Tuning Umarex Notos has arrived.

The only thing I did not like, was that it was not available in .177 so I made a few changes 😌

20230203_200159.jpg

A right side cocking .177 Notos with a screw on moderator!
😊👍

Allen

20230203_192454.jpg

It took a little bit to get to me on the west coast... Then there was a issue with the post man who was subbing, did not ring the doorbell, and just waited out there for 5 mins expecting somebody to notice him. I think he was hoping the notification would tell me to go outside! 🙄
But I purchased online on the 23rd last month. And here is the tracking.
Screenshot_20230208_151917.jpg

But I like better than the factory mags and the single loader is loads easier than single loading yourself.

Plus you can buy the other mags for your other guns at the same time.

Allen

Reactions: K9Air
Will a Polymag fit without binding the mag rotation?
Thanks!

K9
I had to see if i had any..
20230208_162501.jpg

If it is loaded correctly yes. And this is with the polymag shorts.
Screenshot_20230208_162728_Gallery.jpg

Because if you let the tip go into the opening it will not rotate.

In the single loader. There is nothing to hold the pellet in place so it will slide out if tipped back any. Forward movement is not a problem as there is a plastic wall that will block the pellet from falling forward.

Allen

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230208_162728_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230208_162728_Gallery.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: K9Air
I really love the look of this Airgun, it gives off such a tactical look with the stock and bottle design. Have you been enjoying it so far, and is it a Airgun you’d recommend?
It's fun yes, what else new, is in the same price range that will allow you to tinker with so much? But like most guns I'm sure I/you will find something else to play with in time. It's very light, inexpensive, and a bit rough. You will have to tinker with it when you get it. If the trigger was not adjustable I would have not played with it much after the first week and called it a $250 gamble. And because it is so light and kind of powerful for a .22 so small, it kicks a bit, enough to cause it to go off target, so that perfectly small group is a little harder to achieve. because if you put it in a vice and started shooting, most would all go in the same hole. So adding the accessories will help add weight and stability.

Allen

Last edited:
If you guys put a scope on this using both the front and rear scope rail, I recommend using adjustable scope rings as the front and rear pic rails are not perfectly on the same plane as each other. Good enough but not the same. The cheap ones will work on these plastic picatinny rail sections. While not perfect these do work well for my Notos and the pp750. They did not work well on my daystate so use caution.

20230208_165036.jpg

You can probably swap the torx cap screws with normal Allen screws.
20230208_165750.jpg

I just used the outer 4 corners for hold down 6 was a bit much for me to screw around with. They are available in both picatinny and dovetail.

20230208_170311.jpg

However, please note that 2 of the three sets I bought did not come with a tool for the torx head cap screws! I had a regular tool so it was no big deal for me.

Allen

It's fun yes, what else new, is in the same price range that will allow you to tinker with so much? But like most guns I'm sure I/you will find something else to play with in time. It's very light, inexpensive, and a bit rough. You will have to tinker with it when you get it. If the trigger was not adjustable I would have not played with it much after the first week and called it a $250 gamble. And because it is so light and kind of powerful for a .22 so small, it kicks a bit, enough to cause it to go off target, so that perfectly small group is a little harder to achieve. because if you put it in a vice and started shooting, most would all go in the same hole. So adding the accessories will help add weight and stability.

Allen
Thank you Allen! I really appreciate your detailed response. For $250 on this It doesn’t seem like you could go wrong

Reactions: Healthservices
I had to see if i had any..
View attachment 330729
If it is loaded correctly yes. And this is with the polymag shorts.
View attachment 330732
Because if you let the tip go into the opening it will not rotate.

In the single loader. There is nothing to hold the pellet in place so it will slide out if tipped back any. Forward movement is not a problem as there is a plastic wall that will block the pellet from falling forward.

Allen
Thanks Allen. Much appreciate you and the detailed reply.

Cheers,

K9

Hi guys. I’m new to air rifles and am hoping to get some guidance. I just received the Notos today as I thought it would be a good beginner gun. It’s a ton of fun but I notice it’s wildly inaccurate, even as close as 10-15yards. I’m using a Sightmark Wraith Mini and attempting to zero from a table and using a sandbag. I’m curious, if my issue is pellet related? I bought some .22 pellets from Academy (local sports store), they are 14.3 grain “Benjamin Hunters”. I don’t think any of the shots have been closer than 1” apart with some not even hitting the 8x11 paper I’m using as a makeshift target. Would appreciate any advice!

Hi guys. I’m new to air rifles and am hoping to get some guidance. I just received the Notos today as I thought it would be a good beginner gun. It’s a ton of fun but I notice it’s wildly inaccurate, even as close as 10-15yards. I’m using a Sightmark Wraith Mini and attempting to zero from a table and using a sandbag. I’m curious, if my issue is pellet related? I bought some .22 pellets from Academy (local sports store), they are 14.3 grain “Benjamin Hunters”. I don’t think any of the shots have been closer than 1” apart with some not even hitting the 8x11 paper I’m using as a makeshift target. Would appreciate any advice!
Try a few different type of pellets before you write the gun off. Crosman Premiers or the CPHPs can be good alternatives.

I’ve gotten great accuracy from mine but remember, all pellet guns will prefer some type of pellet over others. You’ll need to try a variety of pellets and you’ll also want to pay attention to the condition the pellets are in. If you have a tin of pellets that is full of bent skirts you can be sure they aren’t going to fly consistently. Cheap pellets usually perform on par with their price. Sometime you’ll get lucky and a pellet gun does great with wal-mart Crosman pellets… but that’s not typical. That being said, my Notos shoots the el-cheapo Crosman pellets well enough for plinking at 35-40 yards.
Try some JSB 15gr .22 pellets and the JSB Hades are also doing well in the Notos, as well as 18gr JSB’s.
Your current results are definitely not the normal that is being reported by Notos owners.
At 10 yards you should have a single hole in your target maybe the size of a dime that 20 shots have gone through.
Being new to airguns there is a bit to learn about your new hobby, and how your pellet gun works.
What is the PSI that you have it filled to? Do you understand what the regulator does and do you know when it stops working?

Reactions: kidkb
Recommend you try to shoot an area further out than 10 yds. Many of the digital sights don't have enough adjustment values up/down when used on an airgun.
"If you have an option" to shoot at say 30yds, through the scope aim at a random open area on the ground. Look for the impacton the ground.
My Sightmark Wraith doesn't like close range targets.
Crosman Premier shoots pretty decent out of my Notos airguns.

Cheers,

K9

Reactions: kidkb
I received my Notos Feb 7 right on time and my UPS driver called out "UPS" so there was no issue there to give a signature. I really like this carbine and ran it over the chronograph with following results.:

Shooting JSB Jumbo Express 14.3 gr...

LO 778.7
HI 783.1
AVG 780.4
ES 4.38
SD 1.73

I zeroed it at 25 yards but disappointed no trigger adjustment.

More details /photos to follow.

I received my Notos Feb 7 right on time and my UPS driver called out "UPS" so there was no issue there to give a signature. I really like this carbine and ran it over the chronograph with following results.:

Shooting JSB Jumbo Express 14.3 gr...

LO 778.7
HI 783.1
AVG 780.4
ES 4.38
SD 1.73

I zeroed it at 25 yards but disappointed no trigger adjustment.

More details /photos to follow.
Depending on your comfort level, you can open it up and do some trigger adjustments. 😊

Head back to thread page 11 and start reading. "Heathservices" really went above and beyond showing detailed info on the trigger.

Cheers

K9

Last edited: