Tuning Umarex Notos has arrived.

This is not true for all jets because mine is very accurate. I have not taken any pictures of groupings but I've been extremely happy with the accuracy of my jet so far.
I am sure the Jet’s don’t all suffer from poor accuracy, but all the groups I’ve seen posted from it are pretty….meh. I wouldn’t consider my Notos to be totally spectacular in its accuracy but it’s not too shabby!
Given a wide enough selection of ammo I am sure the Jet could be a fairly good shooter, but from the videos I’ve watched I don’t think they are built to the same quality that the Notos seems to be. The Notos is a lot more metal than plastic. Time will tell how both models hold up over time. And i hope they both hold up well for whoever bought them!

For Notos how is the accuracy at longer distances 40-50-60 yards?

I have 2 Kral NP03 which are solid airguns, and similar in size to the Notos (a little heavier).
If anyone has the NP03 and the Notos, how do they compare?
Weather permitting I can try a 40 or 50 yard target tomorrow and post some pics. But I wont be anticipating stellar results at 50 yards from a barrel that’s less than a foot long.

Ok word of warning again for those who decide to pull the barrel. The other night I went to pull the Notos back together and of course the grub screw decides not to move! Worst was my new Allen wrench skipped and rounded off. Ugh! Took it to work yesterday to get a better look and yup I have to drill it out. Took some tools home and put it in the cheap drill press. Note to self, don't ever buy a cheap drill press.

20230123_215402.jpg

That is excess locktite around the hole and the rounded grub screw. Sorry camera did not focus
20230125_201536.jpg

Me carefully drilling out the grub screw. And just so you guys are aware that other hole can probably be used to hold the barrel in. You just need to also drill a hole in the picatinny rail to match.

Here it is after I drilled it out and ran a tap to make sure there was no locktite or shavings in the thread. There is a stainless grub scew in there right now.

20230126_183918.jpg

Allen

Reactions: pnwairgunner
Ok word of warning again for those who decide to pull the barrel. The other night I went to pull the Notos back together and of course the grub screw decides not to move! Worst was my new Allen wrench skipped and rounded off. Ugh! Took it to work yesterday to get a better look and yup I have to drill it out. Took some tools home and put it in the cheap drill press. Note to self, don't ever buy a cheap drill press.

View attachment 326905

That is excess locktite around the hole and the rounded grub screw. Sorry camera did not focus
View attachment 326916

Me carefully drilling out the grub screw. And just so you guys are aware that other hole can probably be used to hold the barrel in. You just need to also drill a hole in the picatinny rail to match.

Here it is after I drilled it out and ran a tap to make sure there was no locktite or shavings in the thread. There is a stainless grub scew in there right now.

View attachment 326919

Allen
WHY would they put LOCKTITE on the frikkin barrel grub screw!! Ugh.
Ridiculous.

Reactions: nobody1
Here is something interesting since I had the barrel and the air tube off I thought hmmm I wonder what the reg is set at? So I pull the other air tube off of the pp750 with the gauge on the regulated air. Oh by the way I also put a digital gauge on inplace of the tiny analog that was on there.

20230126_191817.jpg

20230126_191718.jpg

Guess where the notos is regulated at? They gave us a hint.

Oops forgot to put it in but first fill to max it went...
20230126_190755.jpg

About 147 bar.

Allen

Last edited:
Reactions: pnwairgunner
The pp750 has a shorter barrel. Longer barrel allows more time for acceleration.

20230122_222135.jpg

However the shorter barrel allows baffling in the shroud. The Notos does not have any baffling at all in the shroud.

The Notos barrel is actually longer than the barrel shroud and extends into the moderator.

Screenshot_20230123-185042_Chrome.jpg

Allen

Last edited:
Reactions: UCChris
The pp750 has a shorter barrel. Longer barrel allows more time for acceleration.

View attachment 326992
However the shorter barrel allows baffling in the shroud. The Notos does not have any baffling at all in the shroud.

The Notos barrel is actually longer than the barrel and extends into the moderator.

View attachment 326993

Allen

Ah, I didn't see the barrel length difference.

Here is something interesting since I had the barrel and the air tube off I thought hmmm I wonder what the reg is set at? So I pull the other air tube off of the pp750 with the gauge on the regulated air. Oh by the way I also put a digital gauge on inplace of the tiny analog that was on there.

View attachment 326935

View attachment 326934
Guess where the notos is regulated at? They gave us a hint.

Oops forgot to put it in but first fill to max it went...
View attachment 326937
About 147 bar.

Allen
I think the published fpe numbers and shot count on pyramyd would be true with the reg set at @1900 psi… I would guess that’s probably what they originally intended.

Reactions: Healthservices
I like the Notos but I want people to confirm how accurate it is.

The Notos already has some bad stuff going against it like the various things they used to prevent actually modding and improving it (non-removable moderator, loctite in various screws, etc).

If it were accurate with cheap pellets I might buy it anyways.
There is nothing negative about the Notos in my book. i have shot squirrels at 50 yds with hades and I think that is not what it is designed for. It’s a close range, no need to fiddle around with lightweight and accurate pellet rifle. If you feel the need to modify and add parts to a Airgun to make it better than buy a Fx Airgun they Are a modifiers dream. And yes I own two FX’s

Reactions: L.Leon and LMNOP