Tuning Umarex Notos has arrived.

how long is it with the pistol grip? I have heard that the moderator is permanently fixed.. but so is the Diana bandit.. the bandit is screwed on with locktite.. just wondering if anyone has tried to take the moderator off and what would be the length then?
the wood grips in the picture are the pp750.. I see the brass wire stock attachment.. how long is the pp750? do you have a USA dealer for the 750?
Good question on the mod removable. That would be a bonus if threaded.. now i need to know..

The spa pp's. Only sold in free countries.. opps i mean overseas / low power like canada/(wes) or uk or krales for usa power. Americans need not apply or cold sholdered on most air gun stuff it seems vs other places. I mean who do you think you are? Pretty sad.. all the jat stuff available overseas but not here for you local so to say..

Crank up that hammer spring, I'd like to see what max power is even if it drops off quickly.

Also, is it possible to remove the moderator to reduce the length?
The moderator must be glued on. It doesn’t want to twist in either direction. I would think it will take some heat to get it to break loose.
I’m going to shoot some groups this morning at factory settings before I start adjusting anything. But I will definitely post results of maxing out the hammer spring.

Reactions: silvershooter589
Not bad... Was the pistol grips in the box or did you order them along with the gun? I assume you did not get the front and tear sight kit . For 13 bucks id of grabbed them just to make it compleat all around if i used them or not . ( I shoot irons so id use them). With them pellets you used was that " tuned" or out of box ? What umarex claim ? 600 with a 13 grain? .

I guess with use and maybe a spit of oil it will loosen up and smooth out . Seems to be the yhing on them types like the pp750 i hear tell.. you onow that break it in period.
The picture of the wooden grips are from another member sharing a pic of the pp750. I did not order grips for it.
As to velocity I believe Umarex claims 780fps on the box, no mention of what weight pellet, and pyramydair has it listed at 700fps with a 12 gr pellet. It definitely exceeds Pyramyds numbers.

Last edited:
The picture of the wooden grips are from another member sharing a pic of the pp750. I didn’t not order grips for it.
As to velocity I believe Umarex claims 780fps on the box, no mention of what weight pellet, and pyramydair has it listed at 700fps with a 12 gr pellet. It definitely exceeds Pyramyds numbers.
Looks like a sweet rig, sorry wasn't trying to bring attention away from your new gun. Just wanted to show some similarities.

Whats your plans for it? Plinking? Pests?

Reactions: pnwairgunner
Looks like a sweet rig, sorry wasn't trying to bring attention away from your new gun. Just wanted to show some similarities.

Whats your plans for it? Plinking? Pests?
No need for any apology friend. You are adding to the conversation. I originally ordered this back in May to shoot snakes and critters around the property. Until warm weather comes back it’ll just be shooting at paper and soda cans I think. The kids will enjoy this one as well I think. It’s short and very very lightweight.

Reactions: Glem.Chally
how long is it with the pistol grip? I have heard that the moderator is permanently fixed.. but so is the Diana bandit.. the bandit is screwed on with locktite.. just wondering if anyone has tried to take the moderator off and what would be the length then?
Without the carbine stock it measures 22inches.
Without the carbine stock and if you were to remove the moderator it looks like it would measure about 16 inches.
A5F1B159-429A-4CC3-9631-306583267D5C.jpeg
B0BD1FF2-523E-4704-A64F-3FD2373AE356.jpeg

Reactions: SgtOutlaw76
View attachment 320748
Chrony numbers for the first 3 magazines. Had trouble with rough loading with the first shot each time. And it’s not buttery smooth loading throughout the shot string. Hopefully more use will smooth things out.
Looks like you filled to the top of the shot curve. If you can't fill any higher psi you might be able to adjust the hammer tension to move the shot string curve down the pressure range a bit.

Sweet looking little carbine!

Without the carbine stock it measures 22inches.
Without the carbine stock and if you were to remove the moderator it looks like it would measure about 16 inches. View attachment 320857View attachment 320858
You show the grips again on your notos. Thats why i asked if they wrer in the box or what ?

I can see what a pp750 is at a glance..

Ya. I guess either you got a over rated gun or pa, umarex ,ect shows a under rated specs. For sure your better then that 700 with a 12 grain if its as is out of the box new.. when i seen that 780 andon your tore manual picture it perked my attention.. like whats up on that now...lol

You looking good so far 😉

I was wondering how ot measure up vs say the pp750 and benji mauroda pistol size. How bout just pistol weight and carbine weight? ( Dry)

Looks like you filled to the top of the shot curve. If you can't fill any higher psi you might be able to adjust the hammer tension to move the shot string curve down the pressure range a bit.

Sweet looking little carbine!
It is regulated, so there’s not really a shot curve until it drops off the reg set point.

So this may end up with more power than a Prod?

The safety on the trigger, that is how it’s done on my Air Arms s500. Didn’t like it at first, but it’s a non now.
Yeah I agree it’s a non-issue. It looks funny visually but your finger finds the safety very easily when you are shooting. I like the way it feels.

That is definitely a nice looking carbine, is the picatinny on top and rear made of plastic or aluminum?
The picatinny is some type of hard plastic and the stock is plastic. Otherwise I think everything else is metal. Not crazy about the plastic scope rail but overall it feels very sturdy.

Last edited:
321B6CC6-E758-4D8C-BD58-FC4F348F48E7.jpeg

This is 7 shots at 25 yards, with each pellet loading well. ( I’ll show another pic next showing a group with the magazine loading roughly.) For best accuracy it seems it’ll require the single shot tray that comes with it, but my “good” groups at 25 so far are plenty reasonable for me.
I’m using 18gr JSB’s this morning. After going through my .22 pellet shelf I cannot find any of the 15gr JSB’s I planned on trying. Otherwise I have a plethora of 18 gr FX and JSBs and a variety of H&N’s from 21gr down to 18gr, as well as a bunch of NSA slugs.
With the velocity sitting at @700 with the 18gr I don’t think there’s any point in trying any of the heavier H&N’s or NSA slugs. Gotta order some more 15 gr pellets to try out.

Last edited: