Tuning Umarex Notos has arrived.

I have posted that over on GTA but am going to upload a more comprehensive review and modification outline this week here.

The short and sweet answer though is to look closely at the ends of the pins holding the cap on and drive from the smooth side, pushing the knurled ends out first.

The cap, o-ring and baffle will drop out once the pins are removed.

This setup is IDEAL for inserts!
I cannot remove the pins holding the endcap after lots of hammering and using a punch.
How do you know which pin end has the knurled end?

Reactions: Firewalker
I cannot remove the pins holding the endcap after lots of hammering and using a punch.
How do you know which pin end has the knurled end?

Yes, the pins will come out either way but you will do less damage by striking the un-knurled ends.

Just look at both ends of the pins, the knurling is almost .5mm larger.

It takes a stout hit with a good pin driver. Just lay the gun down on a well padded table with the knurling facing down, place the driver square and give the pin a stout hit.

The pins don't go up and down...

That may be your issue...

The pins go side to side.
Wow, you are right.

I was expecting the pins to go up and down.

I will check to see if I can get them out side to side.

They don't come out sideways either.

I guess they got stuck after trying to make them go up and down.

Last edited:
I the beginning, I always wanted a better moderator. I decided to take the barrel off and cut the moderator just ahead of the dummy pin towards the barrel. Then I cleaned up the Notos moderator to 138 mm long, I then tapped it 1/2 unf. I made an adapter for the barrel (12mm to 1/2 male unf) so I can try different moderators. When I saw how bad the barrel crown was, I faced it off and champer it again.

IMG_1910(1).JPG

IMG_1911.JPG

IMG_1912.JPG

IMG_1913.JPG

IMG_1914.JPG

I the beginning, I always wanted a better moderator. I decided to take the barrel off and cut the moderator just ahead of the dummy pin towards the barrel. Then I cleaned up the Notos moderator to 138 mm long, I then tapped it 1/2 unf. I made an adapter for the barrel (12mm to 1/2 male unf) so I can try different moderators. When I saw how bad the barrel crown was, I faced it off and champer it again.

View attachment 351255

View attachment 351256

View attachment 351257

View attachment 351258

View attachment 351259
I don't have those tools or skils.
Otherwise I would have added an LDC adapter instead of the original moderator.

I printed the insert yesterday.

Today I hammered at the Notos moderator pins for half an hour using a blunt nail as a pin driver.
For now, I gave up on removing the Notos moderator pins.

At first I had assumed that the pins are oriented top to bottom (up/down direction).
I could not get the pins out.

Then another post stated that the pins go sideways (not up/down).
I tried to drive them out sideways, no luck.

I guess my neighbors better like the noise.

Reactions: Genob
Yes, the pins will come out either way but you will do less damage by striking the un-knurled ends.

Just look at both ends of the pins, the knurling is almost .5mm larger.

It takes a stout hit with a good pin driver. Just lay the gun down on a well padded table with the knurling facing down, place the driver square and give the pin a stout hit.
thanks for the details - hope the notos I ordered a month ago might actually show up soooooonnnn

Reactions: pnwairgunner