• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Umarex Notos has arrived.

As luck would have it, it is now raining the day after I received my Notos. I took the opportunity to adjust and lube the mag, round off and grease the trigger adjuster and mount the Sig Romeo 4H optic that will live on this rifle. A little silicon oil here and there to make contact points smoother.

Still experimenting with the trigger adjust screw, have it backed out a bit and the pull weight is better than what it was out of the box. I feel sure the trigger will get better with more use, but a match trigger nada nada...

The Notos is a quiet back yard friendly gun, though not as quiet as my XS60c with a 6 inch front end impliment. Of course the XS60c doesn't have quite the power the Notos has plus has a much longer barrel.

Have only been able to shoot a couple mags off the porch in the rain, but really like the way the gun shoulders and feels. It seems to be throwing 14.3 gn CP Domes with authority, but will have to wait a couple days for the sunshine to reture before confirming via the chrony, and setting an initial sight in for some accuracy testing.

Yep, I like it a lot. The wife said that I looked like a Chicago gangster walking around with it in the house!! :ROFLMAO:

I ordered the 12 rd magazines from CARM the other day, they should be here by next week or so, Hey Paulie you said these magazines work good, right....;)

Oh yeah they are nice !

493683AF-150A-4A03-95A4-279DD3C7FF88.jpeg

I think that was posted in one of the first 200 posts. 😅

Allen
LOL. Well that narrows it down.

Barrel OD is 11.95mm ish, From post #157

Reason I was curious was the picture of the 2 o-rings around the transfer port reminded me of an RTI barrel. That would have been somewhere between post #157 and #400😉

Last edited:
Reactions: UCChris
Does it load smoother than the factory mag? I still have rough loading on the first shot that I cycle into the barrel sometimes.

Can't speak for the Notos, but on my wife's Diana Bandit, which is another rebranded SPA gun, the Carm mags load so smoothly that I think I forgot to load the magazine sometimes. So much nicer than the garbage SPA mags.

For the guys that own both the Snowpeak and the Notoes does the Snowpeak have a better build quality.

Did you guys figure out how to remove the barrel without destroying the suppressor?
Yes, remove the screw holding the plastic pic rail. UNDER THAT SCREW is another screw that holds the barrel on. Just be really careful as they were a little over zealous about putting thread lock on that set screw. Warning do not use a ball type Allen to remove. Then you just slide the barrel, picatinny assembly off.

Allen

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
As for the build quality. I think the notos has newer tooling so tolerances seem tighter. And the notos also has a full length barrel giving it more speed. But the Notos also was a little skimpy about certain things like not having a threaded barrel. Not having a threaded moderator, and not using the shroud to help with moderation.

Allen

Was able to get the Notos out in sunny, but very breezy weather yesterday afternoon and yep, the vermin are in trouble in my yard now. Cleaned the barrel (it was quite dirty) and zeroed the optic at 17 yards (just inside my fence where the bird feeders hang) and shot single hole in my targets at will. Chrony said that Crosman Premier Dome 14.3 was averaging 765 fps and from a full fill I could get about 3 1/2 mags before it fell off the reg. Targets at 25 yards and 35 yards were pretty easy to hit, even with the gusty winds that were blowing.

Trigger pull is still a bit stiff, but nothing like what it was out of the box. I need to check the hammer spring adjustment to see where it is set and may adjust for just a little more velocity. Will try out the Apolo 16 gn pellets this afternoon. My XS60c loves the Apolo pellets and I think the Notos probably will too.
Yep, I guess you have to say I am a Notos Fan Boy now too...:cool: This one is a keeper!!

Does it load smoother than the factory mag? I still have rough loading on the first shot that I cycle into the barrel sometimes.
One thing that really helps on that problem is to adjust that little detent screw that holds the cover in place! I put a dab of blue locktite on the screw and adjusted so it clicks into place. It's a small spring loaded ball on the end.

Played with the Notos hammer spring settings this morning. Out of the box, the hammer spring was backed out almost all the way. Maxing out the hammer spring gained me a whopping 4 fps and more noise. As has been suggested already, backed the adjustment out about 1 1/4 turns from max and she quieted down and settled at about 767 fps with Crosman 14.3 Domes. Without adjusting the reg, I think it is most efficient now and it and I am happy! Accuracy is very good with the CP Domes and may be even better with other pellets. More testing to come.