Tuning Umarex Notos has arrived.

Basically my thoughts as well. Out of the box, the Notos is better. But I've been able to modify my two Prods into something that the Notos can't be, simply due to the aftermarket parts support. But it's taken like $800 into each gun to get there, so there's that...

It's nice knowing the Notos is built off a proven design and a great price for a regulated pcp. Not as much plastic as I fist thought.

I've only put a Buck Rail AR stock and suppressor on my Prod. So about 60 bucks total. The power is nice for eliminating pests in the shop , doesn’t blow holes in the metal from pass through shots.

Reactions: UCChris
Look what I discovered guy's, a little secret stash spot on the Notos for the Single shot tray.

notos tray 1.jpg

notos tray 2.jpg

Notos tray 3.jpg

Basically my thoughts as well. Out of the box, the Notos is better. But I've been able to modify my two Prods into something that the Notos can't be, simply due to the aftermarket parts support. But it's taken like $800 into each gun to get there, so there's that...

I would have to shoot the Notos for a while and check it's accuracy compared to the Prods before I would say which one is better. I would bet the Prod has a better trigger . But if a guy wants more power and picatinny rails the Notos would be a good choice.

If I didn't have a Prod I would be all over the Notos. Or a new buyer comparison shopping, I would buy the priced right, regulated, more powerful Notos. Sad but true.

Last edited:
Reactions: UCChris
I would have to shoot the Notos for a while and check it's accuracy compared to the Prods before I would say which one is better. I would bet the Prod has a better trigger . But if a guy wants more power and picatinny rails the Notos would be a good choice.

If I didn't have a Prod I would be all over the Notos. Or a new buyer comparison shopping, I would buy the priced right, regulated, more powerful Notos. Sad but true.

Agreed. If you want a project gun AND can find a used Prod in the $200 range, then it can make sense. But Crosman asking almost $400 for the Prod in 2023 is a joke. It should be selling for $199

Can you post some instructions (with photos) on how you got the moderator out?

I have posted that over on GTA but am going to upload a more comprehensive review and modification outline this week here.

The short and sweet answer though is to look closely at the ends of the pins holding the cap on and drive from the smooth side, pushing the knurled ends out first.

The cap, o-ring and baffle will drop out once the pins are removed.

This setup is IDEAL for inserts!

Were you also able to remove the outer portion from the barrel without cutting it up? Thanks for posting the innards!

Sorry but no, I was not.

There are no ramps as I was hoping there were for the clips to climb and skid along the barrel.

I put the barrel/moderator housing assembly in my hydraulic press and applied just under 500# of force but there was no creep at all.

I do see the place they inserted the fingers inside the body to hold the rings open while inserting the barrel. 2 opposed slots on either side of the body hole.

This method makes it impossible to open the rings without destroying the molded body but I will try heating the barrel to the plastic softening temperature and see if I can get the barrel end to open enough to allow egress of the clips but leave it cool enough to rebound back to its molded state after removal.

I give it a 25% chance of working.

Reactions: pnwairgunner
Shooting my Notos yesterday afternoon at 50 yards just to see how it would do with CP Domes. Small plastic easter eggs were an easy target (virtually no wind, good day to shoot) Accuracy still amazes me with Crosman Premiers.

Got no complaints from me! I have a bunch of other pellets & slugs to try as well but so far, the barrel is impressive!

Reactions: LMNOP