Tuning Umarex Notos has arrived.

The accuracy of my Notos will not necessarily be the same as the next guys Notos and so on…. No one can promise you a certain level of performance with any particular airgun without testing that exact airgun.
It’s a low powered rifle with a barrel less than a foot long and a very small air reservoir…. I’m sure many would like to see match grade accuracy with the cheapest pellets on earth and the whole thing selling for about $250. But that’s not realistic.
If you are already having issues with features that you don’t like….then maybe you should just buy something else? Why buy something you already aren’t happy with?
This thread isn’t here to act as a sales promotion. It’s an information dump.
I’m just happy to be here discussing it with other pellet gun nerds that own it like myself. I’ve no inclination try to talk someone into buying this thing! The people that want it are already lined up for it and are waiting for it to be in stock again.
As far as accuracy goes, I was shooting a group at 31 yrds. I put a shot into the paper and then put 6 more almost in the same hole, I should have stopped there, but decided to do a 10 shot group and post on this forum. Shots 7&8 were about a 1/4" off the group. It's not a "tack driver" but I can hit my 1" spinner every shot. Keep in mind this is an inexpensive airgun. It does what it was made to do. Plink and pest.

I like the Notos but I want people to confirm how accurate it is.

The Notos already has some bad stuff going against it like the various things they used to prevent actually modding and improving it (non-removable moderator, loctite in various screws, etc).

If it were accurate with cheap pellets I might buy it anyways.
I got mine yesterday, at 30 yrds. I'm getting + or-- 5/8" groups with Walmart Crosman hp`s. A little better with FX 18's. Its accurate enuff for me not to get rid of it. With a little tuning it will be well worth the cost. I have several high end guns for long range and tight groups. My notos is for close up night time rat shooting.

What has everyone settled on for optics? I was going to use the iron sights to play with for a while, but they are... garbage (rear slides right out).

I threw on a Primary Arms 4-14x44 FFP that I had in the closet, but that feels insanely overkill on this little carbine. I'd like to put something lighter and more compact on it.

I went ahead and ordered a March H3x28 that @K9Air recommended in another thread, but I'm curious what everyone else is using! (I can turn this into another thread if needed).

Reactions: K9Air
I got mine the other day

Mounted a Monstrum prism 3x.

Nice gun. Hope to enjoy it soon

BF8E3D50-1E7D-40DF-A2AE-672646239205.jpeg

What has everyone settled on for optics? I was going to use the iron sights to play with for a while, but they are... garbage (rear slides right out).

I threw on a Primary Arms 4-14x44 FFP that I had in the closet, but that feels insanely overkill on this little carbine. I'd like to put something lighter and more compact on it.

I went ahead and ordered a March H3x28 that @K9Air recommended in another thread, but I'm curious what everyone else is using! (I can turn this into another thread if needed).
6E065940-DFE8-40D9-A336-B244DB55B46B.jpeg

Bugbuster 3x12x32 with the side focus knob on mine. Seems to be just about the perfect size for the Notos and with the qd rings it’s easy to pop the scope on/off. I was going to buy a Hawke red dot sight for it, but this set up has grown on me now and it’s there to stay.

Is cocking required for all pcps in order to fill?

Nope. Sometimes the hammer spring pushes the hammer against the valve stem so you can cock it to relieve that pressure on the stem.

However, more and more guns are made with more efficient designs that often include a small amount of free flight so this isn't an issue

Last edited:
Reactions: K9Air

Heya whatsapcp,
If you happen to not enjoy that March optic, shoot me over a pm. I'd buy for what you have in it. 😉 I'm thinking of getting another for my Vulcan .22 to keep it light and quick for ratting. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: whatsapcp