Umarex made in Germany?

... so in my recent Internet travels I saw a remark , that Umarex , though a German company and based in Germany, does not actually manufacture their air guns in Germany. I heard Taiwan (verified), and possibly other countries. I was pretty much salivating at the thought of getting a German made gun, or several. Any thoughts?

I bought this Walther PPQ replica from Gunbroker.com a while back, and never even questioned that the gun was a German made unit. Did not look at the packaging at all really (cheap plastic pkg) and any manual that may have come, lost on the boat somewhere. I guess it's probably Taiwan made

PPQ12.jpg

That " made in" today don't hold any weight .. pretty much a joke .

Some places like the USA all it needs is pulled out of a bulk sealand, sorted and put in a retail box to qualifed for the made in USA lable .. or not he retail box was made in USA ...lol

I do see Diana now put "designed in Germany" on the guns I guess are there partners snowpeak rebranded / made china stuff ..

Umarex is an importer. Walther is the only one I think imported from Germany. Most everything else is Chinese.
Hammer China
Gauntlet China
Origin China
Any arrow gun China
Don’t get me started with Air Venturi, JTS, Diana. And that’s just another few. The list goes on.
The only true US manufactures are American air arms, Air Force, Benjamin, Western, Don Cothran. There’s probably one or two more that I’m forgetting. This is just in the PCP department.

Last edited:
Still could be just assembled in Germany from outsource parts from who know where/ china .. maybe just a receiver or barrel or stock ..

It's any means to produce the cheaper better product.

That cheaper for them to make and better profit for the shareholders. And pass the 500% markup down to you ..

You know that cheap china cnc factory cranking out millions and maybe have 50$ in a gun that's sold to you at pa for a $1000..😂

Reactions: sgtscott
Still could be just assembled in Germany from outsource parts from who know where/ china .. maybe just a receiver or barrel or stock ..

It's any means to produce the cheaper better product.

That cheaper for them to make and better profit for the shareholders. And pass the 500% markup down to you ..

You know that cheap china cnc factory cranking out millions and maybe have 50$ in a gun that's sold to you at pa for a $1000..😂
To me Shot Show was just the Cummins tool truck reincarnation. Snowpeak for everyone! Lol.

To me Shot Show was just the Cummins tool truck reincarnation. Snowpeak for everyone! Lol.
Lol.. I had one off the truck . A underlever and them green plastic pellet tin pellets ..lol.. .. it was a hit at creek parties. Wether you were falling down drunk or stone cold sober you stayed on equal footing shooting it ..lol

Regardless it made for some fun times for what it was ..

Lol.. I had one off the truck . A underlever and them green plastic pellet tin pellets ..lol.. .. it was a hit at creek parties. Wether you were falling down drunk or stone cold sober you stayed on equal footing shooting it ..lol

Regardless it made for some fun times for what it was ..
Definitely

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
That " made in" today don't hold any weight .. pretty much a joke .

Some places like the USA all it needs is pulled out of a bulk sealand, sorted and put in a retail box to qualifed for the made in USA lable .. or not he retail box was made in USA ...lol

I do see Diana now put "designed in Germany" on the guns I guess are there partners snowpeak rebranded / made china stuff ..
Well I'm feeling like I just fell off the turnip truck . between you and Mr Airgun Revisions I've had a good block of instruction :) . Appreciate dat

Umarex is an importer. Walther is the only one I think imported from Germany. Most everything else is Chinese.
Hammer China
Gauntlet China
Origin China
Any arrow gun China
Don’t get me started with Air Venturi, JTS, Diana. And that’s just another few. The list goes on.
The only true US manufactures are American air arms, Air Force, Benjamin, Western, Don Cothran. There’s probably one or two more that I’m forgetting. This is just in the PCP department.
Appreciate that rundown sir :) --- are you sure I can't get you started on JTS? I thought JTS was just some good old Texas boys. I was looking to pick up an Airacuda Max in .30 as my next airgun

Look at the price. The average hourly rate in Germany is 38 € and that is way lower you would expect for a skilled labour wages...

And here is the Sig Sauer Romeo 7

View attachment 453596
Designed in...
Assembled in ...
And the parts are made probably what China outsourced to a third-forth level source...

J- just ,T--the , S- same

China .

Says so right there ..🤤
View attachment 453854
I should get back on the turnip truck now o_O but ignorance has never stopped me from forging ahead. --- this your gun? how are you feeling about it at the moment?

I should get back on the turnip truck now o_O but ignorance has never stopped me from forging ahead. --- this your gun? how are you feeling about it at the moment?
No .. I'm not hip to pcp ..

Anymore it's just grab a hw 95/ Beeman R9 and go shoot great shots ..

If your looking for a as close to true German made the hw springers are your ticket..

Reactions: sgtscott
Not to overstate the obvious state of affairs but...

We might all be well advised to learn Chinese. Here's the first lesson test. Translate this Mandarin phrase into English, American, or Texican-

#&$$$%!

When you kinda know it's not going to be American
th-2910640210.jpg