Tuning Umarex Notos has arrived.

I have been thinking of purchasing a NOTOS but have been working on my PP750. I just added the buttstock adapter and waiting for the gage block for the reg pressure. Then I will do some tinkering and see what I can get out of this fully dressed 4.5 lb. mini carbine. Anyone know where to get black pistol grips for this?

View attachment 364629

View attachment 364630

View attachment 364631
Pyramid Air sells Notos pistol grips, about $13 bucks. It will fit the 750.

Oh in order to put the notos stock on the pp750 I did notch the Notos stock where the lever is on the right side.

20230614_204243.jpg

20230203_192505.jpg

And yes I tend to shoot the pp750 with the Notos garb more than the Notos stock in 22. The notos is too loud for me in my yard with the reg set as it is. It is a lot quieter with the reg turned down, plus you get more shots. If you need speed with the lower reg pressure just put in the rs pellets or even the non-lead pellets.

Allen

I will try to find my old post with the turned down reg on the notos. It still shot out to 33 yards with good accuracy and I went thru a whole lot of mags (oh no, I actually single loaded all of them!) before I needed a refill.

Last edited:
Reactions: qball
Okay post 211.

So going down to 100 bar with no other changes getting 694fps with the rs pellets a lighter spring gave over 70 shots per fill.

For me the stock was a big difference and I'm good without having to buy another LDC. We all got our different reasoning. Plus having a US company like Umarex to back them for parts or warranty is a plus to me. You've got quite a few nice compact guns I'm not sure if it will fill a hole you have? I just had my Evol Mini and a HW30S .177. Needed something in the middle but didn't want to spend much money. This fit the bill for a 30yd and in gun.

The only hole I have need filling is the one in my head! :ROFLMAO: I do have a few compact guns and don't "need" another one. in fact I have an OG FX terminator I got for cheap that could use some attention. Clearly I have issues.😅

Reactions: Dairyboy
The big difference that makes the NOTOs stand out? First reason availability in USA. 2nd reason performance. It shoots straight and it has the power that the pp750 did not have. Why is that? length of the barrel that actually performs. As mentioned the barrel is actually longer than the shroud going well into moderator.

Oh I forgot that extendable stock that the pp750 has, while neat, flexs a lot, the notos does not do that.

Allen

Great point on a bit longer barrel/more power and available/supported in US. It has been a few years so obviously they made improvements to the 750 platform. So maybe I’ll just wait a little for the 177 Noto and hopefully they can offer the new version with just a threaded barrel.

I actually liked the extendable stock even though it’s flimsy, just wish the Noto stock can be modified to have folding adaptor. Either way it looks like I’ll be waiting for a bit.

Thanks for all the info everyone.

I just installed Wes' (from Airgunarcheryfun.ca) PP750 gauge block on my Notos. I went from 750fps to 850fps!
A little POI change but not much.
Excited to tune this thing now.

Edit - added pics of the gauge block and a pic of the spot I hit with a grinder to make clearance for the air cylinder where it was touching the moderator
55512003-1B6A-402F-A7DE-73F3EBD5D550_1_105_c.jpeg

C38FC783-F7D1-475C-B308-C20370EE3C49_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh in order to put the notos stock on the pp750 I did notch the Notos stock where the lever is on the right side.

View attachment 364693
View attachment 364687

And yes I tend to shoot the pp750 with the Notos garb more than the Notos stock in 22. The notos is too loud for me in my yard with the reg set as it is. It is a lot quieter with the reg turned down, plus you get more shots. If you need speed with the lower reg pressure just put in the rs pellets or even the non-lead pellets.

Allen

I will try to find my old post with the turned down reg on the notos. It still shot out to 33 yards with good accuracy and I went thru a whole lot of mags (oh no, I actually single loaded all of them!) before I needed a refill.
I have 3D printed an Notos silencer insert which makes the Notos much more quiet than stock.
You can find the STL file on the gateway to airguns website.

The SPA air pistols/carbines, the Notos in .22, its sibling the PP750 in .177 and their cousin the PP700 in .177 are my top plinkers.

Many (50+) regulated shots, small and compact (not the Notos), accurate and with a trigger which can be made very good.

I have added 3D printed silencers to all of them and I can shoot them in my backyard in a very noise sensitive neighboorhood.
I bought 1/2-20 silencer adapters (for PP750 and PP700) but now I would just 3D print them.

I’ve gotten great accuracy from mine but remember, all pellet guns will prefer some type of pellet over others. You’ll need to try a variety of pellets and you’ll also want to pay attention to the condition the pellets are in. If you have a tin of pellets that is full of bent skirts you can be sure they aren’t going to fly consistently. Cheap pellets usually perform on par with their price. Sometime you’ll get lucky and a pellet gun does great with wal-mart Crosman pellets… but that’s not typical. That being said, my Notos shoots the el-cheapo Crosman pellets well enough for plinking at 35-40 yards.
Try some JSB 15gr .22 pellets and the JSB Hades are also doing well in the Notos, as well as 18gr JSB’s.
Your current results are definitely not the normal that is being reported by Notos owners.
At 10 yards you should have a single hole in your target maybe the size of a dime that 20 shots have gone through.
Being new to airguns there is a bit to learn about your new hobby, and how your pellet gun works.
What is the PSI that you have it filled to? Do you understand what the regulator does and do you know when it stops working?
Ha Thats exactly how i judge accuracy. 2 shots single hole at 10 yards.

My Notos should arrive this week. Tried to download a manual. No luck! Read where you should clean the barrel before shooting. Do I just carefully push a 22 cleaning rod down the barrel from the muzzle and slip a patch on it and pull out? Or is there a secret?

Patch worm or similar product.
61nhmIgH3eL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Allen

Patch worm works great but if you want to know a little secret it is to remove the front moderator pins and pull out the internal baffles. I tried with baffles on first and was almost impossible to get the patch through. The string kept getting caught and wouldn’t allow a full push through. Once I removed the pins (push pins out from bottom to top) at least for mine and then it was as simple as 1-2-3. Clean as a whistle and improved accuracy.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Patch worm works great but if you want to know a little secret it is to remove the front moderator pins and pull out the internal baffles. I tried with baffles on first and was almost impossible to get the patch through. The string kept getting caught and wouldn’t allow a full push through. Once I removed the pins (push pins out from bottom to top) at least for mine and then it was as simple as 1-2-3. Clean as a whistle and improved accuracy.

Good luck!
But if you are lazy like me?
2383392.jpg

After you drink this, use the straw to help you guide the string pass the moderator baffles.

Allen

Hello All, new member here. Just want to post the current mods on my Notos. I made a drop block to install a carbon fiber bottle (370cc) for more shot count. Then I decided to change to a longer barrel, 350 mm (13 3/4"). External reg set to 2K, this gives me 815 f/sec. on 18.13 JSB. Trigger has been reworked a lot. I drilled and tap another hole between the 2nd stage and safety spring access. this reduced the 2nd stage pull quit a bit. I also machined the hammer shoulder to removed the radius by the sear. Then I bought a folding stock hinge, but I had to reduce the adapter thread down to 1.128" as it is very under sized for Mil spec. My brother has posted this along with his Notos on the Notos owners group. Also forgot to mention, I modified the side lever to a biathlon style. Much easier to cycle the action using Carm magazines.

View attachment 345974View attachment 345975
Hi, nice looking rifle! ..Can you please, tell me how can I take the barrel off? ..I want to make threads on the barrel, for a better silencer.
Thanks and best regards,
Alex

Hi, nice looking rifle! ..Can you please, tell me how can I take the barrel off? ..I want to make threads on the barrel, for a better silencer.
Thanks and best regards,
Alex
There is a set screw for the plastic rail you must remove first. Under this is another set screw (M4x4mm) that requires 2mm allen wrench, may be a little tight due to thread locker. Once removed, the barrel and shroud will slide forwards together. The barrel diameter is 12mm, so it's under size for 1/2"x20 unf thread. I recomend using slip on adapter (12mm to 1/2" unf) available on eBay. As stated, "C" clips are molded in with the moderator, so no way to remove with out damaging it. I chuck the barrel on the lathe and used a parting tool just ahead of the dummy pin by the tapered end until it touches the barrel. You can then wiggle it forward to separate from the barrel. I threaded the OEM moderator 1/2x20 unf so I could compare it to other moderators. I you want to retain the shroud, you will need to leave enough on the tapered side and just cut enough to slide the adapter all the way. All this mods are posted on the Umarex Owners group on facebook by my younger brother.

Last edited: