get
I just got the hand guard a few days ago, and installed it on my Notos along with an MLOK Arca-Swiss adapter to hook it up to my tripod. I had to file a bit of the plastic away on the hand guard for the MLOK t-nuts to fit correctly, but that’s expected with a 3D print.

It’s nicely built and is held together with Allen screws and brass inserts, so no worries about stripping anything. It holds pretty solid too.

One caveat though is the lower plate’s MLOK holes are in a 2x2 configuration, so it’ll hold a 3” MLOK plate in either the frontward or rearward position. Centering the plate on the hand guard isn’t possible.

I’ll post some photos when I get a chance. I’m on a break from my wife’s Sunday honey-do list at the moment, lol.

Reactions: pnwairgunner
I just got the hand guard a few days ago, and installed it on my Notos along with an MLOK Arca-Swiss adapter to hook it up to my tripod. I had to file a bit of the plastic away on the hand guard for the MLOK t-nuts to fit correctly, but that’s expected with a 3D print.

It’s nicely built and is held together with Allen screws and brass inserts, so no worries about stripping anything. It holds pretty solid too.

One caveat though is the lower plate’s MLOK holes are in a 2x2 configuration, so it’ll hold a 3” MLOK plate in either the frontward or rearward position. Centering the plate on the hand guard isn’t possible.

I’ll post some photos when I get a chance. I’m on a break from my wife’s Sunday honey-do list at the moment, lol.
I'm happy with mine. I installed a BCM forend grip to push against the window sill I pest from.

Review of Full Notos Kit.
20231003_183454.jpg
20231003_183548.jpg

The folding adapter OD thread height was shorter than the normal buffer tube threads (or they weren't deep enough/notos receiver ID slightly bigger?) so it was not as tight as I would like. Tried Teflon tape to tighten up tolerances but obviously that made it more slick and either way I couldn't get the lock ring to tighten without the adapter jumping threads in the printed receiver making it crooked. Also the folder has a hole when folded and probably would need enlarged in order to access the hammer spring adjuster screw when folded, you could get a long 1/4 driver through maybe.

I made it fold right since notos cocks on left so it can be folded and use my laser and shoot as a big pistol. Probably would work well if it were tighter threads.

All that had me take off the folder but with normal solid buffer it is great, very solid! (Sorry no photo). No folder does shorten it enough that buck rail is right in that you'd want the 308 tube, I just ordered a butt pad to get more LOP coming tomorrow.

Also my hand guard was a little loose like side to side play but I do have the plenum kit installed so maybe something with that caused the fit difference. I put some grip tape stuff in between and it's better. No issue with installing his mlok picatinny rail, the longest one he offers on bottom. I do like the handguard for my big hands it fills it better plus the benefit of the rail for a bipod.

With big hands I am really not a fan of the k grip that came with the kit. It will work but it's short and skinny. I like the more vertical angle than oem though. Obviously you can put whatever grip on you want. Just reviewing as is.

Downside is the buffer tube screws in right over where HS screw is so not accessible with tube on and then there are 2 screws that hold on the printed receiver and one of them is also in there by the hs under the buffer. So gonna be hard to adjust stuff with stock on but once all set up it'll be fine.

Overall it makes the notos personalizable especially when buck rail comes out with flat dark earth but best part is the handguard I'd say.

Review of Full Notos Kit.
View attachment 397076View attachment 397077

The folding adapter OD thread height was shorter than the normal buffer tube threads (or they weren't deep enough/notos receiver ID slightly bigger?) so it was not as tight as I would like. Tried Teflon tape to tighten up tolerances but obviously that made it more slick and either way I couldn't get the lock ring to tighten without the adapter jumping threads in the printed receiver making it crooked. Also the folder has a hole when folded and probably would need enlarged in order to access the hammer spring adjuster screw when folded, you could get a long 1/4 driver through maybe.

I made it fold right since notos cocks on left so it can be folded and use my laser and shoot as a big pistol. Probably would work well if it were tighter threads.

All that had me take off the folder but with normal solid buffer it is great, very solid! (Sorry no photo). No folder does shorten it enough that buck rail is right in that you'd want the 308 tube, I just ordered a butt pad to get more LOP coming tomorrow.

Also my hand guard was a little loose like side to side play but I do have the plenum kit installed so maybe something with that caused the fit difference. I put some grip tape stuff in between and it's better. No issue with installing his mlok picatinny rail, the longest one he offers on bottom. I do like the handguard for my big hands it fills it better plus the benefit of the rail for a bipod.

With big hands I am really not a fan of the k grip that came with the kit. It will work but it's short and skinny. I like the more vertical angle than oem though. Obviously you can put whatever grip on you want. Just reviewing as is.

Downside is the buffer tube screws in right over where HS screw is so not accessible with tube on and then there are 2 screws that hold on the printed receiver and one of them is also in there by the hs under the buffer. So gonna be hard to adjust stuff with stock on but once all set up it'll be fine.

Overall it makes the notos personalizable especially when buck rail comes out with flat dark earth but best part is the handguard I'd say.
It makes it permanent, but maybe epoxy the loose pieces. JB Weld probably. Mine kit will arrive this week

It makes it permanent, but maybe epoxy the loose pieces. JB Weld probably. Mine kit will arrive this week
Good idea but once you get your kit you'll see why I can't glue the folding adapter in. One of the two screws that holds the grip adapter/receiver on to the "upper" is under the part I would be gluing. You could never get it off meaning you could never get the trigger group out or the hammer / spring out.

Or adjust the hammer spring (unless you enlarge the hole I guess)

Good idea but once you get your kit you'll see why I can't glue the folding adapter in. One of the two screws that holds the grip adapter/receiver on to the "upper" is under the part I would be gluing. You could never get it off meaning you could never get the trigger group out or the hammer / spring out.

Or adjust the hammer spring (unless you enlarge the hole I guess)
Thanks. Maybe I’ll order some of this stuff

IMG_9965.png

Have you found that it is any more quiet with an attached moderator?
I have the Buck Rail tapered and non tapered ldc and the non tapered is quieter. I need to get my dB meter out to know for sure. It makes it sound different. The stock permanent ldc is actually pretty good but I like my removable one, lots easier to clean barrel and also makes it smaller for bringing along.

Reactions: Florida_Man
I have the Buck Rail tapered and non tapered ldc and the non tapered is quieter. I need to get my dB meter out to know for sure. It makes it sound different. The stock permanent ldc is actually pretty good but I like my removable one, lots easier to clean barrel and also makes it smaller for bringing along.
That's good. I thought I ordered my kit last week, but evidently I didn't submit it. I ordered over the weekend, so my kit should be here next week.

Reactions: EmptyTin_Tim
Hi all
the prism scopes are 0 eye relief only for no recoil Application. I have a different make but it is super clear and bright. i have it on a vixen long and like it a lot
I’ve got the Monstrum Marksman 5X coming. I think Empty-tin was looking at the older version of the Marksman 5X. This one is supposed to have 5.5-6” eye relief and “close” parallax. We’ll see.