• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umarex Umarex Mark IV - Super disappointing

Yea I know, its a cheap budget pistol. Had some time to kill and swung into TSC. Saw it on the shelf on thought it may be fun.

I know my chony is as cheap as it gets...but its consistent. Im getting wild swings in FPS and way under advertised when it does shoot "good"

Anyone familiar with these, can guide me on why this is happening and how to fix?

Couple examples. Some times it shooting around 125. The best way 259. Figured id ask you guys.

Edit: If anyone has one of these, can you look down the side of it and see if your barrel looks like this? Looks like its pointing down, maybe not sealing right?

Last edited:
Mine has an average muzzle velocity of around 340fps with 7gr Meisterkugeln and a deviation of only around 5 fps. Pretty consistent. I looked at mine and the barrel is dead straight with the receiver, no droop. Sounds like you have a defective gun.

Only real problem I found with mine was the heavy trigger pull. Did a trigger job and got it down to around 4lbs. Not a bad shooter now.

Thanks for the reply! I went ahead and exchanged for another one today......

Barrel is pointed down, but its crooked too :( Im gonna say Tractor Supply got a bad batch of these things.

Who knows.
Yeah, that's odd. Must be a bad batch. I got mine from PA. If you can get one that's straight, it's decent gun for not a lot of money after a bit of tuning and break-in. Easy to work on too. If you decide to get another, another easy mod is to fill the compartments under the grips with ballast. Added about 6oz of fine birdshot mixed with epoxy. The extra weight and a lighter trigger really helps with overall shootability.

Reactions: WIndOnYerGrape