• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Umarex Notos has arrived.

the printed moderator insert printed by miksatx is functionally magical! it’s so much quieter now, i had to pull out my chrono to make sure it was still a 775-780fps slapper.. and it is! thanks mike!

i sanded the insert a little bit to lessen the glossiness. there were also some super fine printing strands inside the insert but a straw cleaning brush cleaned that up nicely. i also cleaned up the pin holes with a matching drill bit and oiled up the o-rings with silicone. removal of the pins and insert is now a breeze(easy peazy barrel cleaning. the two black zip ties are just to hold the barrel shroud still until i find a better solution. i dont know about anyone else but that tiny bit of flex from the barrel shroud was like a splinter under my nail.

i also sanded and polished the trigger adjustment screws and piston release point.trigger break wasn’t bad before but it’s truly a night and day difference after the trigger tune. it was too fun to shoot so i procrastinated on the trigger tune till now. 😆 no regrets!

2C15F03F-C3E0-4D5B-9AB3-780E383C974C.jpeg

image.jpg

Reactions: AmosBurton
For those who want to install double tank on the Notos, this is how I did mine. Just remember that this is on the high pressure side, so make sure to use ASTM rated material. The tank thread is M28x1.0 mm. I like to single point thread for this application, same as the barrel thread to make sure it is concentric to the center line. This way both tanks are match and seamless. You can just copy the dimensions from your end cap and make it back to back so it seals on both tank. Original bore hole was 16 mm, I made mine 18 mm bore to gain some CC. I still have over 2.5 mm wall thickness under the O-ring grove, plenty strong for this pressure.

View attachment 379446

View attachment 379447

View attachment 379448

View attachment 379449

View attachment 379450
so where do i get one of these cylinder extension tubes and adapter?

Reactions: markhooper
This thread has become mostly useless.
The few here, who want to sell Notos related mods, please do it in the classifieds.

Those of you with lathes, your mods are irrelevant to the 99.9 of the people without them.

To the moderators, please make a forum for the guys with lathes so they can brag there and stop antagonizing the rest of us.
not to me. lol 😎

I too like to read and see all these mods. It’s very interesting even when the mod isn’t something I’d personally do to my own gun. Like the double tube thing. That’s pretty cool and I can appreciate those that can do that. I just wouldn’t go that direction with my Notos myself.

Not that I could do most of these mods myself anyhow. I don’t own a lathe or have the knowledge and skills to use one. I don’t really have the time either. Paying someone for their time, knowledge and skills just saves me time to spend with my family and do other things, like shoot, which I have little enough time for, so I’d rather do that.

The 3D printed inserts are interesting and tempting but like a lathe I don’t own a 3D printer nor do I have much interest in owning one.
I think I’d rather have the barrel on my Notos threaded however. I just like the idea of having a removable suppressor vs the fixed one.

I’ve also been hoping to see someone with some wood working skills pop into one of these threads. I don’t have those skills either. Lol.
I’ve been secretly hoping for an affordable wood stock option for the Notos. I’m not a big fan of AR style stocks. They work and function just fine. I just prefer the look and feel of a wooden stock over the plastic AR stocks if I can get it. The Notos was an interesting enough gun I bought it despite the AR stock.

A Rink shoulder stock for the PP750 should work on the Notos and they sure look nice. I’m just having difficulty convincing myself my $225 Notos is worthy of a $400+ walnut or laminate stock.

IMG_2322.jpeg

The Notos has a lot of what the Prod lacks yet my Prod in a Tom West stock still wins as my favorite little carbine and it’s mainly due to that wood stock. It just feels so much nicer to me to handle and shoot even with the Prods short comings.

IMG_2174.jpeg

It looks to me like Tom could easily design a butt stock to work with the Notos even if it’s just the but stock with no forearm, but I’m not sure he’d be interested in making them or not.

IMG_1473.jpeg

Just going to put this out there. Maybe it’ll inspire someone with some skills.

I was talking about the fact that thread has become mostly a chat about mods that need deep skills and lathes in the past few weeks.

By the way, many mods for the Notos are the same as the mods for the PP750 since they are mostly the same.
All the trigger mods and hammer spring mods can be found in various other PP750 threads.

The silencer insert has been posted on the gateway to air guns for free, and I cannot say how grateful I am to the author.
Does that still feel negative?
for someone new here.. yes.. makes me feel like leaving the forum.. but I'm interested in what I can learn even if I can't find it later.. fortunately I have made a good friend on the forum so I will keep reading it

Regardless as to what skill level or tooling you own, you will still benefit from the people experimenting and doing the mods. You can decide what looks useful to you and then pay someone else for their time to produce it for you.
where do I get a shorter air tube 4500psi? tried pitbull airguns and no response, I really wanted the attaman ap16 compact but between budget and the war, it's out of reach.. but I do have the notos.
please PM me if you have any ideas.
Mark

Thank you for the complements, at this stage in my life I don't want any drama. All my post are also posted on the Umarex Notos Owners group on facebook. In fact my brother George just posted my answer to the rifling twist question post somewhere above. Every is welcome to view or join us there, we only ask people not to bring negativity over. It's a fun little group focused on helping each other. Thanks again,
can you please PM me?
Mark

the printed moderator insert printed by miksatx is functionally magical! it’s so much quieter now, i had to pull out my chrono to make sure it was still a 775-780fps slapper.. and it is! thanks mike!

i sanded the insert a little bit to lessen the glossiness. there were also some super fine printing strands inside the insert but a straw cleaning brush cleaned that up nicely. i also cleaned up the pin holes with a matching drill bit and oiled up the o-rings with silicone. removal of the pins and insert is now a breeze(easy peazy barrel cleaning. the two black zip ties are just to hold the barrel shroud still until i find a better solution. i dont know about anyone else but that tiny bit of flex from the barrel shroud was like a splinter under my nail.

i also sanded and polished the trigger adjustment screws and piston release point.trigger break wasn’t bad before but it’s truly a night and day difference after the trigger tune. it was too fun to shoot so i procrastinated on the trigger tune till now. 😆 no regrets!

View attachment 379698

View attachment 379699
if you are having play in the barrel and shroud.. I had that too.. the set screw that holds the barrel in is under the screw on the top of the rail. mine was loose.. it's solid now
Mark

Has anyone come up with away to texture the pistol grip area ?
Yes... by completely replacing the lower and using a AR grip lol This is Buck Rails plan for the Notos. He will have a folding stock kit and use the AR grip on there. Link just scroll down for Notos article. I and another guy asked him in the comments why the stock is lower than the rail and he gave a good explanation there. I think with the magpul stock comb riser he offers it won't make a difference for scope height for CARM mag users.
1691762630820.png

Did some testing today at 3500psi fill jsb 18gr-

30shots at min power 720fps avg
21shots at max power 730fps avg
15shots at max power w/4mm preload 750fps avg
18shots at min power w/4mm preload 740fps

View attachment 377073

View attachment 377074
What length does that plenum add? With LDC at the end, does it end up being the same length as OEM or is it shorter? How long is your LDC? Thank you.

I have the rifle disassembled atm but I’ll take a measurement later once it’s back together
Sounds good. While your at it if it isn't a hassle could you weigh your plenum kit parts too? I am currently at 5.90 lbs all in (scope + laser/light) just wondering what it may add to my gun. I understand taking off stock mod would subtract but adding a Buck Rail LDC would add back. Lol

This thread has become mostly useless.
The few here, who want to sell Notos related mods, please do it in the classifieds.

Those of you with lathes, your mods are irrelevant to the 99.9 of the people without them.

To the moderators, please make a forum for the guys with lathes so they can brag there and stop antagonizing the rest of us.
Come on now ….. this response is a joke right ?
I for one appreciate all the info and ability …. and I didn’t feel compelled to do anything I didn’t want to do
If the guys with lathes create want, to f ing bad.

To the guys with lathes keep the mods coming.

Last edited:
That shot string is out of the box and it was OK when the PROD camne on the market around 2010.

If you want to spend a day tuning (research and plenty of shot strings over the chrony) and overfill to 3200 PSI you can get to (with CPHP 14.3 grains):
4 magazines (32 shots) at 680-715 FPS (14-16 FPE)
2 magazines (16 shots) at 750-790 FPS (18-20 FPE)

To get between tunes I need a chrony and the 1/8" hex key to adjust the hammer stroke length.
And it takes about 10 minutes to switch the tunes, and there are plenty of other tunes in between.

You also get 5-8 shots before and after that shot string if you are willing to get a higher FPS spread.

I have a PROD and have spent almost an entire day (20+ hours) tuning it.

I have a Notos and spent an hour tuning it (including cutting a hammer spring), only because I wanted higher efficiency (with slightly lower velocity).
Now with a weaker hammer spring I can get a range of 640-740 FPS with CPHP by just turning the hammer spring screw.
With the original hammer spring I was getting 760-770 FPS with CPHP.
Now I get at least 50 shots (7+ magazines) around 700 FPS.
The original spring was way too heavy and inefficient.
Howdy. Do you remember about how many coils you removed from your hammer spring? Better yet: it's post mod length?
Thanks, Brian