• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Umarex Notos has arrived.

Gentlemen,
I want to start by apologizing to anybody that find my post offensive, that is the last thing on my mind. I just thought because this is on the tuning page of the forum that this is where I should share tuning and mods. I know some like to keep things stock and that I can respect. I like to push the envelop and do experiments. This will be my last post here, more trigger time for me now,lol.

Thanks everyone and by,
please continue posting, it doesn't have to be on this posting, but your work is worthy of viewing
'nobody1' has difficulty just removing a stuck screw on a Urban,,, he needs assistance from good folks like you

Hello all, I just ordered a Notos as my first PCP last night. I have a fairly extensively modded 1377/1322 carbine that I have enjoyed, but looking forward to higher power and repeating shots without pumping in between!

After reading 35 pages of this thread today, Genob, it seems like you add a lot of useful content, sad to see you go.

Also from what I understand in reading this thread so far:
Its good to polish off the hammer, and trigger surfaces
Its good to round off the sharp bits on the trigger adjustment screw
You can cut off the original moderator and put an adapter on and install another moderator, but it takes a good bit of fiddling and the original is already pretty good.
Theres not really any major power upgrades lurking behind some over-restrictive port
Any other important items?

Well, ain't that just peachy!

One Karen flapping on after TONS of good feedback, 100% related to the OP, "Umarex Notos Just Arrived" and we loose a person with amazing mechanical skills?

Tell you what, I'm going to keep adding to this thread, I'll offer services, continue to share my work, easy ideas for everybody to tune thier guns and expand capabilities if that's what you want.

Ain't nobody1 telling me what I can post in a wide open OP!

UPCOMING: Hammer springs, TP work, plenums and guide pins!

For those who want to install double tank on the Notos, this is how I did mine. Just remember that this is on the high pressure side, so make sure to use ASTM rated material. The tank thread is M28x1.0 mm. I like to single point thread for this application, same as the barrel thread to make sure it is concentric to the center line. This way both tanks are match and seamless. You can just copy the dimensions from your end cap and make it back to back so it seals on both tank. Original bore hole was 16 mm, I made mine 18 mm bore to gain some CC. I still have over 2.5 mm wall thickness under the O-ring grove, plenty strong for this pressure.

View attachment 379446

View attachment 379447

View attachment 379448

View attachment 379449

View attachment 379450
Beauty! I need to get a new gear so I can turn metric threads!

Reactions: mandn
It’s over sprung instead cutting coils guy give me some other spring. Spring od 9.5 I’d 7mm spring thickness 1.18mm 8 coils per 25mm. What used for my hammer spring.

Great info, Mike! I've got a couple in standard sizes that just don't quite fit...

How did the new spring perform?

Reactions: mandn
Anyone know the twist rate and if it is left/right hand twist of a stock Notos barrel? Trying to set up Strelok. Thanks!
Still looking for an answer on stock barrel twist rate and if left or right if you guys don't mind helping out posting in between the coolest Notos mods I've seen.
These mods you guys do are making me want a lathe....and the skills to use it lol

I bet since the double air tube is just elongating a hollow aluminum tube it is still a pretty light and maneuverable Notos. Does that shift the balance point forward much?

Reactions: Firewalker
This thread has become mostly useless.
The few here, who want to sell Notos related mods, please do it in the classifieds.

Those of you with lathes, your mods are irrelevant to the 99.9 of the people without them.

To the moderators, please make a forum for the guys with lathes so they can brag there and stop antagonizing the rest of us.
My post was half joking.
I almost envy the guys with lathes and skills, yet would not buy an air gun that needs a lathe to make it enjoyable.

Still, this thread has become useless for the vast majority of Notos owners.

• Sad
Reactions: Firewalker
As this was my original thread I would say that any aftermarket mod ideas and prototypes are welcome here. I love that stuff. This doesn’t make the thread useless! It is awesome when a product comes out that inspires a bunch of aftermarket options to emerge. That’s the good stuff.
BUT I would definitely say that there HAVE been postings recently that just make me feel like I’m accidentally reading someone else’s email. That’s what PMs are for.

Last edited:
Still looking for an answer on stock barrel twist rate and if left or right if you guys don't mind helping out posting in between the coolest Notos mods I've seen.
These mods you guys do are making me want a lathe....and the skills to use it lol

I bet since the double air tube is just elongating a hollow aluminum tube it is still a pretty light and maneuverable Notos. Does that shift the balance point forward much?

I missed the barrel twist question, sorry. I will go see...

Reactions: EmptyTin_Tim
My post was half joking.
I almost envy the guys with lathes and skills, yet would not buy an air gun that needs a lathe to make it enjoyable.

Still, this thread has become useless for the vast majority of Notos owners.

NO

You were not half joking

NO

This thread is very much relevant to ALL Notos owners.

Triggers, moderator inserts, crowns, barrel removal etc. 100% relevant. Go somewhere else to spread your negativity, we got fun littler guns to post more pages on!

As this was my original thread I would say that any aftermarket mod ideas and prototypes are welcome here. I love that stuff. This doesn’t make the thread useless! It is awesome when a product comes out that inspires a bunch of aftermarket options to emerge. That’s the good stuff.
BUT I would definitely say that there HAVE been postings recently that just make me feel like I’m accidentally reading someone else’s email. That’s what PMs are for.

If that's me, shoot me a message, your OP your rules...

Reactions: markhooper
NO

You were not half joking

NO

This thread is very much relevant to ALL Notos owners.

Triggers, moderator inserts, crowns, barrel removal etc. 100% relevant. Go somewhere else to spread your negativity, we got fun littler guns to post more pages on!
I was talking about the fact that thread has become mostly a chat about mods that need deep skills and lathes in the past few weeks.

By the way, many mods for the Notos are the same as the mods for the PP750 since they are mostly the same.
All the trigger mods and hammer spring mods can be found in various other PP750 threads.

The silencer insert has been posted on the gateway to air guns for free, and I cannot say how grateful I am to the author.
Does that still feel negative?

I was talking about the fact that thread has become mostly a chat about mods that need deep skills and lathes in the past few weeks.

By the way, many mods for the Notos are the same as the mods for the PP750 since they are mostly the same.
All the trigger mods and hammer spring mods can be found in various other PP750 threads.

The silencer insert has been posted on the gateway to air guns for free, and I cannot say how grateful I am to the author.
The tone does !

Regardless as to what skill level or tooling you own, you will still benefit from the people experimenting and doing the mods. You can decide what looks useful to you and then pay someone else for their time to produce it for you.

This is my 2nd PCP. I've added a gauge block and changed the moderator out for a 3D printed one thanks to this thread. I don't have any special tools or skills. I picked it up from this and the other Notos' threads and this forum in general.
I also don't own a lathe but now I know what to ask a machinist to do for me if I find another air tube. And that's also thanks to this thread and it's lathe owning members, thank you!
@Genob - please don't stop posting, I can't personally do what you do, but I enjoy the virtual journey.
I'll say it again, if you find a nugget of info you want to access later, bookmark the post. It's the little ribbon insignia next to the post count on the upper right of the post. It really helps in a long thread like this.

This is my 2nd PCP. I've added a gauge block and changed the moderator out for a 3D printed one thanks to this thread. I don't have any special tools or skills. I picked it up from this and the other Notos' threads and this forum in general.
I also don't own a lathe but now I know what to ask a machinist to do for me if I find another air tube. And that's also thanks to this thread and it's lathe owning members, thank you!
@Genob - please don't stop posting, I can't personally do what you do, but I enjoy the virtual journey.
I'll say it again, if you find a nugget of info you want to access later, bookmark the post. It's the little ribbon insignia next to the post count on the upper right of the post. It really helps in a long thread like this.
Thank you for the complements, at this stage in my life I don't want any drama. All my post are also posted on the Umarex Notos Owners group on facebook. In fact my brother George just posted my answer to the rifling twist question post somewhere above. Every is welcome to view or join us there, we only ask people not to bring negativity over. It's a fun little group focused on helping each other. Thanks again,