Tuning Umarex Notos has arrived.

Heya whatsapcp,
If you happen to not enjoy that March optic, shoot me over a pm. I'd buy for what you have in it. 😉 I'm thinking of getting another for my Vulcan .22 to keep it light and quick for ratting. 😁
At $30 shipped, I can't imagine I won't find a use for it. I'm looking forward to throwing it on the carbine! Seems like a perfect match.

Reactions: UCChris and K9Air
I received a Notos this week and have a couple of questions;
1. Do you need to cock the gun in order to put air in it?

You do need to cock if there is no air in the system. But if there is some pressure in there no cocking needed.

2. Will dry firing the gun damage it?
Thanks

Just from what I read dry firing with no air pressure can damage the poppet valve and crack it. Dry firing with air presure in the system is okay.

I purchased a couple of the poppet valves just in case. I found them available on ebay under poppet valve for Artemis / SPA / Snow Peak / SMK PP750, PP800, CP1, CP2, Diana Airbug, Chaser, Bandit.

I do have to say that I did not try it or installed it. It was just a back up part if I were to damage the original.

Allen

Last edited:
Recommend you try to shoot an area further out than 10 yds. Many of the digital sights don't have enough adjustment values up/down when used on an airgun.
"If you have an option" to shoot at say 30yds, through the scope aim at a random open area on the ground. Look for the impacton the ground.
My Sightmark Wraith doesn't like close range targets.
Crosman Premier shoots pretty decent out of my Notos airguns.

Cheers,

K9
Hey thank you for this, it made a huge difference! Sighting from 30yards changed everything! I’m even happy to report the cheap Benjamin hunters from my local store shoot almost as accurate as the JSB Hades.

Last edited:

Good deal here, only 5 left
I got mine the other day

Mounted a Monstrum prism 3x.

Nice gun. Hope to enjoy it soon

View attachment 333093
Got mine a couple days ago, did some plinking this morning with crosman hp's @ 40 yrds.
20230218_132217.jpg

Reactions: LMNOP
Got mine a couple days ago, did some plinking this morning with crosman hp's @ 40 yrds.View attachment 333370
Looking good!

How’s the eye relief on that one ? 3x with a circle dot ?

That’s as far back as I can mount it and it’s just good. No issues.

I mounted a light/ laser In front of it. It all sights well no obstruction

825C7648-8154-47A7-94F3-9ED607CF7323.jpeg

This gun likes a lot of different pellets …..
Has someone composed a list of “ good “ pellets the Notos likes??

I questioned the wait for this carbine. Looks to me like Umarex put up vs shut up

Dare I say. This is a favorite pcp of mine. Jumped right to the front of the line

Not bad for 250 dollar gun.

Unheard of at this price point. Pretty complete gun IMHO

Reactions: LMNOP
You guys like red dots all the way to the back like that? I rather prefer them a bit further up... on this gun maybe just in front of the magazine. I don't think the mag would block the red dot on this. There is definitely a different sweet spot for different people. Sometimes that's all the way back but often times it's not.

Reactions: kneel
You guys like red dots all the way to the back like that? I rather prefer them a bit further up... on this gun maybe just in front of the magazine. I don't think the mag would block the red dot on this. There is definitely a different sweet spot for different people. Sometimes that's all the way back but often times it's not.

Those are prism sights and have very short eye relief.

Mine is a prism scope …. Soo

Reactions: silvershooter589
Can you give any details on what you did to the trigger. Just got mine this week and need help with the trigger.
Mine is a prism scope …. Soo
Yeah mine is a prism, doesnt work like a red dot. With my old eyes red dots look like a star burst. My prism has a circular dot instead of a crosshair.

Reactions: Perle and fatmatic
Yeah mine is a prism, doesnt work like a red dot. With my old eyes red dots look like a star burst. My prism has a circular dot instead of a crosshair.
[[There are two set screws, one is first stage, the other second stage. I adjusted the rear screw inward untill the sear wouldnt catch and then backed out slow untill it catches the sear. It was 4 days ago so I cant remember exactly, but it was easy. Someone posted pictures on this thread, I followed and you cant believe the difference it made. Also lubercate your hammer spring, after 600 or so shots, my cocking lever was binding so bad it would hardly cock. I was going to send it back, but tore it down and siliconed the spring and it fixed it.

I've had my Notos a few days now and have tried it with both scopes and red dots, both seem to work well. I've only shot CPUD's through it, but am happy with the results!
IMG_2421.jpg

This is a 7 shot magazine at 30 years. The trigger is adjustable, and while the manual says to use a 1.5mm Hex Wrench, I found it's actually a 1/16" Hex head grub screw! After a minor adjustment of the screw accessibly through the trigger guard, my trigger is as good as my Ataman AP-16! I was quite suprised.

I also have the Jet 1 and it's not as accuate as the Notos at 30 yards, but does quite well at 20 yards. It's also more compact and the Moderator can be removed to make it even more compact.

Here is a picture of my Prod, Notos and Jet 1 side by side. This is with the stocks fully extended.
IMG_2426.jpg

The same 3 with the stocks fully collapsed.

IMG_2427.jpg

I also found some old SPA Bandit/Varmint mags I had laying around. With a little filing, they fit the Notos just fine! I do want to get a larger capacity mag, and like the looks of the CARM Mag.

IMG_2420.jpg

One thing I've not seen in any of the online specs is the volume of the air cylinder. I know the Jet 1 is only 40cc and the Jet 2 is 80cc, but curious to know how the Notos compares.

I've had my Notos a few days now and have tried it with both scopes and red dots, both seem to work well. I've only shot CPUD's through it, but am happy with the results!
View attachment 334606

This is a 7 shot magazine at 30 years. The trigger is adjustable, and while the manual says to use a 1.5mm Hex Wrench, I found it's actually a 1/16" Hex head grub screw! After a minor adjustment of the screw accessibly through the trigger guard, my trigger is as good as my Ataman AP-16! I was quite suprised.

I also have the Jet 1 and it's not as accuate as the Notos at 30 yards, but does quite well at 20 yards. It's also more compact and the Moderator can be removed to make it even more compact.

Here is a picture of my Prod, Notos and Jet 1 side by side. This is with the stocks fully extended.
View attachment 334607
The same 3 with the stocks fully collapsed.

View attachment 334608

I also found some old SPA Bandit/Varmint mags I had laying around. With a little filing, they fit the Notos just fine! I do want to get a larger capacity mag, and like the looks of the CARM Mag.

View attachment 334609

One thing I've not seen in any of the online specs is the volume of the air cylinder. I know the Jet 1 is only 40cc and the Jet 2 is 80cc, but curious to know how the Notos compares.

That’s a fine trio of carbines.

All cool in their own ways

Nice grouping !