• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Umarex Notos has arrived.

Notos with mods
15cc plenum
1/2 unf thread front end cap
5gram hammer 4mm preload
Barrel port bore to 4mm (stock 3.5mm)
Jsb 18gr 740fps

View attachment 376761

View attachment 376762
You can open the air block (the one w/ 4 screws where tank mounts) to 5 mm. This results in less pressure differential with valve and plenum during firing moment. Good for 10+ f/s.

Hammer spring adjustment seems to do nothing on my Notos?
Back story...aka voiding the warranty, yeah wahtever.
So I installed a gauge block and immediately noticed a huge FPS gain. It continued to shoot great (with no POI change) so I never dialed back the FPS to the original 750ish.
Today I decided to try and dial it back in the hopes of having more shots on tap at the original FPS.
No matter which way I turn the screw it doesn't change the speed.
Manual says 1 whole turn should be 150-200fps difference. I did that and got no change?!
How many turns should there be total?
What am I missing?
TIA

So I installed a gauge block and immediately noticed a huge FPS gain. It continued to shoot great (with no POI change) so I never dialed back the FPS to the original 750ish.
Today I decided to try and dial it back in the hopes of having more shots on tap at the original FPS.
Manual says 1 whole turn should be 150-200fps difference. I did that and got no change?!
What am I missing?
TIA
I’ve found that the spring is very soft. I turned mine in all the way to get max fps. I’ve also added a bushing for more compression

image.jpg

Reactions: AmosBurton
What am I missing?
TIA
With the hammer spring adjustment backed out all the way, it may drop speed by 20 F/S. The valve is fully open already at the lowest setting. You'll need softer spring to slow it down more. You can also increase reg pressure and it will slow down if you don't increase spring pressure, but since your after increasing shot count, this is not the way as now it will drop off the reg at higher pressure. Softer spring is the way to do it.

Reactions: AmosBurton
Put almost 75 Hades rounds through at 30 yards. Hand pumping it with my cheap four uncles ;)
The Notos is awesome!
The 3D printed moderator is superb. If only it were that simple for other firearms.

Now want to soften up the trigger. Is it worth it to even bother with the adjustable screw or just take this thing apart as mentioned here many times?
hi, i’m a new member on the forum and joined simply because this discussion is the reason i got the notos.. this thing is amazing! the notos is my first pcp airgun and i can’t seem to keep my hands off of it. as quiet as it already is, i’d like to get it quieter🥷🏼am i allowed to request for a member to print an insert for me?

Reactions: Dairyboy
hi, i’m a new member on the forum and joined simply because this discussion is the reason i got the notos.. this thing is amazing! the notos is my first pcp airgun and i can’t seem to keep my hands off of it. as quiet as it already is, i’d like to get it quieter🥷🏼am i allowed to request for a member to print an insert for me?
Go to GTA (Gateway to Airguns) forums and message miksatx. He has some made up, I just bought one from him yesterday. He may be on here but not sure if he goes by the same name.

I went ahead Sunday morning to test my dual tank Notos and I was very disappointed with the accuracy. I couldn't get a decent group after trying 4 different pellet weight. I decided to cut the moderator and saw how bad the crown was, eccentric and chatter marks. I faced it off and put a light 30 degree chamfer. I'm also going to make an air stripper for a functional shroud. Since the barrel is 12mm, it's under size to thread for 1/2" unf, I turned it down to 11mm and thread it M11x1 mm. Tomorrow I will machine the air stripper/barrel tensioner end cap.

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

Reactions: jackinthebox