Tuning Umarex Notos has arrived.

Get the CARM Magazine, no clear plastic cover to break, more shots per magazine and way easier to reload!
;D
I'd like to get a couple but for some reason I have been unsuccessful in placing an order. I follow all the ordering steps but my CC keeps getting rejected? I used another CC and same thing.
I have no idea why I cant place an order.

I've got two potential scopes for the Notos while waiting - one a 40buck SFP Bushnell stellar deal and the other a 105buck FFP westhunter. Both are very impressive for price. Will report once I get the Notos in hand.
I went with the Westhunter HD3x12x44 SFIR FFP. Haven't mounted it yet because my Notos order just came in and should be shipping today or tomorrow. Scope looks of good quality.

Reactions: jemkewl
I have to say I’m pleasantly surprised by the notos. I was apprehensive about a gun that cheap. However I have to say it is a lot for the money. The cocking arm feels pleasantly solid. The trigger breaks cleanly and the shot is super tame and quiet. Accuracy is great with the super cheap crossman premier hp. Its already drawn first blood on two feathered rats and is 2 for 2.
I’m slightly apprehensive still about a review I saw on PA website. It was saying the metal the receiver is made of is too soft and after about 1000 shots the bolt started to wear into the receiver and eventually became unusable. Hopefully that was a faulty receiver. Wait and see.

Reactions: pnwairgunner
I have to say I’m pleasantly surprised by the notos. I was apprehensive about a gun that cheap. However I have to say it is a lot for the money. The cocking arm feels pleasantly solid. The trigger breaks cleanly and the shot is super tame and quiet. Accuracy is great with the super cheap crossman premier hp. Its already drawn first blood on two feathered rats and is 2 for 2.
I’m slightly apprehensive still about a review I saw on PA website. It was saying the metal the receiver is made of is too soft and after about 1000 shots the bolt started to wear into the receiver and eventually became unusable. Hopefully that was a faulty receiver. Wait and see.
I have shot over 4k in .22 and over 3 tins of .177 in my Notos. No issues with the receiver at all. I odered another from PA and will have it by Tuesday, got it for $187 after final20 % discount plus $25 bullseye bucks I redeemed. This way I can have one dedicated to .177 cal. My mods is on the facebook umarex owners group.

Reactions: AmosBurton
Notos in hand.
Attached are two pictures of the moderator.
One is from the top and the other is from the bottom.
The bottom has the circle shape between the pin holes.
I assumed the pins went top / bottom or bottom / top. However, perhaps they go side to side (left / right).
Is anyone able to confirm looking at these pictures?

View attachment 359737

View attachment 359738
yes pins are vertical and if you remove them the end cap comes off and then you can slide the one piece baffles out.. if you fire it with the end of and baffles removed it pretty loud
mark

I have shot over 4k in .22 and over 3 tins of .177 in my Notos. No issues with the receiver at all. I odered another from PA and will have it by Tuesday, got it for $187 after final20 % discount plus $25 bullseye bucks I redeemed. This way I can have one dedicated to .177 cal. My mods is on the facebook umarex owners group.
I didn't know that it was available in 177.. probably quite a few more shots per charge?

maybe failed because of not cleaning and lightly oiling? only problem so far I had is the barrel I don't think was completely tightened in because it slightly rotated when I got it and it got looser and moved visible side to side.. so if anyone has that happen there's a screw in the top of the receiver that holds the barrel shroud.. although the moderator is also holding it.. anyway there's a set screw under the screw that actually holds the barrel in.. if you loosen it you can remove the barrel and shroud, just keep track of it's orientation because of the transfer port.. but you can tighten it up and no barrel play.. I don't remember what size it is but it's a tiny metric set screw under the top screw.
Mark

Reactions: airprsr
I didn't know that it was available in 177.. probably quite a few more shots per charge?
Not from Umarex, I made my own caliber change kit. I made a two piece pellet probe. I can just loosen the barrel grub screw and unscrew the front part of the probe. I can then install a .177 probe and barrel. I'm working on the .25 cal barrel now. The only issue is you have to re-zero the scope every time I switch caliber, might try two different scope and mount to see if it returns to zero with the barrel change. Shot count is about the same, I have a drop block and a .37 liter carbon fiber bottle. 90+ shots on 22 and little over a 100 with the 177.

Not from Umarex, I made my own caliber change kit. I made a two piece pellet probe. I can just loosen the barrel grub screw and unscrew the front part of the probe. I can then install a .177 probe and barrel. I'm working on the .25 cal barrel now. The only issue is you have to re-zero the scope every time I switch caliber, might try two different scope and mount to see if it returns to zero with the barrel change. Shot count is about the same, I have a drop block and a .37 liter carbon fiber bottle. 90+ shots on 22 and little over a 100 with the 177.
I'm really curious how you did the barrel swap.. with the moderator holding the shroud.. I really want to modify mine so that I can unscrew the moderator to have a shorter pistol or put it on for less noise target shooting..I just have to get time to machine the adapter for the front out of a aluminum stock I bought..
I don't know how myself to post pictures, but I would love to see yours..
Mark

I'm really curious how you did the barrel swap.. with the moderator holding the shroud.. I really want to modify mine so that I can unscrew the moderator to have a shorter pistol or put it on for less noise target shooting..I just have to get time to machine the adapter for the front out of a aluminum stock I bought..
I was just thinking and wondering if you maybe don't use the shroud? I use only open sights and it was a major reason I bought the notos.
I don't know how myself to post pictures, but I would love to see yours..
Mark

I was just thinking and wondering if you maybe don't use the shroud? I use only open sights and it was a major reason I bought the notos.
Yes i don't use the factory shroud as I made my own. For the .177 I used 3D printed cones for the Umarex origin and for the .22 I use five cones from the Marauder rifle. For scope, I use an dovetail to picatinny adapter on the front side. The back I cut a piece of blank picatinny rail. All of this is on the Umarex Owners group on facebook under George Barber as I don't have an account on facebook. I just finished a drop block series for those that want to make it with just hand tools. My .22 now has 15" barrel and the .177" is 16" long.

Last edited:
Reactions: miksatx